KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 188 of over 264 reviews

4.9
Wonolo CEO Yong Kim
Yong Kim
Pros
  • "Now, let me talk about the incredible leadership team(in 18 reviews)

• "A mission-driven company that puts its actions were its statements are(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Wonolo is still going through some of the growing pains and challenges that typically go along with companies of this size(in 17 reviews)

• "Typical start-up issues around work/life balance(in 8 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

What people are saying about Wonolo

Join the conversation on

Consulting

2m

a

Business Strategy Manager

I just joined, Wonolo, a fast growing start-up, and so far I’ve been loving it! Empathetic leadership, great culture, and decent work-life balance. They are hiring a ton so let me know if there are any roles you are interested in. The company reviews are below. https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-Wonolo-EI_IE1322531.11,17.htm

7 Comments

Join the conversation on

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Wonolo and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

LOVE Wonolo!

Nov 12, 2021 - Director of Strategy in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Inclusive environment - Amazing leadership team - Remote-first organization

Cons

- Start up so sometimes resources are limited

2. 5.0

Wonolo is growing!

Oct 18, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- I enjoy being part of a company that is helping businesses across the US with their labor shortages, as well as helping people find local and consistent work with living wages. I especially find helping people and communities who have been historically overlooked and underserved by the tech industry, very fulfilling - The growth we are going through is explosive. We have the runway to execute, bring great talent onboard, and make big bets - Our culture has evolved but remained healthy, tight knit, and inclusive, even in hyper growth

Cons

We are growing quickly, which is great. But processes that worked a year ago no longer work or some don't scale. Changes are happening, which is tough in the short term but necessary.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Summarizing this review in one word: Balance

Oct 18, 2021 - Recruiting Coordinator in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has empowered me to have a much healthier work-life balance that other companies tout but rarely make possible. The mission-based focus makes it easier for everyone to align on what's important and feel like we're moving together as a company. There is transparency and a top down emphasis on keeping an open door policy to any changes the company makes which also contribute to the sense of togetherness and belonging.

Cons

There is fast-paced growth with the company and while it hasn't been an issue and I don't foresee it becoming one with the way that leadership continues to focus on the culture, I could see a potential issue with losing some of that cohesive nature the culture focuses on as we continue to scale.

4. 5.0

Finding Purpose in my Career

Oct 18, 2021 - Employee Experience Lead
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonolo is a place where I have found what I love to do. Each person I work with not only is incredible at their job, but they give to help others with their team. I work with folks who try to make big and small moments memorable, so years later, our team can look back and think of the thriving culture of Wonolo.

Cons

Our team is growing and with that comes growing pains. It can be difficult to scale, especially when it comes to culture, but we're taking the steps to make sure the evolves as we grow.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Your Search for the IDEAL Company is Over, You've Found Wonolo!

