Woodforest National Bank Instore Retail Banker Reviews | Glassdoor

Woodforest National Bank Instore Retail Banker Reviews

Updated Jun 1, 2019

Found 68 reviews

2.8
Woodforest National Bank CEO Robert Marling (no image)
Robert Marling
  1. "Retail Banker"

Former Employee - Instore Retail Banker in Tomball, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is great! My first week on the job I attended a 3-4 day training course. It wasn't only new-by's there but also employees that have been with the company for 5-10 years. They made me feel welcomed and I learned a lot within those 4 days.

Cons

They placed my in one of their "Evolution" branches inside of a super slow WalMart. Wasn't my cup of tea. Enjoyed my manager and associate while there!

Woodforest National Bank2018-11-19
  2. "If you like Overtime, this is the place for you."

Former Employee - Instore Retail Banker

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always got overtime on my paychecks, usually averaging about 90 hours per two-week pay period. Woodforest has Jack of all Trade tellers, meaning that you get to do pretty much everything. Management at the last branch I worked at was very good.

Cons

Woodforest has a VERY high turnover rate, meaning that you get to travel to other branches to help out, or have to come in on your days off. Sales goals are near unattainable, especially since our loan requirements are based from the state of Texas and their requirements for customers to be approved for loans is stricter than Ohio. The teller systems that Woodforest used were EXTREMELY out of date and very slow,... making it a massive headache-especially around the first of the month.

Woodforest National Bank2019-06-01

"Not your typical bank experience"

Current Employee - Instore Retail Banker

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent pay, good place to watch people (located in a walmart), good place to get a handle on basic teller work.

Cons

Heavily sales oriented, definitely a retail job, banking is an after thought, no work life balance, must dress in the style of an undertaker. Not able to use your own banking knowledge to make common sense decisions.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees. Promote from within. Put some time into recognizing existing customers and not just the brand new relationships, especially if the area is a saturated market.

Woodforest National Bank2018-10-29
  4. "Retail Banker"

Former Employee - Instore Retail Banker in Houston, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Payscale was adequate for job.

Cons

Management needs more leadership qualities. Bank is super corporate, home office had branches stay open till the last hour of a hurricane hitting an area, whilst corporate offices in the same area closed the day prior. Some retail bankers were forced to hunker down in a Walmart super center because it was too late to leave before the storm hit.

Advice to Management

A crew is only as good as its leader. Do not expect your crew to do things you yourself are not willing to do.

Woodforest National Bank2018-09-05

"Retail Banker"

Current Employee - Instore Retail Banker in Houston, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Incentives, Flexibility for college students

Cons

Bad salary, marketing, no growth opportunity

Advice to Management

Stop showing favoritism to certain employees and start being a manager with leadership! Start caring for your team. I would only recommend Woodforest to those that will work at a traditional location, but if you want to work in store and you like to market to customers in Walmart and Walmart employees, then the job is perfect for you.

Woodforest National Bank2018-08-04
  6. "Very friendly environment."

Current Employee - Instore Retail Banker in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

You’re able to move up quickly Small staff very friendly

Cons

Frequent changes of the bank

Woodforest National Bank2018-07-25
  7. "No RESPECT, I wish I can reply to some of these reviews that gave 5 stars., are you kidding!"

Former Employee - Instore Retail Banker

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time

Pros

401k that's about it! Can't think of anything else

Cons

Just about everything! Long hours, customers are rude.

Advice to Management

Stop the favoritism! Stop promoting who you like even though they are incompetent.

Woodforest National Bank2018-08-11
  8. "Retail Banker"

Former Employee - Instore Retail Banker in La Porte, TX

I worked at Woodforest National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

I liked the work the job consisted of. I loved helping the customers, deposits, computer work, withdrawals, etc.

Cons

I did not like who I worked with except for the 2 new employees that I was with while I worked there. The girls who've been there for a long time are very cliquey, don't really care to make you feel apart of the crew unless if you're getting accounts, they don't communicate with you very well. I was supposed to be sent for training and I never was so I was just thrown to what I had to do after the computer training.... Also if I needed to use a vacation day to attend things in my personal life, it was never allowed because of the schedule, yet when the girls who've been there longer needed help, there were exceptions made. They're very VERY biased and obviously have favoritism, which is very unprofessional. I understand that there are gonna be sometimes conflict but to have worked there for 6 months and still have to go to work staying quiet and not even enjoy my day because of their vibe definitely sucks. Who wants to go to work and have to stay there pretty much the whole day without being able to talk at all? That's not really cool. Also, you only get 30 minutes to eat. That's your only break...

Advice to Management

Follow through with what you say you're going to do. Get rid of the favoritism, be FAIR, BE AN EXAMPLE OF HOW YOU WANT YOUR EMPLOYEES TO BE. Don't come in whenever you want, yet rush your employees. If you expect them to be on time, not leave early, BE AN EXAMPLE, not a HYPOCRITE.

Woodforest National Bank2018-04-21
  9. "Retail Banker"

Current Employee - Instore Retail Banker in Forney, TX

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great group of people to work with.

Cons

Not knowing your days off more than a week ahead so can’t schedule things outside of work that needs to be done.

Woodforest National Bank2018-01-25
  10. "Retail banker review"

Current Employee - Instore Retail Banker

I have been working at Woodforest National Bank full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work environment, Great team work atmosphere. Decent pay, great vacation, many opportunities to advance in the company.

Cons

Long random hours. open 7 days a week extended hours, which is good for the customers but draining on the employees, specially the ones with kids.

Woodforest National Bank2018-01-23