KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Updated Jun 21, 2022

Found 47 of over 47 reviews

3.3

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "All the editors are awesome and work with the writer to create quality content.(in 3 reviews)
  • "Lots of work, nice people(in 3 reviews)
Cons
  • "Part time work; low pay; depending on the available articles the topics can be extremely dull(in 13 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great Place to Learn SEO

May 7, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been with WordAgents for a few weeks now and I have no complaints! The pay is not for an experienced SEO writer, but if you have no experience or need a little extra income, this is a great place to find a few gigs. The editors are so kind and incredibly helpful. I’ve learned so much in such a short time and I got paid to do it!

Cons

Low pay per word for experienced writers. Also, all of your work is ghost written so you can’t add to your portfolio, but WordAgents does offer recommendations. It’s worth it not to have to deal with picky clients as a first time writer.

2. 1.0
    Former Freelancer

Horrible pay for ghostwriting

Jun 21, 2022 - Content Writer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can build your private portfolio (can't share it publicly as the content is ghostwriting) and it can be good practice for researching and writing content fast.

Cons

Absolutely horrendous pay. Articles take a lot of research much of the time, and many times clients will blatantly put their name on your written work because they are paying for ghostwritten content. What does the writer get for this? A measly .03 cents per word, and often short turnaround times for assignments.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Good job, but the pay is unreliable

Apr 7, 2022 - Writer in Kannapolis, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

WordAgents always has writing work available, and they're one of the best paying content agencies I've found. The editors and staff are helpful, and the Talent Manager tries to make herself available once a week to answer questions - even when she's not available to answer questions on Zoom though, you can always reach her by email.

Cons

Pay can be slow. You have to hit a specific word count goal every week, but the editors don't always return any edits quickly - it depends on how busy they are. And you have to wait until you receive the "order complete" email before you can list an order as complete on your pay sheet. Some clients aren't very clear about their expectations.

1 person found this review helpful
  4. 3.0
    Current Freelancer, less than 1 year

Okay Place, but Don't Expect to Make a Living

Jun 20, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work-life balance Most editors and management are friendly Can be fun and engaging

Cons

You don't get paid enough No real advancement opportunities

5. 2.0
    Former Contractor

Temporary Only

Apr 26, 2022 - Content Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Assignments are available. They offer a little more compensation than competitors, but still too low.

Cons

The pay is too low for what they're asking. Research + SEO keywords. SEO isn't fun to read and it's worse to write. It's conflicting to be a part of what I don't want to see on the Internet. There are manuals, but no training. Even if you study every page, the assignments will blindside you every time. If you think you understand the instructions, it changes after you submit it. You don't earn any additional funds for edits and you may have to rewrite it all. If you think you can juggle this job with a life, forget it. You'll be working on edits during the weekend.

2 people found this review helpful
  6. 2.0

Gotta be better options

Jun 14, 2022 - Anonymous Contractor
    Business Outlook

Pros

"Flexible" hours, small bonus pay

Cons

Far too much work for how much I was paid.

7. 1.0
    Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Only for those with NO experience trying to get a foot in the door

May 5, 2022 - Freelance Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

WordAgents will pay you on time, no funny business there. And at $0.03 a word, they are somehow better paying than other content mills out there. That's not saying much, though.

Cons

WordAgents employs zero quality control over how they present individual directions for each article. These directions, or briefs, are submitted by clients, and because WordAgents does not properly vet them, they vary wildly in clarity and expectations. Usually presented in Excel spreadsheets, the briefs are often chaotic, bordering on insane. Writers will spend as much time deciphering lengthy article instructions written within a single cell in a spreadsheet as they spend on research. WordAgents' client's expectations for an article often require SEO writing, which WordAgents calls Optimized Writing. They pay a fraction of a penny more for these articles. However, writers will find articles that demand SEO are often not labeled as Optimized. I've seen clients go so far as to expect that writers source photos for individual products or upwards of fifty YouTube video links. This additional work, which can add hours to the time spent on an article, isn't part of the word count for which writers receive compensation. WordAgents allows businesses to outsource copywriting for a fraction of what paying an employee would cost. The unfortunate reality is that WordAgents is cutting costs and corners wherever they can, too. As a result, writers receiving low-quality instruction can have work rejected without compensation because WordAgents deems it "unusable." What this really means is they are cutting corners on communicating with their clients and their contractors. If you're a wild or wily writer hungry for experience, you can make this work for a while. But ultimately, this isn't writing. It's a tangled mess of Amazon Affiliates and backlinking pseudo-sites that barely understand the subjects of their own websites.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

A Great Start in Content Writing

Nov 19, 2021 - Freelance Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

They'll train you in everything you need to know about content writing. You'll get to write about diverse topics and learn to use various SEO tools. I had only done academic writing when I started at Wordagents and they gave me everything I needed to become a successful content writer. Yes, the pay is low but after a year, I was able to land several freelance jobs that pay much better. I owe my success as a content writer to the start I got working at Wordagents. They gave me the tools to break into the field. So, I don't regret the time or low pay at all. In the end, it was worth it. I'd just say, have an exit strategy when you start. Making 3 cents per word just isn't sustainable long-term if you want to do this full-time, you'll burn out.

Cons

Low pay 5,000 words per week minimum Easy to get burnt out

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great for beginners

May 25, 2022 - Content Writer in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

They will train you as you learn

Cons

Pay is low for work

10. 5.0

Great Place to Work!

Apr 4, 2022 - Freelance Writer
    Business Outlook

Pros

I was able to work on my own time. If I ever needed to extend a deadline, they were usually able to accommodate that and were very understanding.

Cons

The pay isn't quite enough for the work.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews

WordAgents Reviews FAQs

WordAgents has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 47 reviews left anonymously by employees. 60% of employees would recommend working at WordAgents to a friend and 47% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 11% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, WordAgents employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at WordAgents. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

60% of WordAgents employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WordAgents 3.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 2.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WordAgents to be work life balance, management, coworkers and the cons to be culture, career development, benefits.

Popular Careers with WordAgents Job Seekers