Womply Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Cory Capoccia

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love working with the rest of the sales team (especially my team) (in 13 reviews)

• If you like a fast paced environment and want to have real impact, they are worth a look (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Changed compensation rates without notifying sales team (in 14 reviews)

• typical start-up company hurtles (in 3 reviews)

1. "Account Executive"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

Training and culture is fantastic.

Cons

There are none I can think of.

"The politics involved within the unstructured path that leads to promotions and/or raises is misleading."

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

My co-workers are great people. The energy and atmosphere on the sales floor is great. The benefits are good.

Cons

There is a definite lack in upper managements ability to tell you something and have it be accurate in regards to almost anything.

Advice to Management

Clean it up.

"Decent people to work with; poor management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Womply full-time

Pros

Some great people to work with in Engineering. It keeps paying the bills.

Cons

There were several things wrong with that place. Majority of the positive reviews posted here seems from other office (Sales) which may be forced as part of hiring process. The negative reviews are spot on.

- The direction and vision is lacking completely and projects can be decided based on a whim; whatever the owner decides for the next few months, based on some information that he gathered
    - Team leaders are not trusted on their assigned responsibilities and not thought of as doing a good job and always seem to be in meetings with owner clarifying why something was done a certain way
    - Upper management is too involved in lower level processes basically micro-management is being done. They have several tools for tracking work and employees are required to show their individual/team progress which are useless other than providing a way to management to question
    - The office is never in full attendance indicating someone is Working-From-Home every now and then but this is kept hush hush within teams because the management is scared it will start a trend. They strictly oppose and forbid it yet a chosen few always seems to be getting away with it. They started asking employees to put work-from-home hours in their PTO tracking system.....which is not time off to begin with, all to further micro manage some folks.
    - Owner lacks honest care for employees
    - Expectation of working long hours is there, if there is not enough work to justify, seat warming is expected. Favoritism plays a role here too.
    - Not very collaborative or healthy environment rather a breeding ground for bully culture and employees who show this tendency are well regarded.
    - Employee retention is non existent employees leave very soon, very few long term employees

Advice to Management

Start to care for you employees they are assets and not just a means to an end.

4. "I miss this place..."

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Lehi, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in Lehi, UT

I worked at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved my time at Womply. It has a really fun atmosphere, great people, endless drinks and snacks, and you can expect to be fed lunch at least once/week. The insurance benefits are actually quite good and the new PTO plan is second to none.

Cons

Management, for the most part, is great. But there are a TON of chiefs, which results in communication errors and inconsistency across the sales floor, which can be frustrating and sometimes deflating. Other than that, though, there's not a lot to gripe about now that some glaring issues have been resolved.

Advice to Management

Communicate more effectively. There are a lot of you and I think if you were able to designate a single person to deliver information it would be very beneficial to the floor.

"TOXIC, TOXIC, TOXIC"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Womply full-time (More than a year)

Pros

there are free drinks in the office

Cons

2 co-founders with serious founders syndrome, they do not listen to their employees at all and only like the sound of their own voices, they are micromanagers and by the end of the year I suspect they will be working alone, the current rating for them based on our most recent internal survey is less than 50% approval rating but no one cares at all. Instead they are trying to blame us managers for lack of management of our people. If you look at the trail of people who have left here in the last month alone it was the whole leadership team except for them. Its a train wreck to work in and its toxic. They want employees to punch timecards to say when they are out of the office. Also they won't let you take any time away from now through New Years at all.
    They drug test employees also. Everything is hidden, stay away.

Advice to Management

Hand over the keys to some adults who can show you how to run a business without abusing your employees. Give the money you took back to the investors.

"Great Culture in Utah"

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

The company just brought in a new VP of HR who is maintaining a good company culture and improved the benefits package to be competitive with other startup tech companies.

Both San Fran and Utah just moved into new offices which are comfortable and still getting better. Sales and Marketing are based in Utah and the new VP of sales is a straight shooter who wants to help merchants and wants to keep sales reps around for a long time.

The company has a fun startup culture but is stable and mature

Cons

The Lehi office is off a busy interchange with I-15 which extends the commute. Womply has no control over this but it's the only con I can think of.

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales Recruiter in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing sales Team, culture, fun environment with incredible benefits

Cons

There are no cons at this time

Advice to Management

Very knowledgable, approachable and willing to help you succeed

8. "Sales Development Rep"

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

The company and people have been awesome to work with!!

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say!

9. "A good start"

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

Interviews were thorough, but they interview team helped me feel comfortable and welcome. Onboarding process has been straightforward and organized. Cool office, great people, and lots of tasty beverages.

Cons

The AC seems pretty loud

"The next big thing."

Current Employee - Division Head in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Division Head in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Womply is quickly becoming the standard for SMB front office tools. They have tremendous momentum and energy that results from success.

Cons

Too new to see any real cons. As time progresses I will update this review if I see any that are relevant.