Wonderful Citrus Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Wonderful Citrus President David Krause
David Krause

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Employer takes care of employees"

Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Delano, CA
    Former Employee - Inventory Specialist in Delano, CA

I worked at Wonderful Citrus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very safe environment, always coming up with ways to make it safer. Will have incentives and bonus for no accidents on each season. If looking for a place that gives over time this is the company to go to.

Cons

This is only seasonal work, there are some jobs that stay working all year long. Hours get cut down during the off season.

2. "Hulman Resources Generalist"

I worked at Wonderful Citrus full-time

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good hours.

Cons

Upper level management needs improvement.

3. "sanitation"

I have been working at Wonderful Citrus full-time

Pros

You could receive a lot of over time.

Cons

Management is blinded to the real problems.

4. "Great Place to work to get underpaid"

Current Employee - Field Tech in Donna, TX
    Current Employee - Field Tech in Donna, TX

Pros

Great benefits, great people to work with.

Cons

The company tends to underpay its employees, they try to cut as many corners as they can. If they can pay someone less than you to do your job they will.

Advice to Management

Pay the employees that work hard for you. Stop trying to cut corners and pay people what they are worth

5. "Horrible!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delano, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Delano, CA

I worked at Wonderful Citrus full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a job and you get a paycheck so if that's all you are looking for then fine. If you're looking for a career then stay away unless you have no morals and are willing to brown-nose, back stab, sleep with, and become a "yes man" to supervisors.

Cons

Upper management has completely abandoned production workers and left them in the hands of incompetent bad supervisors. I have been with the company for years and for the last 5 years it's been going downhill. Heavy office politics. Promotions are based on who your friends are, relatives are, brown-nosing, who you sleep with, and being a rat. Production supervisors have absolutely no leadership skills or experience. They just spend the day yelling and complaining to workers and never have anything nice to say or acknowledge people's hard work. Upper management just spend the day in useless meetings that accomplish nothing and don't care about production workers.

Advice to Management

Upper management needs to get out of the office, stop having useless meetings, and come out to the floor and talk to your real workers. I have never seen morale so low. All the good employees are leaving, already gone, or looking for new employment leaving nothing but incompetent people which is why production runs like crap. You really need to change the work culture and start by looking in the mirror because it starts with you. You don't care of worker's well-being and it shows. When employees become aware of that they will not give 100% effort. At the current state, employees just don't care anymore. We go for the paycheck and that's it.

6. "Maintenance Reliability Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mission, TX

I worked at Wonderful Citrus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Up and coming company. Good salary. May be a great place to work once they get stabilized and upper management get some experience.

Cons

Absolutely no direction or guidance from upper management. They treat the management same as the seasonal employees. Never know what the expectations are until you are reprimanded or fired for not meeting them. Even my job title was dependent upon who was asked.

Advice to Management

Clearly define what is expected for ALL employees to allow the company to succeed. If you are setting you management team up for failure or giving unrealistic expectations, eventually you will be held to the same standards.

"IT Technicain"

Current Employee - IT Technician in Delano, CA
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Delano, CA

I have been working at Wonderful Citrus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best Company i have ever worked for. Very Family orientated company. Very understanding and will to work with you. Very relaxed environment. Free Onsite Gym and Free Onsite health Clinic. Benefits are great. Awesome yearly bonus. Management is wonderful. Never Micro Managed. Room to grow and learn, with opportunity of advancement. I feel very blessed to work for this WONDERFUL company.

Cons

Only thing for me is the long commute. Most everyone who works here drives 30 - 45 minutes to get to work. Other than that. It perfect

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Employees Well Taken Cared Of....."

Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Delano, CA
    Current Employee - Transportation Coordinator in Delano, CA

I have been working at Wonderful Citrus full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really takes care of its employees. They have a health clinic on site, great benefits, gym, healthy choice cafeterias, and quarterly meets that reward their employees for their good work. Work environment is great, with good people who have been with the company for years! Management is very down to earth as well as the people you work with. I just celebrated my year at Paramount and I am very impressed on how the company rewarded me. Especially with travel on the company's private jet!

Cons

There is not a lot of training procedures. You kinda just get thrown into your job and hope for the best. It is a lot of trial by error.

Advice to Management

Have a set training procedure along with a set time to train employees.

9. "Great Company"

I have been working at Wonderful Citrus full-time

Pros

Great benefits and nice atmosphere to work in.

Cons

No set procedure on anything. You kind of get thrown into you job.

10. "Great work experience and a fun and efficiency company."

Former Employee - Data Entry in Delano, CA
    Former Employee - Data Entry in Delano, CA

I worked at Wonderful Citrus full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay, Gained good work experience, my supervisor was awesome! My co-workers were the best. Had lots of fun, even when we were so busy and it was so hectic! Loved Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner that the company would provided for us.

Cons

A lot of hours, hardly seen my child, temp agency. For all the hours we were working with no days off, I would have loved to see that holiday pay at least!

Advice to Management

Work-life balance was not so great, but the position was only temporary. I love the company values and when our work line did great, we would get rewarded with an hour lunch and the company would buy us food.