Womply Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Love working with the rest of the sales team (especially my team) (in 12 reviews)

• I've learned a lot working here and like the other people I work with (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Changed compensation rates without notifying sales team (in 13 reviews)

• typical start-up company hurtles (in 3 reviews)

1. "The next big thing."

Current Employee - Division Head in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Division Head in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Womply is quickly becoming the standard for SMB front office tools. They have tremendous momentum and energy that results from success.

Cons

Too new to see any real cons. As time progresses I will update this review if I see any that are relevant.

2. "Onboarding specialist"

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment , fast paced

Cons

Still a young company

Advice to Management

Be transparent

"Tons of Positive Changes"

Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Sales in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been at Womply for months and honestly did not love it for the first few. The management didn't seem to have any vision and sales and moral suffered because of that.

We recently got new sales leaders and everything is changing for the better. They finally started to get rid of people who weren't performing or who were creating a bad work environment. They are asking more of us but also giving more in return. They just announced a new pto policy that gives us up to 3 weeks off and even pays us our commissions when we are off.

Cons

We don't have good cubicles and the internet can be slow somethings.

Advice to Management

Keep making positive changes in sales.

4. "Hoping for the best, but used to the worst."

I worked at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Ask anyone who’s left the company, and they will tell you that their peers are the sole reason they’ve stayed as long as they did. That and maybe the free snacks, lunch on Fridays, happy hours, and sheer laziness/comfort. During my time at Womply, I met many smart, talented, driven, honest, and caring individuals that I still keep in touch with today. If you need to add another notch on your resume, Womply is the place for you. Do as you’re told, never question the authority (esp if it involves being ethical), and just be a “yes wo/man” and Womply can be a good stepping stone to gain some experience for the next job.

Cons

During my first 2-3 months at the company, at least 6 people quit. They didn’t get fired, they QUIT. That’s more than the amount of people that quit in a year at my job prior. I don’t care what anyone says, that’s a red flag. It’s sad, but people easily see through the smoke and mirrors soon after they’re hired and quit in less than a year.

When people continue to drop like flies for the same reasons you would think that management would take a look at themselves to see if there is anything they can do differently, but apparently they’re never at fault. That’s what happens when you are considered Employee #X instead of an actual person. You will be taken advantage of, you will be talked down to, and you will always be replaceable. Just ask any member of the SF sales team. And if you’re lucky, they will look for your replacement while you are still employed without giving you so much as a warning to improve.

I hear they have a VP of People now (something that was long overdue), so I can only hope he/she is making positive changes for the sake of future employees and the longevity of the company.

Advice to Management

Why bother? They won’t listen to you anyway.

"Great so far"

I have been working at Womply full-time

Pros

Really nice on boarding process. Was able to request equipment, configure direct deposit, and a number of other things prior to day 1. Patrick from HR was great to work with.

Cons

Haven't encountered any yet except the bathroom not having any paper towels :)

"Great On-Boarding Experience"

Current Employee - SDR in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - SDR in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

After receiving my verbal offer of employment, Womply & their HR provider have an easy online experience to complete all hiring paperwork and background check. Excited for day 1 and beyond

Cons

No cons at this point

"Exciting fast paced startup"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Strong executive and senior leadership
    - Co-founder Toby is approachable and down to earth
    - strong product that is priced well below what its worth
    - employee centric environment
    - results oriented
    - Womply rewards people who work hard and show results. No feeling of "office politics"
    - Significant amount of room for growth if you are willing to work hard and take initiative
    - Great cross functional communication between different departments
    - Training was great, they invest in your individual success
    - excellent competitive pay

Cons

- It is a startup so does have its growing pains. If you are not a take action type of person or someone who likes to complain without recommending a solution, this will not be the place for you
    - individual desk setup does not reflect the environment of a tech company
    - benefits were more costly for a family in comparison to other local companies, but this is due to being a startup

Advice to Management

Love the executive and senior leadership, love the product, love the vision and operating principles of Womply. Brand office and establish work stations that reflect a technology leader.

"Womply Lehi location"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great recruiting experience! Three rounds of interviews; one phone and then two in person interviews. All communication has been professional and friendly. The company culture is exceptional and they have a great business plan. All management that I have worked with so far has been fabulous. They really have put forth much effort in hiring the right people for the right positions.

Cons

typical start-up company hurtles. They are working through the growing pains effectively and isn't a concern, but something to consider for those that have difficulty with change.

"Account specialist"

Current Employee - Account Specialist in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Account Specialist in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The work environment, and the people, also the 10 quality standards they have i agree with and like that they have those standards because it makes a better work place.

Cons

Everything is starting to change and they are losing the value and i feel like i have no job security.

Advice to Management

There trying to change and grow to fast and they are losing there core values that they say are there main focus for womply and i've lost motivation working for womply because they have fell away from there core values.

"Decent culture/benefits, baffling management team"

I have been working at Womply full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's important to note that the experience an hourly employee will have at Womply is very different from the experience a salaried employee will have. Here are my observations:

Hourly:
    - Free snacks
    - Awesome break room with ping-pong, foosball, etc.
    - Comfortable work environment (casual dress, music on the sales floor, etc.)
    - Personable and friendly sales managers

Salaried:
    - Generous vacation policy (extra time off around the holidays, etc.)
    - Bright co-workers and interesting work.
    - Good camaraderie among co-workers.
    - Reasonable work/life balance (most of the time).
    - Excitement of working for a Bay Area tech start-up.
    - Lots of opportunities to contribute and get noticed.

Cons

Hourly:
    - Lots of clawbacks; customers are given a 30-day free trial and often cancel.
    - Poor job security. Womply periodically terminates under-performing reps.
    - Sub-par equipment (cheap laptops, headphones, etc.)

Salaried:
    - Ethical conflicts. Womply relies heavily on customers who don't even know they're paying for the product.
    - Condescending and confusing direction from senior management.
    - Mediocre benefits (no 401k match, etc.).

Advice to Management

Strongly consider the following excerpts from Glassdoor reviews:

"The CEO is push and abrasive. Sends condescending emails and messages and then nice to your face."

"CEO is about as friendly as a honey badger."

My experience with the CEO is that he's extremely brilliant and driven, and is very friendly to employees... when he's talking with them face-to-face. Most communication via e-mail, calls, etc. is uncommonly harsh, demanding, and condescending. Employees are routinely told their work is "insufficient", or that they were asked for a deliverable weeks earlier when nobody but the CEO has any memory of it. Employees quickly become accustomed to rarely being thanked for their hard work or being told they've done a good job.

Condescending, demanding requests may stoke egos, but they are toxic to a company's culture. Such requests quickly lead to employees losing respect for senior management and even poking fun at them when they're not around. As senior managers at the company, you'll have to make a serious decision regarding what's most important to you: your ego or your company's culture.