Workday Reviews | Glassdoor

Workday CEO, Co-Founder & Chairman Aneel Bhusri
Aneel Bhusri

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demands on work life balance can often times create a challenge (in 11 reviews)

• None that I can really think of but the company is growing extremely fast which makes it hard to keep up with everything (in 10 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great company culture and top-notch engineers"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

If anything, Workday is great at three things - having fun, rewarding talent, and creating a great product. The engineering staff is brilliant and great ideas are rewarded and embraced by management. The engineering culture is 'no divas, no cowboys' and this encourages teams to cultivate growth in new members as opposed to isolating them in the shadow of senior team members. Workday engineers are less concerned with job titles and more concerned about collaborating to create a stellar product which we can all truly believe in.

Cons

As is the case with cloud computing, there are a lot of moving parts which make up the Workday product, and many of them are Workday proprietary. So, if you do not like to learn new things, this might not be the job for you. But if you love being on the cutting edge of tech and enjoy new challenges, then you will thrive.

Advice to Management

Management is doing a stellar job - they take team building seriously and they have very stringent hiring processes which ensure that we only hire the best.

Workday Response

Oct 31, 2016 – Workday Representative

Thanks for your review!

"I love Workday - I have the shirts to prove it!!!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Berwyn, PA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Berwyn, PA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Culture, Technology, market conditions, leadership, customers, swagg (I've got about a dozen shirts already!)

Cons

None - this company is fantastic to work! They treat you well but expect you to work hard (which is fair). You can't hide here and just 'punch the clock' as they will weed you out. but if you work hard you'll be treated very well!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing guys!!!

"Great company"

Current Employee - Integration Consultant
    Current Employee - Integration Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Great company culture, work-life balance, benefits

Cons

upward growth is a bit hard

4. "Great culture and work!"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

Everyone was open and welcoming and very helpful! They definitely care about their employees!

Cons

I can't think of any.

5. "Developer Intern"

Former Intern - Developer Intern in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Intern - Developer Intern in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Amazing work culture environment
    - Housing and competitive pay provided
    - Exciting internship events
    - Workday encourages life/work balance
    - Unlimited supply of snacks and caffeine
    - Friendly & welcoming atmosphere

Cons

- Depending on what department you work for it can be hard to stand out since there is so many other interns
    - Recruiters don't encourage you to pursue other opportunities for other departments other than theirs
    - Workday HQ is located in Pleasanton which can get boring at times, but San Francisco is only around 40 minutes away on the Bart

Advice to Management

I understand you're busy, but try to check in with each intern at least once a week to see how they're doing.

"Great talent organization"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

I've been at Workday for some time now and I have to say, I'm excited about what's going on in talent acquisition.

1. Up until now, goals and expectations haven't been clear. I feel there's support to ensure (despite tough conversations), we have clear goals and objectives that bring together capacity, speed and experience.

2. Management has been supportive of my learning opportunities from an upcoming summit to bring all 100+ of us together to hear ground breaking speakers to building better practices and skills to really compete for the best.

3. I know tough conversations are hard, but I appreciate that direction and guidance has been clearer than ever. Some of it is hard to accept, but with reflection, I realize change isn't easy, but necessary.

Ultimately, the pros are really pointed at the fact that I am respected, we are having better conversations to collaborate and there is huge investment in my learning opportunities.

I also feel Workday as a whole has a great story to tell. Comparing to other software providers (new and old), I feel Workday's value proposition is clear. We are disrupting the human capital space, and now leveraging the power of data and transactions to help other applications and companies solve really hard problems.

Cons

There's always room for improvement in any company and I have to say the big area of opportunity is that management/leadership in talent acquisition needs to be more determined and outspoken about why we are transforming and what's the big win at the end of the tunnel.

That said, I am really excited to be part of this journey, and although there have been huge changes in the recent months, I have to say it's kind of exciting to be part of, probably, one of the biggest talent transformations in the industry.

Advice to Management

Please keep the changes in talent moving forward. I like the fact that I know where I stand, there's huge investment in skills development and I appreciate the respect that's in place right now.

7. "Internship experience"

Former Intern - Software Applications Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Intern - Software Applications Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

Amazing and caring management, great HR team, everyone believes in the company's vision and core values. Workday definitely takes care of its employees.

Cons

Most app dev roles require you to use XpressO, their proprietary language.

8. "App Dev Intern Review"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

-Full time employees were friendly and very eager to help
    -Laid-back atmosphere
    -Good selection of free snacks!

Cons

-Could be more interaction between intern teams

9. "Great atmosphere"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

Smart people, great culture, balanced work hours

Cons

Nothing I can think of!

10. "Internship"

I worked at Workday as an intern

Pros

Great company, everyone is very nice

Cons

No cons the company is great