Workday Reviews | Glassdoor

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • None that I can really think of but the company is growing extremely fast which makes it hard to keep up with everything (in 22 reviews)

• Work-life balance can be a challenge (in 12 reviews)

"Great company, with some growing pains"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Great culture, good passionate people with a lot of energy and drive for what they do. Good collaborative environment

Cons

Getting a little too big too quickly has created a lot of pain points among teams. Reorganizations and changes call for a lot of travel from employees who shouldn't be travelling.

"Great place to work and grow"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Workday fosters a highly supportive environment that really puts employees first. Work-life balance is excellent, including an unlimited PTO policy. Benefits are fairly good for comparable employers. The company is quickly on the rise! Company events occur often and are awesome. One of the best places to start your career!

Cons

Pay is a bit low compared to other companies. Benefits aren’t as flashy as other companies but covers about everything you need. The company is growing quick so management is strained at times. Product is large with many stakeholders so it takes a little more effort to effect change.

Advice to Management

Encourage and help employees share some of their work to the public. Workday is working on hard problems - and the world should know about our great talent.

Bump up the pay when possible to retain top talent. Love almost everything about Workday except the pay.

3. "Wday Review"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

Culture
    Core Values
    People
    Company Growth
    . . . . .

Cons

Location
    Work
    Career Opportunities
    Company Growth
    No Feels . . . . .

4. "Fun, Innovative, and Growing"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

* People are great
    * Fun - Great America, Halloween, etc.
    * Community - Giving & Doing: Workday and employees are heavily invested in volunteering both time and money to make our communities better.
    * Innovation - Not settling on being one of the leaders in the SaaS space.

Cons

* Execution - Too tactical. Needs a better balance between strategy and tactics.
    * Decision Making - Push down decisions. Too many decisions need senior management.

Advice to Management

Continue to focus on improving mid-level management and pushing decisions to the right level. Keep focusing on agile operations, but make sure stakeholders and communication are not lost.

5. "Product Manager"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Culture at Workday is good

Cons

Low Pay is frustrating to the employees.

6. "Internal Tools Software Engineering Intern"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

- Great company culture, very laid back and fun
    - You learn A LOT. Didn't know too many technologies or tech frameworks outside of what they teach you in school, but Workday definitely changed that
    - Great intern program
    - Free housing

Cons

- Sometimes can seem too laid back, like there's a lack in drive/motivation from the people that work there

"Employees are a Core Value and they mean it!"

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been impressed with how Workday leaders and employees live and breath the core values. Very customer focused!! We are growing at a high rate and growing pains are natural. Everyone seems to acknowledge them and focused on getting the company to the right place. Strong sense of "team" and wanting everyone to be successful.

Cons

As long as we stay focused on our scale we should continue to be fantastic!

"Fun place to work"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Management cares about its workers and is flexible.

Cons

The processes and work feel outdated.

"Work in progress"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A major player in the HCM world, and coming in strong to the financials world keeps you at the forefront of the industry.

Also, Workday really does care about its people. The salaries are good, great benefits (healthcare, PTO, stocks, etc.) and they have many perks - like discount services in the area, and their snack program.

Cons

It can be hard to get things done with the politicking. Workday seems to be so concerned with hurting someone's feelings / admitting mistakes in hiring that the bad apples tend to stick around for years. You just have to keep working around them, and in many cases cleaning up their messes to get your job done.

Advice to Management

The hiring practices need help: too many times I've seen people come in who presented well / had flashy resumes only to get into the trenches with them to find out that they know almost nothing about how to do the job they were hired for - even after EXTENSIVE training / assistance. Frankly, it would appear that many have misrepresented their achievements at other companies so they would get the Workday job. As the hiring decision is often made by the department managers who have head count open it would benefit all concerned if they got a crash course on how to read / evaluate job candidates better as the interview guidelines you send out don't seem to be cutting it.

Also, with regards to the perks: snacks and multiple yearly events are nice, but I would prefer to see the employee programs budget reimagined so it contributes a bit more to quality of life rather than just entertainment. Such as Ott lighting or better natural lighting in the offices (those fluorescents make working in the office very tiring), better seating (our desks keep getting smaller and smaller with each floor plan shuffle), or shuttles from the high populated Workday employee cities - San Jose, Concord,/Walnut Creek, etc. Yes, these are all big expenses, but I'd gladly trade the gifted Coke, Cheese Nips, Halloween Party, etc. for more me-time to read or listen to music to and from work each day.

"One of the Best Places I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been w the company almost 3 years. Senior management is great. They talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to the company's core values. I feel empowered at Workday. They reward hard work. Plus the FUN culture is icing on the cake.

Cons

The learning curve as a new employee can be challenging. Overall pace of change can be staggering. New product releases every 6 months. As a consultant, you have to meet utilization and work on training which means training is usually done after hours and weekends.

Advice to Management

More focus on diversity at all levels of management.