Womply Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.8
Cory Capoccia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Love working with the rest of the sales team (especially my team)" (in 13 reviews)

• "Good people, free snacks, and AMAZING product" (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is full of unqualified individuals leading the sales team" (in 15 reviews)

• "As a start-up, Womply has gone through some growing pains" (in 7 reviews)

"Take all opportunities and run with them!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Womply truly makes an effort to provide opportunity to anyone who is willing to take it. They hire people from all walks of life and don't adhere to the typical "culture fit" criteria that one hears among many loud Silicon Valley voices. After an 8 year career in finance, no tech firm would hire me because of my lack of experience selling SaaS, however Womply sure did. I took advantage of this opportunity and became the most successful SDR there. They noticed my efforts and offered me the opportunity to hire and train their first class of SDRs at their new location. I was then promoted to an Account Executive role where I ranked 1st or 2nd in the company most of the time.

As an account executive, middle management noticed that I sold a particular feature of the flagship product very well. They then gave me the opportunity to hold a series of seminars teaching the other sales representatives how to sell this particular feature.

Look at me now; I’m the CEO of a successful startup. I sincerely thank Toby and Cory for instilling a culture at Womply that embraces diversity. Had it not been for them, I may not be where I am today.

Much love!

Cons

The sales model may have changed since I was employed by the company, but from my experience the primary con is that the sales roles at Womply are not a good fit for everyone. Despite this, they still try to hire people with every type of personality; even if their personality isn't one that screams success and competitiveness.

Advice to Management

If possible, perhaps weed out candidates who you believe do not have the attributes and characteristics of your most successful sales people.

"Sales"

Pros

The company is great with great benefits.

Cons

The sales department is poorly ran.

"Average Overall"

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people working here are awesome.

Cons

It is very unorganized. Hiring just about anybody, and then given no training to actually be successful here.

Sep 19, 2018 – Director of People Ops

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We have worked hard on building and improving our sales training process, but we do value and encourage candid feedback from all our employees... More

4. "Appointment setter"

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

Great base pay
    Nice workers
    Room for growth
    Nice building
    Free snacks
    Great software
    Fun incentives

Cons

Can't think if anything. I like everything.

"Hard to keep up and find information"

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You have freedom to pitch the way that fits you and you get snacks a soda and decent spiffs.

Cons

Promised that there were tons of advancement opportunities like a lot of team lead positions open then told they aren't doing them anymore. As well as the pay out structure of the commission is confusing.

Advice to Management

More communication on advancement opportunities if they are happening or not. Make information easier to obtain instead of chasing down a manager. As well as make it easier to know how to move latterly in departments.

Sep 10, 2018 – Director of People Ops

We want to ensure that every employee knows where they stand and how to progress at Womply. If you haven’t gotten sufficient feedback and direction regarding your growth path at Womply, please reach... More

"Don't waste your time. This place is a revolving door!"

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Medical / Dental Benefits .

Cons

There's so many cons. Don't waste your time. The turn over here is incredible. You are cold calling leads and they tell you the leads are warm. They have unreasonable expectations from the leads they provide. Womply isn't honest about salary. They'll tell you you can make up to $20 an hour, but that's few and far between. Changes occur daily and management doesn't care about you, you are a number. If you want to work for a honest and growing company, then do not work here. The ratings are 4.0 because they have you do the glassdoor review the first and second day in training and then about 2 weeks into it you'll realize the mistake you made.

Advice to Management

Be honest. Don't promise your employees diamonds and then deliver rubber.

Sep 10, 2018 – Director of People Ops

We appreciate your candid feedback. While we do not require employees leave reviews as a condition of their employment, as your comment suggested, we do encourage our employees to share their... More

"Positive reviews are done by Womply themselves. Run from this company!"

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free snacks when available

Health benefits starts within 30 days

Cons

Unethical

Dishonest

Low pay

Cold-calling

High turnover

Changes daily without warning

You are a number- revolving door

Hardly anyone stays longer than a year

Management is a joke. No experience in leading

I wouldn’t recommend Womply to my enemy, let alone friend. They try to bride you for referrals by paying you $15 to $20 per referrral because no one who has worked there previously would refer anyone. Sooner or later their bad reputation and horrible management will catch up to them!

Advice to Management

Be honest. Set real expectations and goals based off of reality. Over promising and under delivering is the worse thing you can do for and to your employees.

Sep 10, 2018 – Director of People Ops

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We must correct your assertion that “positive reviews are done by Womply themselves.” The company does not post proxy reviews for employees on... More

"Does not get any worse than Womply"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Womply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The ping pong table that everyone uses to escape the job they all hate

Cons

The hardest part about leaving a review on Womply is knowing which of all the terrible things should you put on here. But let's give it a hack.

