WorkSpan Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

WorkSpan Reviews

Updated Sep 6, 2019

Found 19 reviews

4.9
WorkSpan CEO Mayank Bawa (no image)
Mayank Bawa

"Amazingly smart group of people."

I worked at WorkSpan full-time

Pros

- Very intelligent folks, especially the leadership team. high confidence in them. - Amazing location and great view in the office - Usual perks

Cons

Don't expect to take it easy ;) It is a startup, and the company in a landscape where it has to be first movers (and FAST) or competitors will come biting at their heels... This can be a pro or a con, depending on your outlook.

WorkSpan2018-10-14

January 9, 2019Leader, Business and People Operations

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We take pride in our culture and our leadership.

"I picked the right company"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is not a build-your-own-company-in-the-back-of-your-mom's-garage type of startup. WorkSpan is founded by some of the most talented industry practitioners in the space. You move quick here, the work pace is quick, so you advance quick. You'll be here for 1 week & feel like it's been a month. (this is a good thing) The culture is very open so getting to know everyone is super easy. + Transparency: The... CEO, Mayank, is serious about building transparency & trust within the company. There is nothing (ideas, solutions, feedback) you can't bring up to our CEO without his unwavering trust & support. + Product: No one wants to join a company that sells a janky product. WorkSpan is not an "imaginary product," or a "nice to have," or a "technology in search of a problem." The product is a real problem solver, and only made possible because everyone in the company is... + ...Innovative: The company is only as innovative as the people. You will learn so much from the people you are surrounded by on a daily basis (& yes, pick their brains!). I've learned more about Growth in my first interview with Gaurav (Sr. Director of Growth, now VP of Networking Success) than I ever did at any other interview. + Support: Ask and you shall receive. If you need help with something, everyone from C-level & down will drop what they're doing to see how they can help. Everyone here wants you to succeed, & I mean EVERYONE. It's amazing to be a part of a culture where you are recognized & appreciated for your hard work. + Management: Genuine go-getters. Every person from CEO to VP's to managers will roll up their sleeves & get knee deep in business. I've found the most admirable trait of a manager is the ability to empathize with your employees. There is no shortage of that here. & mainly the reason I chose to join. + Challenging: As a startup, things are constantly changing. The challenges of adapting to change can be tough. But if you're one to embrace change, you will absolutely love every minute of it. More pro's - Job autonomy: have the freedom to get your job done in the way you know best! - Research Day: 1st Tuesday of every month, CEO encourages you to spend the day to research a topic that you might find helpful & relevant to the company or your role. - Role model leadership team - Headed in the right direction - Work across teams very often (sales, engineering, marketing, etc. work very closely together) - Great product: resonates deeply with prospects in the space - Ability to work from home - Unlimited PTO: not a myth

Cons

This is a startup. If you're looking for everything to be handed to you, it's not going to happen. If you're willing to work hard to reap success - you may have found the right company!

Advice to Management

I'm so fortunate to be a part of the team. Keep progressing, keep innovating, keep supporting!

WorkSpan2018-04-10

January 9, 2019Leader, Business and People Operations

Your positive response is appreciated. Thank you!

"Big big things to come!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Innovative Product - Hands on Executive Staff - Talented and Motivated Teams COMPANY-WIDE!

Cons

Be ready to work hard - but also prepare yourself to see ALL the hard work pay off in droves!

Advice to Management

Continue to innovate - continue to be nimble - continue to provide the support you have been through the years to come!

WorkSpan2018-03-27

January 9, 2019Leader, Business and People Operations

We will continue to innovate and strive to always be agile and nimble. Thank you for the positive feedback!

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - UI Engineer in Belgrade

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at the company is amazing. Everyone is always ready to help which means a lot to new employees. Being around super talented and smart people just makes you want to improve yourself. Not to mention friendly managers, unlimited PTO and flexible working hours.

Cons

There are none so far

WorkSpan2019-07-30
  5. "Amazing company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarajevo

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time

Pros

Everything about WorkSpan is awesome! Definitely, the best company I have ever worked for! Some of the smartest, very driven and self-motivated people I've had the pleasure to work with. Amazing culture! Contagiously positive work environment and great collaboration across teams worldwide. Everyone is working towards a common goal of success and plays an active role in building a company worth working for.... Management is there to support your growth and help you achieve your goals, not micromanage your every move. Opportunity to work remotely from wherever you want and from wherever you feel happy is just amazing, and when combined with great team-building events, flexible working hours, and opportunities to learn and grow, it is easy to realize that it is actually possible to have a job you love, in an awesome company you admire.

Cons

There are no cons, really!

WorkSpan2019-06-03
  6. "A company that really values its employees"

Current Employee - Technical Support Specialist in Vienna

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for less than a year

Pros

good developed knowledge base , quite useful especially for the newcomers excellent team culture and team work in all the departments employees ,who are showing their willligness to develop and grow in the company's chierarchy, have the opportunity to do so, due to the constant and fast development of the company and the growing network , the job is always exciting management is one of the best I have ever... had!

Cons

I havent experienced any cons so far

WorkSpan2019-04-15
  7. "Best experience ever"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Sarajevo

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly colleagues who are willing to leave their assignment to help others. The company offers plenty of room for personal improvement. All employees have the opportunity to organize their time in accordance with their preferences. In short, the working environment of dreams

Cons

No cons so far, extra effort is always noticed

WorkSpan2019-04-05

"A company you want to work for"

Current Employee - Director of Engineering in Sarajevo

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The team is amazing, both in technical skills and communication The higher management team cares abut the company culture and employees Culture is strongly leaning toward personal growth of employees

Cons

You will never want to leave

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, you energy and involvement is least to say inspirational.

WorkSpan2018-05-28

January 9, 2019Leader, Business and People Operations

We appreciate your wonderful compliment.

"Friendly, almost family work atmosphere"

Current Employee - Frontend Developer in Čačak

I have been working at WorkSpan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly, creative team, working on newest technologies and revolutionary ideas to make greatest marketing software. What else can anyone wish?

Cons

Let me think about ... no cons.

Advice to Management

Don't change anything, you are at right track.

WorkSpan2018-01-18

January 9, 2019Leader, Business and People Operations

Thank you very much for the wonderful feedback.

Found 19 reviews