WizeHive Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated October 10, 2017

3.5
Mike Levinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Growing company, great culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at WizeHive full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WizeHive is a small biz that is growing rapidly, providing the best of both worlds to its employees. You'll know everyone and have the opportunity to be involved in real decisions and influence the trajectory of the company. The leadership is very hands-on and open about the company's strategy, sales, and future plans. The office is laid back and casual with a get-your-work-done-but-have-fun attitude that allows the staff to be themselves and contribute something real.

Cons

As a smaller company some of the benefits you might have come to expect from HR aren't available, like life insurance.

Advice to Management

Keep sharing, and add perks to compete with larger players as our staff size and revenue grows.

2. "Good experience overall"

Pros

I loved my coworkers, I worked here for a year or so and still keep in touch with the incredible friends I made here.

Cons

The job is not glamorous for a tech startup. I really don't like how they get labeled as a tech startup because while it is not beaurocratic Wizehive is a pretty well established company at this point.

3. "Work with stellar people and tap into the huge growth opportunities!"

Pros

The people here are fantastic. There is such a mix of backgrounds, knowledge sets, and personality types that blend together for a great - and extremely fun - working environment. So many creative, driven, and inspiring people.

You get the chance to work with a lot of neat clients who are using our product to support really impressive and life-changing scholarships and grants.

There is a lot of room for growth. WizeHive is still definitely figuring itself out - its direction shifted several times in my time there, and I think there is a need for several positions that haven't been identified or exist yet. This could be a con for some - if you need structure and clear direction all the time, this is NOT for you. But if you're excited by opportunity and the chance to make a true and real impact and get involved in an area or project that interests you, then this is definitely for you! Trust me - right now is a really exciting time to work for WizeHive.

Finally, the company has really committed to addressing some of its former cons and downfalls. One may see some more negative reviews from the past. As someone who worked with the people who produced both those negative reviews (and at some point, agreed with them) and the positive ones, I can tell you firsthand that there has been a dramatic change in the environment over the course of just a year or two. Through both word and action, management has committed to making some changes in how we structure teams, how individuals are valued and recognized, how different teams interact with one another, etc.

Cons

Depending on your department, you can expect to work overtime, and a lot of it - and unpaid. Certain positions in particular are notorious for late nights, work on weekends, etc. There can be a lot of stress here sometimes.

The company is still finding itself and its direction. Expect some angst and confusion to accompany the soul searching mission. There are pros that accompany this, stated above. On the other hand, though, the uncertainty can be a bit stressful.

Advice to Management

Remember that your employees are individual people with their own talents and skills but also their own needs - occasional personalized attention accompanied with a true openness to criticism is very much appreciated!

4. "Emerging SaaS company doing all the right things"

I have been working at WizeHive full-time

Pros

WizeHive has well-balanced priorities, focusing equally on all of the right things - predictable revenue growth, professional growth of employees, new product and market opportunities, etc. You need to be prepared to work hard here. But you'll be rewarded by experiencing the inner-workings of a rapidly growing tech startup, while also enjoying the stability associated with a more traditional small business.

Cons

You're unlikely to find the glamorous money- and time- burning cultural perks offered by other tech startups. Then again, the startups that offer them often don't have their priorities straight and seldom make it out of the startup phase. WizeHive's well-balanced values are in line with my own, but depending on your outlook this may be a con.

5. "Limitless Opportunities"

Pros

The ability to work in a startup type atmosphere with a great team and incredible family of customers is definitely a plus. WizeHive provides employees with ample opportunities for education and growth, and each member of our team plays a huge part in the day-to-day success of the company. It's a joy to start work every day knowing that you play a key role. Led by an experienced management team, it's comforting to know the sky is the limit.

Cons

No cons thus far in my experience at WizeHive

Advice to Management

Management continues to be very supportive and involved. It's clear that employee happiness is above all.

"Great people, but significant structural problems"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at WizeHive full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WizeHive has managed to attract a bunch of talented, energetic people that have gone on to make contributions to several other Philly-area tech companies. The company is small enough that an individual contributor can really see their efforts make an impact.

Cons

Not many of those people have stayed at WizeHive. The company seems to struggle finding the appropriate balance between startup agility and actual organizational accountability and employee morale suffers as a result. There did not seem to be a clear vision for the target market for the product. Turnover is high and hiring/departures were not handled very gracefully.

"Do not be fooled by this company"

Pros

I got to meet a lot of great co-workers that I still keep in touch with!

Cons

High turnover, empty promises of raises and promotions, took advantage of employees, product needed major improvements, management in denial

Advice to Management

It is basic, follow the Golden Rule:"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". When the turnover rate continues to be ferociously high, it is time to face the facts in front of you and see what needs to be adjusted. Your management team is clearly in denial. You cannot continue to make excuses. It is toxic for the company culture and continues to cost the company unnecessary money. You will not be able to survive if you continue to hire poorly and make employees so frustrated they are left no other choice, but to leave. At some point you need to step back and take a long hard look at what can be improved with your products, management and your business plan. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.