There was a previous review on here where someone claimed that Womply tells the new hires to leave a positive glassdoor review upon onboarding. This is ABSOLUTELY true. They responded to that negative review to cover their dishonest practice but I have been with this company for a long time and this happens every hire class. (Which is every two weeks and they still can't keep up with their employee churn.)

So many lies with Womply. For starters let's look at their Glassdoor page. It says Cory Capoccia is their CEO. Lie. It is Toby Scammell (who went to prison for insider trading). The problem was his CEO approval rating was awful because people were exposing him for the CEO he truly is. He once added a "Core Value" of "Embrace Diversity" only to become the biggest offender of the value. He can constantly be heard making fun of the LDS church. He does not care about his employees, as evidence shows with his senior management churn. 8 different senior managers across a variety of functions left after only lasting about 6 months or less.

There has only been one to last longer than 6 months, only because his is the only ego around to rival that of Toby's. He actually has a sign on his door essentially stating, in the most obnoxious way, that his time is more valuable than yours, so don't bother him. He sits in his office all day refusing to interact with anyone and working on either one of two things: his weekly commission plan change or a new sappy LinkedIn post. His LinkedIn profile is his favorite thing about himself. If for some reason he has to come out of his office, he puts in his airpods and hastily walks through the office pretending to be on some important phone call so nobody will say hi to him. Heaven forbid he actually has to talk to one of his employees. He epitomizes the term "good ole boys". The only job security you have with this guy is if you can play a decent round of golf with him, or make obscene jokes about other employees behind their backs.

This company is full of unqualified individuals leading the sales team. One of them who has never had another sales job outside of Womply but thinks he knows everything there is to know about sales and dictates as such. There is no conversation with this guy, outside of yes sir. You cannot collaborate on ideas and if you try, it is seen as insubordination and you could very well be on the outs.

They lie to prospective employees saying they can make up to 200k a year. That could not be any further from the truth. The best salesperson there is on pace for about 85k and he is an anomaly. Most that make it past 3 month (which are very few) only make about 40k.

They don't technically lie to prospective clients but they do deceive them as much as they can. With careful wording they make it seem like they are their credit card processor reaching out in customer service manner, only to turn it into a sales call. This obviously infuriates these business owners. If they do happen to get someone to buy the product, they don't actually buy into the software but into a free trial that Womply hopes they forget about. Nobody actually uses the malfunctional software, they just forget to cancel the trial and get billed for it every month through their processor.

The other deceitful thing they do is what they call "auto-enroll" but then changed to the enrollment team. This was supposed to help with the shady practices's image. They charge customers through the credit card processor for the product without ever getting their permission.

Womply is largely dependent on the partnerships they have with the credit card processors. That relationship is deteriorating rapidly. Womply is inducing churn and upsetting the processor's client base and as a result they have stopped sending them leads. Because of this they went from doing around 150 sales a day to doing about 30.

Do not work for this company. They will lie, deceive and do anything they can to try and get you to come onboard, only to push you out the door three months later. Turn and run from the worst company in the valley.

Advice to Management

They wouldn't take any advice. Advice would be for the board to clear out Toby and Cory and a few more of those senior positions.

Sep 10, 2018 – Director of People Ops

We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees and take their feedback seriously. That said, we need to correct some misrepresentations in your review:

We absolutely do not require new... More

9. "Experience at Womply"

Current Employee - National Inside Sales Development Advisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - National Inside Sales Development Advisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Womply is a fast growing company with so much room for growth. The atmosphere is super fun, and everybody is ready and willing to do what it takes to take this company to the next level.

Cons

At times it has felt somewhat unorganized, but I feel that is due to the major growth and "start-up" feel.

Jul 30, 2018 – Director of TA

Thanks for the kind words! We’re excited to be building something great and appreciate your hard work and contributions.

"THIS COMPANY'S 4-STAR RATING IS A FRAUD"

I worked at Womply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Free snacks, coffee, and drinks.

Cons

Look closely at all the 5-star reviews for this company. Nearly all of them were written by hoards of hourly-employees who were instructed to post a Glassdoor review of the company on their first day of employment, when they were just excited that they got the job and before they could adequately assess the company. This is a conscious effort by senior management to obtain a much higher Glassdoor rating than they would otherwise have (A TERRIBLY DISHONEST PRACTICE). This is a 2.5-star company. 3 stars at best.

Advice to Management

See above. People see through this (especially internally). Cut it out!

Aug 6, 2018 – Director of People Ops

We appreciate the contributions of all of our employees and take their feedback seriously, but we are very serious about misrepresentations or misstatements of our company practices. We have never... More