KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

WorkNest Reviews

Updated Jan 19, 2022

Found 47 of over 47 reviews

4.5
WorkNest CEO Gavin  Snell  (no image)
Gavin Snell

Current Employee, less than 1 year

ok

Jan 13, 2022 - Client Manager in Glasgow, Scotland
    Business Outlook

Pros

the future looks bright and people great

Cons

but short term chaos while companies merge

2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Worst place I have ever worked - Don't be fooled !

Jan 19, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice location and building (if you are in the new part )

Cons

Never worked for such a dreadful manager or company - he had zero empathy or leadership skills . I am shocked he stayed there so long and he got away with it ! Could not take any feedback if it didn't fit with his agenda . Lots of inter company relationships with directors and staff probably why they aren't held accountable. They got rid of a lot of good people who tried to change things , even though they said they embraced it . Nearly the whole HR team left during my time . Massive retention issues .

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Overall a nice workplace

Aug 27, 2021 - Employment Law Advisor in Aldford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The majority of the team are friendly and supportive team players; - gym subsidiary; - flexible with working hours (start/finish time); - nice office and equipment; - busy and fast paced workload so the day passes quickly; and - generous annual leave accrued through service.

Cons

Overall benefits are not competitive: -salary is low for the level of work, complexity and demand on ELA's; - policies are basic and unattractive (statutory maternity/paternity/adoption leave); - low staff levels in team can lead to additional workload being placed on everyone which adds pressure.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

The happiest I have been

Jul 22, 2021 - Health and Safety Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ellis Whittam cares for each employee, ensuring that they are happy with their tasks and job roles. Although health and safety consultants are based across the U.K, it still feels like a close knit company, which is certainly something I had never experienced in a previous health and safety consultancy company. Ellis Whittam ensure that all consultants are heard and viewed and feel as an important member of the team. As well as taking health and safety seriously we all have a wonderful sense of humour which is welcomed, especially during the pandemic.

Cons

Nothing negative to say here.

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work!

May 9, 2021 - Employment Law Adviser
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is always someone I can ask for help or support. I genuinely feel like the company cares about me as an individual. Communication from the CEO and directors has been great throughout COVID.

Cons

Due to COVID there have been no face to face social activities - hoping these pick up again as soon as possible. COVID has also meant that I haven't spoken to colleagues much outside of my immediate circle.

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

A brilliantly run organisation that treats employees and clients with respect.

Jun 17, 2020 - Marketing Director in Aldford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I worked in a high pressure environment for nearly 3 years at Ellis Whittam and I loved every minute of it. It was not an easy job, far from it, but I retained the support from those around me and we achieved a great deal, implementing a new digital platform across sales and marketing and becoming more inbound driven. I sat on the board throughout my time at Ellis Whittam and can honestly say that fairness, integrity and respect run deep into all decisions made. Whilst the organisation is currently backed by private equity funding, the executives consistently drove decisions towards 'the right thing to do' and at no point did decisions seem swayed towards a purely financial bias. The chairman, whilst often considered an infrequent visitor, carries significant influence, is admired and manages successfully to keep the board held to account on operational, financial and cultural performance. Operationally the company is in good hands. The CEO is a friendly and approachable guy who is a highly effective leader with a strong bias towards people engagement and the appropriate delegation of decisions. If you are intelligent, ambitious, operate with integrity and are willing to stand up and have a voice then I would confidently say EW is for you!

Cons

There were no downsides to working at EW.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Ellis Whittam is a great place to work

Jun 12, 2020 - Safety and Health Consultant in Preston, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ellis Whittam provides a very high level of Health and Safety advice to a diverse client base. An ethical company fully committed to the Health Safety and Welfare of its staff

Cons

Cant think of any at the moment

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good employer

Mar 3, 2020 - Employment Law Advisor in Chester, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Holidays are very good ie 25 plus bh

Cons

No wifi so unable to make calls in site

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

I concur with the comments made in the previous review of 15/01/2020

Jan 16, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Aldford, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Generally a good company to work for with a reasonable work-life balance, most staff and managers are ok

Cons

The reviewer of 15/01/2020 identified certain issues and behaviours which I have also experienced and would hope are limited to specific departments/managers and not the company as a whole. As they have stated there is a world of difference in the way people are treated in some areas compared to others and this has been raised on numerous occasions and no action appears to have been taken.

WorkNest Response

Head of People Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear that you feel this way about your experience at EW. We review all feedback and will be looking into the issues raised here and in the review on 15th January 2020, moving forward. We also review exit interviews to ensure we do collect feedback from all leavers to ensure we hear their views.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not the worst company but not the best

Jan 15, 2020 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice people to work with Benefits such as £15 contribution to the gym is good and fair amount of holidays No weekend work

Cons

Micromanagement from higher up, feeling like your under surveillance and not being recognised for hard work. Very favoritist in who is rewarded and the managers are quick to jump the gun and not listen to your point of view if there has been an issue or you have previously highlighted a problem. No training and slow software issues daily meaning frequent client complaints. Progression is available in SOME departments but they would rather promote externally than internally unless you are friends with managers, this has been the case for several people going for different internal jobs. Salary is avarage but don't expect an increase for a long time. If you have an issue/idea/suggestion you can voice it but it is unlikely to be heard or make a difference.

WorkNest Response

Head of People Engagement

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We genuinely value all feedback and aim to take it on board. We are currently developing all of our managers and consistently review our performance via our colleague survey. We are working hard amongst the Senior Leadership Team to ensure we have a consistent and fair approach and it's positive to hear that you have experience of great management too. If you do not feel you can speak to your manager, I would encourage you to escalate any issues/ideas you have via your manager's manager or to the HR Team.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 47 Reviews

WorkNest Reviews FAQs

93% of WorkNest employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated WorkNest 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at WorkNest to be career development, management, senior leadership and the cons to be benefits, compensation.

Popular Careers with WorkNest Job Seekers