KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Witherspoon Kelley Reviews

Updated Apr 7, 2014

Found 2 of over 2 reviews

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

The latest conversations about Law

Join the conversation on

Law

3m

an

Associate Attorney

It seems partners are much more flexible with associates who have kids than with those who don’t. If it’s okay for my colleague with a kid to leave at 5 pm and log on later, why isn’t that the same for me (no kids)? My obligations might be different, but I still have a life and want to be able to do certain things, like catch that evening workout class or cook dinner for my partner. As you can probably tell, my firm is operating 100% in person. There is no point here — I’m just whining.

3,244

404 Comments

Join the conversation on
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great mentors with serious lack of sight for the future

Apr 7, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

There are some incredible attorneys to learn from and gain experience from. Many of the staff are knowledgeable and willing to help. If you want to expand your knowledge, there is a vast pool of resources to draw if you ask the right questions.

Cons

A lot of the senior management and partners are stuck in a rut and unwilling to listen to change. It can be definitely cut-throat at times, and you learn to watch your back by certain staff members as you will be thrown under the bus to make them look good.

Continue reading

Dec 28, 2013 - Associate Attorney in Spokane, WA
    Recommend
    CEO Approval
    Business Outlook

Pros

Legacy, and some very smart people.

Cons

Short-sighted vision and culture of those now in leadership who are nearing retirement and making decisions to their benefit and to the detriment of the firm and younger lawyers.

Continue reading