Women’s Marketing, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Intern in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Intern in Westport, CT

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Supportive, energetic colleagues. People really care about each other and the work they're doing.

Cons

Office space isn't well laid-out and that often inhibits collaboration.

"Assistant Media Planner"

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. full-time

Pros

Its a women oriented environment with good benefits. The management is OK but basically you are on your own. The clients of Women's Marketing are fun to work with if you get a change to travel to NY to their other company, FlyingPoint. There are some social activities for the staff.

Cons

There is no training for new people and some of the managers are not good. Some of the "positive" reviews here seem to submitted by management of the company, (its the employees fault, not ours) is a theme. Most of the people that are hired come with good resumes and internships from very good schools, so there is a obvious disconnect since a lot of people end up leaving.

Advice to Management

More support from management especially when it comes to analytics. Promote from within.

3. "An evolving agency with an exciting future"

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Women's Marketing is an agency that fosters and supports employees who are positive, innovative and embrace challenge. With the ad agency landscape changing at a rapid rate - WMI has quickly adopted and looks to individuals who are quick to think and provide solutions. With many bright folks speckled throughout the company I have found that I am constantly learning and changing my own business practices. With a a client roster of exciting start-up's and indie brands the work is dynamic and it feels good to partner with clients who are so appreciative of your work and value your contributions. I love working at Women's Marketing.

Cons

As with any company that changes, some employees have struggled to maintain a positive attitude during times of transition. Those who are unhappy often try to bring others down with them - and in a small company it can be wearing to combat toxic behaviors. Otherwise - I have nothing negative to say.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open, and continue to squash negative behaviors. There are many who love the company and their contributions internally and to clients.

"A different agency"

Pros

Fun clients, lots of variety

Cons

A lot of internal competition, constantly shifting roles and responsibilities

Advice to Management

Need a clearer expectation, more inclusive

"Company is very confused, management & structure is lacking"

Current Employee - Account Management in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Account Management in Westport, CT

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. full-time

Pros

There is decent medical benefits.

Cons

No structure, no perks, no stability, people keep leaving like flies. Very gossipy environment, the morale is lacking. No training for new hires, company is very confused and needs to stop calling themselves an agency. This is NOT an agency setting/environment.

Advice to Management

Invest in your talent then they will invest in you as well.

"Overworked, Underpaid!!!!!"

Pros

Everyone is forced to be immersed in the complex world of media which creates a beautiful learning curve. A lot of amazing people work(ed) at WMI, until they are laid off or forced out... We don't need a treadmill desk or expanded office space. We need you to reward and retain your employees.

Cons

Positions feel static. WMI recently underwent a company restructure in order to streamline roles and responsibilities however most people within the same department and in more senior roles do the same tasks as a junior employee. I don’t see a way to earn further responsibilities or get ahead even after offering ideas on the subject.

Your skills are not being tapped. No one taps into your skills set or go beyond what you’ve been contributing for quite some time. Qualified HARD WORKING employees are passed over for promotion – and requests to take on more challenging projects have been IGNORED.

They’re not interested in your career goals. Supervisors will ask about your career path and pretend to care, but there is no action taken in helping with your personal career growth path.

Bottom Line: No real opportunities for personal/career growth. Overworked, underpaid, under appreciated.

Advice to Management

Reward your hard working employees - we don't consider a tread mill desk an accomplishment.

"Unfocused Company"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Westport, CT
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Westport, CT

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. full-time

Pros

Decent benefits, good potential that is not realized, and that's really it. Not much to say in the way of pros.

Cons

Management is not responsive or effective, no encouragement, no team mentality, every wo(man) for themself, communication within the company is seriously lacking, when there is communication it is short, without direction, and condescending, the company is trying to be too many things too quickly and it does not have the client base to back up that type of expansion, many tiny clients that are very transactional, which leaves very little opportunity to be deeply involved in your work.

Advice to Management

Take time with your employees and encourage them with genuine advice and training. Create a friendlier and less aggressive work environment.

8. "Always exciting and still learning ..."

Pros

On Thanksgiving, I'm thankful for Women's Marketing. The energy, spirit, and culture allow individuals to thrive and experience constant excitement. Each day brings a new adventure and I find that inspiring and challenging.

Cons

So many great ideas, I wish there was more time to implement.

"Telling it like it is!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Dual offices: One in CT and one in NY. Because of its size, NY office is tight-knit and work environment is very peaceful. WMI allows any employees eager to learn and grow the opportunity to expand or morph their roles based on their strengths, and what they enjoy doing in the company. Industry perks are top notch, especially if you are a member of the planning or client solutions teams.

Bottom line: This is a young, fast-paced, estrogen riddled environment, which sometimes feels like a fun sorority.

Cons

Due to a recent restructure within the organization, many employees were unhappy with their shift in role. As a result, several looked for opportunities elsewhere. The company is growing quickly, and departments are feeling the strain of having a lot on their plates with what feels like very little help and guidance from their managers and/or teammates. Also, salaries are not competitive. Very top heavy. Most recent new hires have been upper management, who are mostly paid to paint the big picture, but don't have much to do with the nuances of the day to day (likely not too different from other organizations, though).

Advice to Management

Bottom line(s): Throw your hard working employees a bone (I'm talking about their salaries). Pantry snacks and bonding activities are great, but we come to work for the paycheck, really. Listen to your employees (across all departments, not just one) who are not management, because they have the best handle on what's going on in the workplace. If these two things would change, WMI would truly be a great place to work for a young woman.

10. "Women's Marketing provides a positive work atmosphere"

I have been working at Women’s Marketing, Inc. part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

WMI is a great place to work because it provides it's employees with a supportive and positive work environment. The individuals who work here genuinely love what they do and are always more than willing to help each other grow and find success. Even in the short amount of time I have been here, I have learned so much from those I work alongside of. The management staff is incredible and remains very engaged with all the employees. They support the personal growth and success of all employees within the company and as a result, individuals remain enthused about their work.

Cons

It is hard to say anything bad about this company seeing as I have had such a positive experience here. When I first arrived at WMI, it was slightly overwhelming because business was growing so quickly that the teams did not have the bandwidth to keep up with the demand of clients. After realizing the issue at hand, management quickly implemented a restructure which created a more organized and efficient work process, allowing for great success. This further proves the attentiveness and support of our management team and the willingness and flexibility of all WMI employees.