Workboard Reviews | Glassdoor

Deidre Paknad

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant

I have been working at Workboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Really fantastic company with wonderful people. The organization is flat and everyone is willing to collaborate and share experiences. Lots of leadership opportunities and the problem space is fascinating. I really believe in the product and the fact that it addresses a very real, very painful element of leadership. The enthusiasm among our team and our customers is contagious. Gorgeous office space (view of the...

Cons

Since we are a startup, days can be long and travel can be frequent. We are also a flat org and are in the process of building out our processes - so things can be ambiguous at times.

Advice to Management

Keep building out professional development and our culture. Otherwise, great work and strategic vision.

Workboard2019-07-12

"Calm, aligned, hungry."

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Product and executive team are sharp and top-notch quality while still remaining calm, focused, and completely aligned. Product is clearly best-of-breed already, and the market is growing bigger every day.

Cons

A bit of a commute from the South Bay, but they allow time-shifting and frequent remote days.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Keep building a critical mass of great developers for the next generation of the product to shine.

Workboard2019-07-04

"WorkBoard gives you the power to create an impact"

Current Employee - Product Design in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have had an awesome time working at WorkBoard -- have been with the company about 6-7 months now. I was looking for ownership and a fast pace and have gotten both of these. The product and design teams are deeply intertwined with each other which is a culture that I prefer, so that design and user research is at the forefront of the product roadmap and product strategy. I have been given a lot of opportunity...

Cons

Some things are still pretty scrappy and the processes aren't quite there yet, but you get to grow these. I think you have to be brave and willing to roll up your sleeves to work here, it's not really a kickback kind of job. Being able to see the value the product provides is important to feeling empowered and to enjoying the job.

Advice to Management

Keep creating a customer centered culture and grow the product and design teams :)

Workboard2019-06-24

"Learning, loving it"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

-- Super focused on customers with unique approach. Awesome to work closely with happy customers! -- Great new team additions in the last 6-9 months. They add skill/capacity and are great to work with -- Office vibe and location are great -- Sales team is crushing it

Cons

-- Fast growth company so everyone is moving fast; need to be self motivated and have a natural sense of urgency to thrive here -- CEO is super busy, wish she had more time to engage/mentor

Advice to Management

-- Focus on great hires and culture fit, not fast hires (don't repeat the hiring mistakes in Q1) -- More like Mike!

Workboard2019-02-25

"High growth company with incredible career advancement opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Incredible growth trajectory and a lot of company momentum - Brilliant founders with the right vision - Mentorship and unlimited growth opportunities - Opportunity to work with very smart people to build a great company & solution

Cons

Things move at 100 miles per hour. I personally love the pace at which the company moves, learns and grows but it does have its challenges and growing pains. Processes are missing, but it gives you an opportunity to create and pave the path. Not for everyone.

Advice to Management

New additions to leadership have been phenomenal! Love where the company is headed and the opportunity ahead. Keep up the great work!

Workboard2018-10-23

"Experienced leadership solving a meaningful problem, great company to work for"

Current Employee - Director in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Management team is extremely experienced and provides high quality leadership. Bonus that they are also willing to mentor and nurture employees - Solving a real problem - with a framework (OKRs) that is fast gaining traction amongst companies of all sizes - Relatively small team and a fast growing business, so lots of opportunities to experiment & grow in different areas and develop diverse skill sets - Smart...

Cons

Appetite for learning, creativity & problem-solving skills needed

Advice to Management

You are at the intersection of an upcoming market trend, a robust product and amazing execution skills. Keep on doing what you are doing.

Workboard2018-10-17

"Great place for a miserable time"

I worked at Workboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

New office is nice Free and easy parking

Cons

Catty "inner circle" culture. You are either a bully or you get bullied.

Advice to Management

If you treated people better you wouldn't need to go on witch hunts and add positive reviews to bolster your score to make up for disgruntled ex-employees.

Workboard2018-11-01

"Run the opposite direction!"

I worked at Workboard full-time

Pros

Opportunity to hit the ground running. Nice location with free parking Opportunity to work with a few good people

Cons

I would give it zero stars if possible. The company claims their values are based on 5 C’s (Compassion, Commitment, Credibility, Community, and Creativity). What a joke. I find it hard to say that any of these are true when it comes to how they treat their employees. The CEO has zero compassion, she shows no respect to anyone. She will verbally tear you down in front of anyone and/or talk about you behind your back to...

Advice to Management

Look into executive coaching.

Workboard2018-10-12

"Voted most TOXIC place to work at"

I worked at Workboard full-time

Pros

Location is okay. There is always parking!

Cons

Just about everything. The core team is terrible. If you decide to join (which I hope you don't) you'll know who they are.

Workboard2018-09-28

"Huge opportunity, cool people, growing fast"

Current Employee - Exec in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Workboard full-time for more than a year

Pros

— connect with customers on a strategic and personal level, really helping others succeed — building experience, skills — scope of role and career opportunity — fantastic office space and location

Cons

— early stage and big vision, so there is a lot to do! — building team and processes still - have to be comfortable with ambiguity, inventing the best way to do something yourself.

Advice to Management

— keep hiring and building the leadership team so we have depth and breadth needed

Workboard2018-07-18