WizeHive Reviews

Updated Jan 13, 2020

3.8
WizeHive CEO Carl Guarino (no image)
Carl Guarino
1 Rating
  1. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at WizeHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

Small start up atmosphere with great leadership and a positive work environment

Cons

A lot expected, large workload

WizeHive2019-10-30
  2. "Nice people, but not worth staying"

2.0
    Former Employee - Client Services Team in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at WizeHive full-time

Pros

The people you work with are fantastic and the work-life balance is great. Work form home Fridays and lunch Thursdays

Cons

THE PRODUCT IS BAD. I DONT UNDERSTAND HOW PEOPLE BUY IT. It is bizarre to have to teach this product since it is not straight forward at all. Because of the software, it is not a cookie-cutter solution which means your clients will never really go away and the custom solutions aren't documented well. All they care about is sales. It doesn't matter how they get there or at what cost that. There are no repercussions for them if they sell something the product doesn't have and it is on the client services team to figure it out. Upper management is really bad and I'm not sure how they haven't. A lot of people are comfortable in the positions they are in even though they don't contribute a lot to the company (they need to clean house). Small company so not a lot of opportunities to grow. Benefits are average. Overall the CEO doesn't seem to care about peoples concerns

WizeHive2020-01-13

"Spirited and impressive team with a promising trajectory"

I have been working at WizeHive full-time

Pros

WizeHive is a stable company and has 10 years of success. In recent years the team has experienced 30% year over year growth, which has been a true team effort across departments. With a strong base of an existing 750 well-known clients, the team has strategically explored and identified additional markets to expand into providing a rich opportunity to attract larger enterprise level accounts which has further fueled their annual recurring revenue (ARR), which as you know is the primary metric for software as a service (SAAS) business for capital raises, acquisition, etc. Some of the things that I really enjoy: - WizeHive provides a learning opportunity at every turn within and outside of boundaries of a defined role; I have seen many careers develop and flourish due to this. Specifically, multiple former interns have grown into full-time roles and are now key members of the team - Ability to interact freely with all levels of the organization internally; this promotes learning and overall growth - Unlimited PTO has been a wonderful way to allows for each employee to autonomously manage their professional and personal life balance - WizeHive has a non-bureaucratic, non-cliquey culture. Even better nearly everyone has a can-do solution-oriented attitude - In late 2017, the team moved to a new office that provides a modern tech atmosphere - Free lunch for our weekly company meeting in addition to other days; I know some of the managers brings in breakfast every once in a while for their team and end up sharing with other departments - The company covers the majority portion of health care costs which has helped as the market health care rates continue to increase every year - Personally, I have met some great friends through what started out as just colleagues which speaks to the quality of people and recruiting process that targets "A players" Seeing the passion and drive in both the Founder and CEO has driven my own passion and love for the company. For example, I have literally seen the CEO, Carl Guarino, clean up trash and leftover food from a company meeting on multiple occasions. I have also personally seen the Founder, Mike Levinson fix the kitchen sink. That's an incredibly powerful motivator and accurately paints the picture of the company culture at WizeHive, that it is truly an all hands on deck, solution-oriented atmosphere.

Cons

- WizeHive is a rapidly growing company which takes patience and agility on behalf of the employees - The lack of 401k plan or contribution has been difficult but the many other perks make up for it in my opinion - As a team and within departments we could do a better job of celebrating the small wins

WizeHive2018-02-26

"Great company, great team, great opportunity."

I have been working at WizeHive full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great leadership team and strong product, investing in growth. Leadership engages all in strategy development, thinking and execution - creating a great learning opportunity for all looking to understand fundamentals of business growth. Fun and relaxed culture.

Cons

Nothing you wouldn't see at any growth stage company

WizeHive2018-01-15

"Growing company, great culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I have been working at WizeHive full-time for less than a year

Pros

WizeHive is a small biz that is growing rapidly, providing the best of both worlds to its employees. You'll know everyone and have the opportunity to be involved in real decisions and influence the trajectory of the company. The leadership is very hands-on and open about the company's strategy, sales, and future plans. The office is laid back and casual with a get-your-work-done-but-have-fun attitude that allows the staff to be themselves and contribute something real.

