Woman's Hospital Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Teri G. Fontenot

1. "Nutrition"

I have been working at Woman's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management, happy employees, great bonuses, and great rapport with upper administration.

Cons

With any healthcare job the hours can be long and involves holiday, evening, and weekends.

Advice to Management

Their are opportunities to advance in any field at womans. I highly recommend staying on top of your game to have the opportunity to advance.

2. "Medical Assistant"

Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Medical Assistant in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Woman's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company, very professional and organized.

Cons

No comment on this one.

3. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Laboratory in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Laboratory in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Woman's Hospital (More than 8 years)

Pros

The employees in the laboratory were good coworkers and the hospital offers solid benefits. Location of the hospital was good for me. This hospital has a solid reputation.

Cons

Lack of ability to improve position. Parking is somewhat difficult particularly if it is a rainy day. Takes a few weeks to navigate the floor plan of the hospital.

Advice to Management

Be aware of micromanagement in departments

5. "Lab phlebotomist"

I worked at Woman's Hospital full-time

Pros

They have a decent amount of pay.

Cons

No matter the circumstances of why you have to leave your job your going to be considered a no re hire if unable to give a 2 weeks

6. "The Woman's Way"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Woman's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees are great, good bonus

Cons

No place for upward movement

Advice to Management

Invest on your employees

7. "Front Office"

I worked at Woman's Hospital full-time

Pros

Excellent Job
    Great Dr.'s to work for
    Always work around any days you need off
    Good pay

Cons

Can not really complain about anything

8. "Unit Coordinator"

Pros

Great people, flexible, bonuses.

Cons

12hr shifts, not easy to transfer to other dept.

"NICU RN"

Former Employee - NICU RN in Denham Springs, LA
    Former Employee - NICU RN in Denham Springs, LA

Pros

When I first started working for this hospital I couldn't believe how much the employees, and even those of different interdisciplinary specialties not only got along and worked together unbelievably well- but in many ways, how MUCH co-workers supported one another, even to the degree of making relationships feel closer to what would be similar to extended family members, almost. That was so wonderful and I wouldn't have traded the atmosphere that was there and that'd resulted in part due to the enormous degree of care and respect by very far as was displayed on behalf of the vast majority of professionals towards one another on a regular everyday basis.

Cons

Unfortunately, beginning most noticeably between ~late 2009 and early 2010, a change in management was somehow said to have been overall responsible for the fairly sudden onset of intense dissatisfaction amongst the nicu nurses, especially. As schedules were changed suddenly and against staff's wishes and much less appreciation definitely seemed to be expressed while simultaneously our work loads increased and "off-duty extras" which nurses had always gladly volunteered to take turns performing as requested in the years prior and although that approach had never once resulted in any shortage of onhand staff readily available just as ever requested to accommodate such "extras"- for whatever reason, suddenly these types of "off duty" events became absolutely mandatory for all nurses. Never mind the fact that attending staff still would NOT be compensated for these various additional duties. HOWEVER, if one chose NOT to make serving in this extra "volunteer" capacity a priority of theirs (at a frequency per year that I have now forgotten), then when annual evaluations were done, it was impossible for them to earn the maximum amount of points within certain areas of the performance review- thus having a negative impact upon that particular staff member's ability to have earned the maximum annual incentive amount possible as far as both annual bonuses and merit salary raises were concerned.
     Just prior to my resignation, I was so saddened and discouraged by the degree to which the environment in the nicu amongst staff members that I'd known and loved so much BEFORE-- had taken a most drastic turn for the WORST! There was more back biting, gossiping, and bullying/ isolation techniques going on than EVER should've been within ANY workplace, but much less within a workplace amongst a supposedly professional gathering of woman (and men.) I decided to put forth my very best efforts in discussing some of my most serious concerns with the management, as it was at that time- and I explained clearly what was going on, providing exact and specific examples of at least a few incidents that I had thought MOST CERTAINLY would ALSO have been of most IMMEDIATE serious concern of THEIRS, as it certainly had been of MINE! I provided accurate and easily verifiable accounts surrounding some of the horrible and unprofessional ongoings that had by that point BEEN going on inside the unit for some time, including some of the issues in particular which I'd feared could easily exacerbate even further... I explained how much I absolutely cherished my profession and expressed the great love and appreciation I had felt in the years prior to the onset of this MAJOR level of upset that had surfaced amongst and that had come between the employees who were working in the unit currently. I am still, even years later sincerely sad to say that my effort to evoke a positive change and see our nicu team reunited once more and again able to work together as had been before- ALL in the shared common interest of whatever was best for our tiny patients and their families, outright and by ALL MEANS certainly seemed to have fallen on very DEAF ears... As a result, very soon thereafter and once a particularly "eventful" night shift had passed and throughout which I had finally come to the point of having realized that I had seen and heard one too many incidents involving such childish and unprofessional conduct amongst groups ("cliques") of several different nurses that were reflective of absolutely NOTHING that I myself would've ever wanted to have been ANY PART of, whatsoever! When patient care hadn't been delivered to the level of excellence- and nor with the vigilance as is NO LESS than absolutely REQUIRED when working with a patient population anywhere as inherently fragile as are our little ones within such a specialty care unit as a nicu should always be considered- OBVIOUSLY, SOMETHING is VERY WRONG. With a heavy heart, I proceeded to submit my resignation notice ENSURING that I reiterated my reasons for having decided I had little choice BUT to leave the same exact position, specialty, hospital, and even exact unit as I had ALWAYS aspired to someday work within-- the same place that over the years before I had been so happy, and so very PROUD to have taken the part within it that I did. IF THE CLIQUE-ISH-NESS and cattiness of the nurses has since that time somehow managed to have actually RESOLVED, and if management issues that were extremely unfair and seemed to only hold certain staff members accountable for indiscretions but not others amongst many other aspects pursuant to poor leadership is now a thing of the PAST- and ONLY IF these issues are FULLY RESOLVED leaving behind NO related PROBLEMS lingering throughout the nicu (OR ANY OTHER unit!)- then perhaps it COULD POSSIBLY even be back to as great as I thought it to have been in the past. Had that been the case for me, I honestly have very little doubt as a matter of fact, that I very VERY MOST LIKELY- would have served out ALL of my years as a nurse RIGHT THERE and happily I would have done so, up until the day I would eventually have reached retirement!!

10. "E.V.S Tech"

Current Employee - Evs in Baton Rouge, LA
    Current Employee - Evs in Baton Rouge, LA

I have been working at Woman's Hospital full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work! No stress and friendly people to work with. The staff and supervisors are always there for you and always ready to listen to your concerns! I love my job there.

Cons

Very busy work schedule and probably won't be in the same area the next day.

11. "Great company"

Former Employee - Specimen Management Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA
    Former Employee - Specimen Management Specialist in Baton Rouge, LA

I worked at Woman's Hospital full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You can't beat the insurance! Also, working with the women and babies was very rewarding.

Cons

A LOT of cattiness and backstabbing, depending on the department.

Advice to Management

Implement more stringent "Zero Drama Tolerance" policies...