KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 84 of over 412 reviews

4.5
Wonder Research CEO Guy Cohen
Guy Cohen
Pros
  • "True flexibility in work from home(in 37 reviews)

• "They put the analysts as one of their priorities(in 28 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Extremely low research job availability (one job in a month on average) after a period of being able to work on 3-5 research jobs per week(in 85 reviews)

• "reviewers do not read and score the jobs carefully(in 49 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wonder Research and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Incredible company with amazing people

Nov 19, 2021 - Customer Success Manager (CSM) in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Tight-knit crew of employees from diverse backgrounds, extremely flexible and understanding company culture, some of the smartest and kindest people I've ever had the pleasure of working with

Cons

Very tough to pick out anything negative about working for this company

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fast paced startup with plenty of room to run, great career opportunity

Nov 17, 2021 - Customer Success Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Wonder for 6 months now and it's been a great experience so far. The team consists of intelligent, talented, and hard-working people that push one another to be our best, but also take the time to celebrate our individual and collective wins. We have to ability to work from home and also meet up at a co-working space, so there's a nice balance. Everyone understands that we have lives outside of work, and it's great to be somewhere that values the separation. From the start of my time here, the CEO and the rest of the team have stressed ownership, and they really do give you the keys to own your workflow and experiment to improve your processes. We're building one of the best research and time saving tools out there, and the sky is the limit for Wonder, can't wait to see where we will be in another 6 months!

Cons

Though there are plenty of positives to flexible working locations, (Wonder provides co-working passes for us to use anywhere) I do miss having that ultra clear separation from home and work environment. Even with the hybrid set up and using WeWorks, there's still something to be said about leaving your stuff at the desk, going to the gym or dinner on the way home, and commuting back to your neighborhood without worrying if you forgot your laptop charger at the office.

3. 5.0

Expansive, meaningful career opportunity

Nov 16, 2021 - Product Operations Manager in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm a proud Wonderer. It's not just about growing revenue here - we create jobs for our community of freelance research analysts. Everyone's smart, passionate and curious - I love it and our company culture! My experience has been everything I wanted from a startup company, and more. Our leadership is so supportive of each of us expressing our potential. I always say to my family and friends that Wonder demands the best of me, presenting new challenges and career opportunity for me to take on. I've grown so much in the past ~3 years as a person because of it. Building a business is a ton of fun when you're building with a team that you trust, admire, and enjoy.

Cons

We've had our share of challenges that were tough to overcome. Like many companies, the pandemic forced us to make difficult personnel decisions (both at HQ and within our analyst community). This isn't necessarily a con, but more a reality. We learned a lot from this season and are thoughtful as we scale the business again, which I appreciate.

4. 5.0

The Best Place To Work, Learn, and Grow

Nov 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

My time at Wonder has provided me with opportunities for development and growth that are extraordinarily rare for younger professionals in today's world. The belief that the employees are the greatest asset a company has is imbedded in the culture at Wonder, and I am incredibly grateful to be one of the beneficiaries of that philosophy. Three years ago I was an SDR making cold calls, today I work very closely with our CEO to set and execute the strategic vision for our enterprise business. The work we do at Wonder is incredibly meaningful and profoundly impacts people's lives. Every sale we make provides work opportunities for our analyst community - many of whom are brilliant minds who need to work freelance for any number of reasons. Beyond the uncommon professional development opportunities and purpose driven mission, Wonder has provided me with a community of humble, kid, and curious minds I'm fortune enough to call a second family. Wonderers support each other through thick and thin and are incredibly respectful of each other's work/life balance. Despite the fact that we are all so hard working and care deeply about the success of our company, we never forget that we're all people with families, friends, and lives outside of Wonder, and that is exactly what makes this company remarkable.

Cons

In my 3+ years at Wonder, I have not experienced any cons that are not endemic to the work experience of anyone at a startup. Like all startups, we face operational, strategic, and financial challenges every day, but they are always handled with poise and grace.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Personal & professional growth at an astonishing rate; idyllic work environment

Nov 15, 2021 - Operations in Brooklyn, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at Wonder for ~3.5 years now, and have had the opportunity to work my way from an entry-level sales position, to an operations & strategy leader within the company. Over that time I've had the true privilege of working with a team that feels much more like family than co-workers. Whether we're talking about our quarterly, week-long, company off-sites (team retreats!), the hyper-collaborative work environment, or our relentless culture of supporting + bringing out THE BEST in each person, the bottom-line is that I pinch myself each morning that I get to work on SUCH an amazing product, with amazing people, on an amazing mission. When I describe facets of Wonder to my non-work friends, they all say the same thing: "Wow, that sounds like the type of idyllic, modern work environment people talk about; I didn't know places like that actually existed!" They do - it's called Wonder :)

Cons

Like many companies, we went through a bit of a transitional phase when the COVID-19 pandemic descended, and with that had to make some difficult personnel decisions across both our HQ and Analyst communities. While downsizing was truly difficult, it led us to a new-found place of innovation & lean-ness that ultimately led us to the success we're seeing now, so while it was difficult, I wouldn't exactly call it a 'con' - more of a growing pain.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Not really

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice place to work at .

Cons

Not good at all at this time

7. 1.0
      Former Employee

This company is a joke

Oct 1, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some smart people worked here.

Cons

Everything, it is sad that people pay for this terrible service.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

n/a

Aug 24, 2021 - Manager in Parsippany, NJ
      Business Outlook

Pros

n/a this is just to start

Cons

there are none, it's a great workplace

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Company

Apr 12, 2021 - Research Analyst in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Community Opportunity to learn Hone your skills

Cons

Job availability can be limited.

10. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Good time while it lasted

Feb 11, 2021 - Enterprise SDR in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Awesome company culture, smart coworkers, ceo was humble and engaged with entry level workers

Cons

product wasn't strong, have no problem doing company-wide layoffs

Viewing 1 - 10 of 84 Reviews

Wonder Research Reviews FAQs

Wonder Research has an overall rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on over 412 reviews left anonymously by employees. 82% of employees would recommend working at Wonder Research to a friend and 73% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Wonder Research employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Wonder Research. This rating has improved by 9% over the last 12 months.

82% of Wonder Research employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Wonder Research 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Wonder Research to be management, career development, coworkers and the cons to be benefits, culture.

Popular Careers with Wonder Research Job Seekers