Woodforest National Bank Instore Retail Banker II Reviews | Glassdoor

Woodforest National Bank Reviews

Updated 18 Sep 2019

Found 847 reviews

2.7
Woodforest National Bank CEO Robert Marling (no image)
Robert Marling
  1. "Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Bartender in Mount Pleasant, SC

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Consistent business throughout the year and no really late nights.

Cons

None really come to mind

Woodforest National Bank2019-07-18
  2. "Good place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Retail Banker II in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

The ability to share and develop a good team, monthly incentives once goal has been reached

Cons

Depending on location, can be very busy, so longer hours past closing time to finish duties

Woodforest National Bank2019-09-11
  3. "Not bad, not work life"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay for entry level manager is good.

Cons

No work life balance. Long hours

Woodforest National Bank2019-09-01
  4. "Good potential, slow progress"

Current Employee - Applications Support Analyst in The Woodlands, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Able to collect a lot of talent, and the ‘community feel’ of a lot of the people there is contagious. You feel as though you’re not just a number, and there’s a lot of young talent managing the individual departments which have the best interest of their employees in mind.

Cons

Middle management generally cares a lot about change and taking care of their people, but it appears there’s a real disconnect between what appears to be ‘the old guard’ in executive management and the new talent being hired on. Being in Technology, it feels like there’s a lot of old ideologies at the top which are preventing the kind of change and movement most other companies have now embraced. Currently, if... you’re looking for a ‘modern’ or ‘well oiled’ machine to work with, look elsewhere. There’s people pushing for change, but so far progress has been slow.

Advice to Management

“Every company is a software company” is true in today’s world. Currently there is a surprising amount of talent, but recently with certain companies going on hiring sprees, Technology has been losing good people who have been there a long time. You should look at where they’re going and what that company has to offer that is able to pull decade-old company staples from their jobs at Woodforest. Change has to come... from the top. Without a real push to update and modernize, Woodforest will continue to be a ‘stepping stone to get to a better company’, instead of other companies being a ‘stepping stone in to Woodforest.’

Woodforest National Bank2019-08-25
  5. "Sales, sales, sales"

Current Employee - Retail Banker in Richmond, VA

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

overtime is nice sometimes, decent starting pay

Cons

long hours, short breaks, always short-staffed, can't take vacation around the holidays (reserved exclusively for managers), EVERYTHING is about making GOAL. management acts like it's the end of the world if we don't make our monthly goal and we are expected to ask friends and family and everyone we know to open an account even though the accounts are not that great.

Advice to Management

be there for your staff. stop taking 3 hour lunch breaks and HELP us make goal instead of sitting back, twiddling your thumbs and then asking why we aren't meeting our goals

Woodforest National Bank2019-09-07
  6. "Extremly Pushy on Sales"

Former Employee - Assistant Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Overtime, great intro to banking industry, great experience to build relationships with the customers

Cons

No work life balance. Since the bank is open 7 days a week they want you to be there almost 24/7 theyll call you in on your days off cause someone called in, or when the sales goals are not met they make the branch employees stay late after CLOSING! Mind you that this bank works retail hours so people found themselves coming home to their families at 10 pm. I hated making all my emplyoees stay just because a couple... of people didnt want to meet their sales goals. You arnt forced to stay but dont worry, if you arnt useful for the branch they will be on you to try to find a way to get rid of your or to make you so uncomfortable that you want to leave. They over work you for a miserable pay and try to make it seem worth it with the banker incentive that is split between everyone that met their sales goal.

Advice to Management

Reduce pressure for sale on consumer and business, this bank seems cheap by making their employees do everything, managers,tellers,bankers,consumer loan officer, business banker, business loan officer, operations specalist, tech support for atms, the list goes on...for a miserable pay

Woodforest National Bank2019-09-01
  7. "Horrendous Company Culture"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Vacation time, sick time (rolls over if unused.)

Cons

No work to home life balance, unrealistic goals, horrific incentive program, insurance is over priced, company does not value employees, compensation packages are not at all competitive, out dated systems, no value to customers.

Advice to Management

Step down. Truly look to evolve your bank, training, expectations, and commitment to your people.

Woodforest National Bank2019-09-19
  8. "quality of life suffered"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly customers and staff

Cons

Work/Life Balance became non- existent

Woodforest National Bank2019-08-09
  9. "ABM"

ABM in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank

Pros

Advancement but mostly due to turnover.

Cons

Long hours, no breaks, high turnover, sales first environment, uncompetitive pay.

Advice to Management

Focus on service, not just sales.

Woodforest National Bank2019-08-08

"Terrible Work Life Balance"

Former Employee - Retail Banker

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time

Pros

Monthly incentives are the only pros

Cons

Everything else is absolutely terrible

Woodforest National Bank2019-07-31