Oct 18, 2021 - People Team
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonolo is without a shadow of a doubt the best company I have ever worked for. 1) The Mission Not only is the product such a "no brainer" idea that is changing the lives not only of businesses across the U.S. who are struggling with national supply shortages, but also the lives of gig-workers who are looking for flexible and fulfilling opportunities. We empower the underserved workforce to pick up jobs that are not only fitting with their busy schedules but also changing the game with the gig economy by offering so many perks (portable benefits, time off, a commitment to a LIVING wage (the first gig economy to commit to such an offering), etc). We are disrupting the traditional staffing space and making a real impact in the lives of people who need it most in our communities. I can honestly say, I end start and end work every day motivated and excited to continue toward this powerful mission. 2) The Growth Impact Not only is our footprint and corporate team growing, but the opportunity to grow and learn new things is limitless. There are so many ways to up-level your skills and try new techniques/strategies (without having the red tape of 10 different levels of leadership to get something over the line). I appreciate the idea of continuing to improve yourself 1% every day and it is evident across the organization's commitment to never settle for the status quo. We are just barely scratching the surface of an over $140BN industry and we have never been in a better position or more stable than we are now. 3) The Leadership: Have you ever had the CEO of your company regularly check in on you to see how your family was doing? How about a CEO who emails the entire company and specifically mentions 3 things that he has learned from you (+ 3 things for EVERY single person at the company) in the last year? How about a CEO where when you shoot him a Slack asking for his opinion when you are at a crossroads for an important decision and he replies that he would love to call you since it is important? I have never felt more valued and truly appreciated than I do at Wonolo. Thank you, Yong + every single leader at Wonolo. 4) The Benefits: Compensation is extremely competitive for the tech start-up space. Non-commission based employees receive a base salary, up to 13% bonus that is based on company revenue targets (yes, paid out MONTHLY so you don't have to wait until the end of the year), 100% covered medical/dental/vision insurance for you and 80% for dependents, MEANINGFUL equity packages, unlimited PTO, and flexible schedules (AND an actual work-life balance where family is THE most important thing) with the ability to work remotely from anywhere in the U.S. or Canada. The company also offers maternity and paternity leave for 3 months (100% covered) + a 4th month transition period + $3k baby bonus. HR is working on getting us a 401K match hopefully in 2022!

Cons

With great opportunity, comes a bit more ambiguity than more established companies. If you are the type of person who enjoys lots of structure, already built out processes, and a lot of direction into what your day-to-day look like, the start-up world might be difficult for you to adjust to. The individuals who thrive here are constantly looking to improve existing processes, strategies, and up-level the team they are on.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Flexibility for the future.

Nov 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Provides a safe fllexible work schedule for all employees.

Cons

Lack of jobs in my particular area.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Strong Vision, Empathetic Leadership Team, Great Culture + Opportunities for Growth

Jun 22, 2021 - Customer Operations
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Leadership team is transparent and honest -- from the CEO down, there's clear communication (both positive and negative) on changes to company strategy, goals, etc. and the reason why - Amazing work culture with dedicated and caring colleagues -- outside of work, people really care about each other and they're compassionate. There's lots of social activities as well. - Mission: We're truly trying to doing something good for underserved workers and that's what drives me everyday to do my best and makes me PROUD of the work we're doing - Opportunities for Growth: if you perform and show you're capable of taking on more responsibility, opportunities definitely exist for promotion and career growth!

Cons

- Rapidly evolving and change is a constant: On-demand staffing is hard, and the company has to be nimble as we grow. As a result, the company is quick to evolve, however, this means roles and responsibilities may change, teams may change, and you have to be willing to adapt and grow with the changes. - Processes are not always clearly defined. We're going through early stage growth, and like any new company, not all processes are clearly defined. This can present challenges, however, also opportunities if you're able to create the vision and define the process.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Sometimes feels to good to be true

Oct 18, 2021 - Strategy in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Engaging and connected culture, even after move to fully-remote - So many brilliant people to learn from - Solving hard, meaningful problems with broad social impact - In the right place at the right time for worker-centric disruption and innovation in the labor space - Humble, trustworthy leadership

Cons

- We are solving hard problems, but it's worth it - As we scale, would be great to see investment in formal L&D (although I'm learning everyday!)

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Whoooaaaa didn’t expect this

Oct 14, 2021 - Anonymous in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- you are valued - they think about your own future - best culture in a workspace - fully remote work - work/life balance - TRUE cross functional work - everyone is equal - everyone helps each other - sooo much fun doing work and getting things done

Cons

- need work on Wonolo user experience - constantly changing as it is a start up but it was expected when taking on the role (and it gives you experience in different areas)

10. 5.0

Keeps Getting Better!

Oct 18, 2021 - People Team in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Truly a company that has only gotten better as it has grown. Great leadership, great people, focus on connection and transparency. Mission driven with a tangible impact on underserved communities. #RocketShip!

Cons

No cons that I can think of... If you are thinking of joining, would highly recommend!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 188 Reviews