WoodmenLife "100 commission" Reviews | Glassdoor

WoodmenLife Employee Reviews about "100 commission"

Updated Jul 12, 2019

3.4
WoodmenLife CEO Patrick L. Dees  (no image)
Patrick L. Dees
Pros
  • "Flexible hours, great benefits package, great corporate support(in 8 reviews)

• "Good benefits package for representatives(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "100% commission which are some of the lowest in the industry(in 5 reviews)

• "(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "100 commission"

Return to all Reviews

"Look the other way if you are considering working for this company"

I have been working at WoodmenLife full-time

Pros

Good benefits package for representatives

Cons

100% commission which are some of the lowest in the industry Little support from management

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Employees are treated like cattle being led to the slaughter. Management preaches that they will support you and train you, but drops the ball on both parts. They hide behind their fraternal programs, but the bottom line is they are like any other insurance company, nothing special. Based on the low commissions and lack of support for their representative they fall into the bottom... tier of insurance companies to work for. They push their generous bonus program on you when recruiting, but the reality is only the top 5% of representative actually benefit from it in a significant way. If you plan on doing any investment work this is not the company for you because of very limited product selection and low commissions. The best part of the company is their benefits offered to representatives, but this is probably not the reason to work for them since other insurance and financial companies have the same or better benefits packages. As for a management career, it's all about who you know and not what you know. There is limited support for managers and not much financial benefits. Most reps make more than their managers. The bottom line is you would probably being doing yourself a favor by looking at other companies.

WoodmenLife2017-12-22

"Be prepared for frustration and disappointment, but stick it out for limitless possibilities."

Current Employee - Financial Representative

I have been working at WoodmenLife full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Organization dedicated to doing what's right for its members. Flexible Work Schedule and *Unlimited earning potential.

Cons

100% Commission, takes a lot of grunt work to build a book of business. Less access to current members (book of business) than led to believe during hiring. No brand recognition- a lot of time is spent explaining who we are before even being able to get an appointment with prospects. Very little assistance from management when it comes to trying to build your business. Basically left alone without a more... seasoned veteran to lean on for joint fieldwork.

Advice to Management

Focus on developing quality representatives rather than the quantity of new reps you hire. I have seen a ton of people come and go in my short time with the organization. With such high turnover, I find myself apologizing to current members for the lack of attention they have received over the years.

WoodmenLife2017-03-27
  3. "Unlimited Opportunities"

Current Employee - Representative in Decatur, AL

I have been working at WoodmenLife full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great training, exceptional compensation when you make sales, but you have to make a lot of them. Great management support and encouragement.

Cons

100% commission can be extremely stressful. However, if this is something you're used to, great opportunity!

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

WoodmenLife2016-05-25
  4. "insurance agent"

in Mocksville, NC

I have been working at WoodmenLife for more than 3 years

Pros

woodmen help me about that hard work pays off .

Cons

we get paid a 100% commission and the underwriter is real strict.

Advice to Management

Be fair to all your your agent

WoodmenLife2016-01-30

"Good company IF you like insurance"

I worked at WoodmenLife

Pros

The pros of working for Woodmen are the extensive training and support they offer. The potential to make a lot of money with the bonuses they offer is there IF, and only if you make A LOT of sales. They assign you an area manager that helps you and pushes you to succeed.

Cons

Can be very stressful. It's not for everyone. I would only advise this job to someone is very passionate about insurance and is willing to do what it takes to succeed. In my opinion it can be difficult to make a career out of this if you are not extremely passionate about insurance. You paycheck is 100% commission, so if you aren't selling, you are not making any money. And you have to sell a lot to make good money... with Woodmen.

Advice to Management

Be more straightforward and tell potential employees about the true nature of the job.

WoodmenLife2014-10-13