Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group Reviews | Glassdoor

Wolfgang Puck

1. "Pizza Chef"

Former Employee - Entrepreneur in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Entrepreneur in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Experience!!! I worked with world renowned Chefs. Chef Puck, himself, was very hands on when he came to visit the restaurant from time to time. He was very down to earth and pleasant toward all of his staff. He makes you aspire to be greater, knowing that someone as real and down to earth, as he is, can be world renowned and filthy rich at the same time. There is a level of Professional Excellence that is expected to be maintained, and as long as you meet that requirement and do what you were hired to do, you will have a most wonderful experience.

Cons

With that commitment to Excellence come long hours and hard work. Nothing worth having is easily obtained, or everyone would have one and it would be worth nothing. So with some effort and aspiration you can achieve greatness. Just don't expect it to be easy.

Advice to Management

There is a lot of sacrifice and hard work, that we employees, give the company. When it's time to compensate and take care of us, please remember that.

2. "A joke"

Current Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Family meal and nothing else I can think of

Cons

Absolute joke of a restaurant group. Intense product training for products we don't even offer. Management is arrogant, rude, unsupportive, and swear often. Tip out is 9.3% of sales so if a table stiffs you, then you're forced to pay out of pocket to work there.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk, don't just talk the talk.

3. "Great if you like the restaurant grind"

Former Employee - Line Cook - Sushi Bar Supervisor in Sandersville, MS
    Former Employee - Line Cook - Sushi Bar Supervisor in Sandersville, MS

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group (More than a year)

Pros

Great view of downtown Dallas every night if you work as a server or a sushi cook
    Opportunities to meet folks from all over the world and even a few local celebrities

Cons

Most times you'll be working past time the trains stop running, so public transit isn't a good idea

5. "line cook"

Current Employee - Line Cook in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Line Cook in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group (More than a year)

Pros

good benefits from the hotel

Cons

only half an hour break for the whole 8 hours working. no 10 minutes breaks as require by law.

6. "Huge waste of time"

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group full-time

Pros

Great beverage training program
    Coworkers were positive and fun to work with

Cons

Management is terrible and doesn't work together
    Upper management is arrogant and useless

Advice to Management

Between management talking behind each other's back and showing up or getting drunk on the clock it was hard to want to come in everyday.

7. "Very professional."

Former Employee - Server in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, high standards, room for promotion. Very thorough training and a great job to have on a resume.

Cons

Poor hiring of management, leading to high turnover in management. This sometimes lead to low staff moral.

Advice to Management

Hire better mangers and ultimately don't run them into the ground so they stick around.

8. "Great concepts and food, operated by arrogant, condescending management."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products and service. Quality of food is never sacrificed. It is very easy to stand behind such great offerings. Guests are generally very satisfied.

Cons

Arrogant, condescending management style. Employees are bullied, not encouraged. Zero positive reinforcement on anything. "You are privileged to work here" attitude by middle and upper management. Also, there are constant supply shortages - silverware, glassware, plates, etc.

Advice to Management

Treat people better. We don't need to be coddled, but we also don't need to be treated like a burden to you. You could not make millions of dollars without our help, so it would be appropriate to act like it.

9. "Upper management made my work experience miserable"

Former Employee - Hostess in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Hostess in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I made really good tips working for a fine dining restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed the food and people I worked with.

Cons

Management belittles workers and acts superior to everyone. They don't work with your schedule and are ridiculous about vacation days.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect.

10. "Great Training Program"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

Customer Focused company. Excellent product offering. Detailed employee training programs. Extensive front of house polices and procedures. Management is supportive of employees.

Cons

The alignment of staff expectations and management support are some times mixed. Yes, they work together to ensure customers are satisfied, but at the expense of employee moral, creating a disharmonic work environment.

11. "Great company"

I worked at Wolfgang Puck Fine Dining Group full-time

Pros

Spent about 5 years with the company and no regrets. Solid managers, incredible kitchen staff and management. If and when the opportunity may arise I wouldn't mind joining the company again.

Cons

Better work/life balance for managers. Working long hours and holidays are expected for those in the hospitality industry, but upper management definitely puts entry managers through the grind. For those that can stick it out, are rewarded.

Advice to Management

Other than above, very few things that would better my past experience and those entering the company now. Hard work and dedication are rewarded, what more could a prospective employee want?