Cons

As a smaller company some of the benefits you might have come to expect from HR aren't available, like life insurance.

WizeHive2017-10-10
  6. "Good experience overall"

I worked at WizeHive

Pros

I loved my coworkers, I worked here for a year or so and still keep in touch with the incredible friends I made here.

Cons

The job is not glamorous for a tech startup. I really don't like how they get labeled as a tech startup because while it is not beaurocratic Wizehive is a pretty well established company at this point.

WizeHive2015-11-05
  7. "Work with stellar people and tap into the huge growth opportunities!"

4.0

I worked at WizeHive

Pros

The people here are fantastic. There is such a mix of backgrounds, knowledge sets, and personality types that blend together for a great - and extremely fun - working environment. So many creative, driven, and inspiring people. You get the chance to work with a lot of neat clients who are using our product to support really impressive and life-changing scholarships and grants. There is a lot of room for growth. WizeHive is still definitely figuring itself out - its direction shifted several times in my time there, and I think there is a need for several positions that haven't been identified or exist yet. This could be a con for some - if you need structure and clear direction all the time, this is NOT for you. But if you're excited by opportunity and the chance to make a true and real impact and get involved in an area or project that interests you, then this is definitely for you! Trust me - right now is a really exciting time to work for WizeHive. Finally, the company has really committed to addressing some of its former cons and downfalls. One may see some more negative reviews from the past. As someone who worked with the people who produced both those negative reviews (and at some point, agreed with them) and the positive ones, I can tell you firsthand that there has been a dramatic change in the environment over the course of just a year or two. Through both word and action, management has committed to making some changes in how we structure teams, how individuals are valued and recognized, how different teams interact with one another, etc.

Cons

Depending on your department, you can expect to work overtime, and a lot of it - and unpaid. Certain positions in particular are notorious for late nights, work on weekends, etc. There can be a lot of stress here sometimes. The company is still finding itself and its direction. Expect some angst and confusion to accompany the soul searching mission. There are pros that accompany this, stated above. On the other hand, though, the uncertainty can be a bit stressful.

WizeHive2015-09-11

"Emerging SaaS company doing all the right things"

I have been working at WizeHive full-time

Pros

WizeHive has well-balanced priorities, focusing equally on all of the right things - predictable revenue growth, professional growth of employees, new product and market opportunities, etc. You need to be prepared to work hard here. But you'll be rewarded by experiencing the inner-workings of a rapidly growing tech startup, while also enjoying the stability associated with a more traditional small business.

Cons

You're unlikely to find the glamorous money- and time- burning cultural perks offered by other tech startups. Then again, the startups that offer them often don't have their priorities straight and seldom make it out of the startup phase. WizeHive's well-balanced values are in line with my own, but depending on your outlook this may be a con.

WizeHive2015-08-14

"Limitless Opportunities"

5.0

I have been working at WizeHive

Pros

The ability to work in a startup type atmosphere with a great team and incredible family of customers is definitely a plus. WizeHive provides employees with ample opportunities for education and growth, and each member of our team plays a huge part in the day-to-day success of the company. It's a joy to start work every day knowing that you play a key role. Led by an experienced management team, it's comforting to know the sky is the limit.

Cons

No cons thus far in my experience at WizeHive

WizeHive2015-05-12

"Great people, but significant structural problems"

1.0
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conshohocken, PA

I worked at WizeHive full-time for more than a year

Pros

WizeHive has managed to attract a bunch of talented, energetic people that have gone on to make contributions to several other Philly-area tech companies. The company is small enough that an individual contributor can really see their efforts make an impact.

Cons

Not many of those people have stayed at WizeHive. The company seems to struggle finding the appropriate balance between startup agility and actual organizational accountability and employee morale suffers as a result. There did not seem to be a clear vision for the target market for the product. Turnover is high and hiring/departures were not handled very gracefully.

WizeHive2015-02-21