KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Woodmont Properties (NJ) Reviews

Updated Sep 10, 2021

Found 31 of over 34 reviews

4.5
Woodmont Properties (NJ) CEO Eric Witmondt (no image)
Eric Witmondt
Talk anonymously with Real Estate professionals
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Allows you to create and grow!

Sep 10, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Woodmont's leadership allows team members to own their position. There's awesome training to start you off, and then you can really grow into your role with the elbow room given. Woodmont loves to promote from within! There have been so many promotions this year- it's awesome to see a company recognize their own for their hard work. You can develop processes and whatever brought to the table, is typically well received- the start, stop, keep program allows for this! No two days are the same in the real estate world!

Cons

As with any growing company, Woodmont is growing so quickly, and with that quick growth comes challenges that any company of our size would experience. We always try and "be better", so we constantly look at things to improve on.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for this review! There's constant room for improvement, but, we need the advice. Please reach out to the People Division for any questions, concerns, ideas, anything at all!

2. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work

Sep 9, 2021 - Maintenance Manager in Ledgewood, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company takes good care about own emploees

Cons

Recently Woodmont sells many of their new properties

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company and culture!

Jul 29, 2021 - Associate Director in Fairfield, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fun, collegial place to work, where people stay for decades - Management really takes an interest in making sure employees are happy and engaged - Great quality of work and opportunity for advancement (company is quickly growing) - Competitive pay and benefits - Office has been recently renovated and is very nice (free drinks and snacks!) - Flexibility is available + summer Fridays!

Cons

I really can't think of any (maybe more lunch options in close proximity would be nice) -- I would highly recommend working at Woodmont!!

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks you for this review! As a learning organization, we try to implement a work culture that fosters career growth, as our company grows- like you said, very quickly. We are not perfect, but we truly value our team members and what each person brings to our company, ensuring it's an employer of choice now, for 2 years in a row!

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

I am valued

Jul 6, 2021 - Learning & Development Specialist in Fairfield, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Your voice is heard, your opinion is valued, your best interest is always in the minds of leadership throughout the company. Whether the decisions made are in line with your beliefs or personal / career interests, I can say definitively that if you offered a perspective (and there are so many avenues to do so) that it was considered and if there was any possible way to meet your needs and the needs of the company, they would have taken that route. I have seen it myself, first hand, during the most difficult of times, and while I may not always agree with the final decision made, I can also see the intention and integrity behind the decision and I cannot say that of every company I have worked for.

Cons

The company could be (and is starting to be) more open minded to alternative work environments, alternative technology and flexible schedules. The department policies could be more synchronized and fluid. There are already steps being taken towards all of this and I think they are all indicative of a company in the midst of rapid growth and/or with more traditional routes, but those would be my "cons" if I had to choose.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for the review! You can always voice your questions and concerns to our People Division. As our company grows quickly, coupled with the changing work landscape (not just our company but all companies are experiencing some form of this due to the recent pandemic), we are being more open-minded and flexible with our offerings. We are piecing together our future, and because of our team members, and their variety of thoughts and opinions, we are striving to make our workplace a 3-time winner of the Top Workplace in NJ!

5. 5.0

Growing and Solid Company

Jun 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Open to feedback, transparent, actions match core values. The company is dedicated to providing a safe workspace. Woodmont took COVID19 very seriously and made a quick switch to working virtually. Not only did they make it safe for employees, they made it safe for residents and vendors too. Woodmont does a good job developing employees for success in their current role as well as career growth. Generous 401k matching. You will have work life balance here in the property management team. Work hard, put in the time and sign off.

Cons

The ramp up can still feel a little hectic but I promise that if you hang in there and provide professional and open feedback it will be worth it. It has been a decade since I worked at a company with distant middle management which has been personal adjustment but has not been a deal breaker. Insurance is expensive to employees but salary is higher than other companies which balances out.

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for this thoughtful review, it's very helpful! We like hearing feedback and we are certainly thrilled to hear that you are having a good experience with us. We try to give every tool imaginable to help our team members grow and develop their careers, and are always open to improvements in any area of the business. Please know that you can always reach out to our People Division to address questions, concerns, successes, wins, or anything else. Thank you very much.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Woodmont Properties grew my career!

Jun 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people are the best part along with the culture. Woodmont really does care about its people and providing a home not only for residents but for the workers to feel comfortable and proud to be part of Woodmont.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for this note! We try to give all our team members the tools to be successful, right from day one. We have a thorough onboarding and training program, and are only improving what we already have in place. We have initiatives where you can always 1) come to the People Division for assistance but 2) you can address ideas for consideration and possible implementation. Thanks for the review.

7. 5.0

Great Company to work for

Jun 21, 2021 - Floating Leasing Professional in Easton, PA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I started working for Woodmont Properties a month ago and I an honestly say I love going to work every day. The amount of time Woodmont Properties takes to train their employees is awesome! They are very supportive and there is also someone there to help with any question big or small. I definitely recommend Woodmont to anyone who wants to work in a team environment with endless support and training.

Cons

There are no cons. Woodmont is a great company to work for!

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you so much for your thoughts! We genuinely want to set team members up for success and provide as many tools as possible, to grow their career- internal growth is there at Woodmont for those who want it!

8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Unorganized company that sells off communities

Jun 28, 2021 - Property Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Made great friends along the way I guess? Once upon a time it was a great place to work.

Cons

vaccine mandated/ heavily relayed they can “deny” exemptions & pregnancy is not exempt. Rolls out policies overnight and expects full compliance and trust. Furloughed everyone that wasn’t a manager during the beginning of Covid then realized their managers couldn’t handle it. Used to be a good company pre-pandemic. Policies constantly changing -example a month ago we were told we couldn’t ask if an employee is vaccinated ...this week it’s mandated. I imagine this policy will too change after the impact it has when all of our unhappy staff leaves. Company is constantly selling off properties - check out past accomplishments.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We welcome you to contact our People Division and share your concerns and comments with us directly so we can address them in a productive manner. Our team members are our top priority along with their safety. We continue to be a winning top employer in 2021 by putting our people first. Thank you.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

I Love Working for Woodmont Properties!

Mar 11, 2021 - Resident Activities Director in Mount Arlington, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Customer focused. They care and deliver a quality product to both their employees (aka their Woodmont Family) and their consumers. The corporate culture is strong, motivating, and welcomes advancement. The core values are demonstrated daily. Our communities are beautiful and sell themselves.

Cons

I can't think of any right now. Even a con can be looked at as a pro. We are growing and sometimes have hiccups - learning curves to get through. Getting through them together is a positive!

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you very much for your review! A rapidly growing company means some learning curves, but we improve when we learn from them. Our employees are the lifeblood of the organization and we can't thank them enough!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A growing employee in a large company.

Feb 22, 2021 - Skilled Handyman in Sewell, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

The organized leadership. The family Woodmont supports.

Cons

Travel and traffic hours of work.

Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for this review!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 31 Reviews