Workday Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demands on work life balance can often times create a challenge (in 11 reviews)

• None that I can really think of but the company is growing extremely fast which makes it hard to keep up with everything (in 10 reviews)

"Started great but constant management changes broke it"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- good benefits
    - laid-back environment although it depends on the team

Cons

- as others said, you need to know the right people to advance in career
    - career management is non-existent (poor goal setting, limited career discussions, only formal evaluations without defining a clear career path)
    - no clear definition of who does what and therefore your title/level in the organization is all that matters for your voice to be heard
    - high-level management changes that negatively affect day to day operations

Advice to Management

- stop hiring more and more senior management and focus on hiring experts to fix your problems
    - clearly define roles and responsibilities
    - not having a formal performance review process only works if you are confident that 100% of people managers are comfortable engaging with their direct reports on a regular basis

"Fun place to work"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Management cares about its workers and is flexible.

Cons

The processes and work feel outdated.

3. "Senior software engineer"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Benefits, people, career, facilities and community sense

Cons

No cons, it's really good company

"Sales is a Science but People are afraid to disagree with leadership for fear of losing their stock/job."

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Simplistic HR technology that does the basics that HR orgs have needed for so long. Stock price is crazy high without profitability.

Cons

Financials is not ready and will never be ready for big complex organizations. Workday makes companies conform to them versus companies keeping what is makes them special and great. So many leaders remain in place because they are part of the club and performance is bad. If you are not in the club, you are disposable. If you have complex payroll requirement, unions, clinical workers tread cautiously. Customers are suffering as the bloom of the pretty flower wears off. Speak to real customers and the truth will prevail..

Advice to Management

Look in mirror leadership and ask yourself if actions match the culture you brag about. People are evil and cruel and will stab you in back to protect themselves for fear of Execs and other leaders. Truly care about people. Many Leaders year after year never make number but survives because they are in the club.

"One of the Best Places I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been w the company almost 3 years. Senior management is great. They talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to the company's core values. I feel empowered at Workday. They reward hard work. Plus the FUN culture is icing on the cake.

Cons

The learning curve as a new employee can be challenging. Overall pace of change can be staggering. New product releases every 6 months. As a consultant, you have to meet utilization and work on training which means training is usually done after hours and weekends.

Advice to Management

More focus on diversity at all levels of management.

"Great Company- Talent Acquisition morale at an all time low and no longer cohesive"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I love Workday, I love the people and up to recently the values.
    Workday has a great company culture with an exciting and emerging product range. I truly believe our founders and CEO's David and Aneel believe in the company’s values as do most of great people I have had the pleasure of working with. While challenges naturally exist when you are partnering with business stakeholders I can say without hesitation that recruiters in Workday are respected and valued by business partners/hiring managers. This review is not something I could ever have imagined writing abut Workday.

Cons

Previous leadership team was not perfect; many of us were excited for the next stage TA and the new challenges ahead with new leadership. While not perfect I must say we had transparency and a clear road map of our goals. Morale was high and 90% of us were committed to delivering above and beyond for our hiring managers. The goals were challenging but we faced them as a team. Many of us faced long hours and we were extremely busy but we didn’t care because we had a united team and believed we were a key cog in creating one of the greatest companies on earth.

In contrast the last 8 months have seen a gradual decline in morale, team cohesiveness and job security. We no longer feel like we provide a valuable contribution to the growth of this awesome company and now feel like a cost to the business. Permanent team members feel their job security is diminished and that their contribution over the last few years has been forgotten; some vocally and others privately are actively looking for new roles. Contract employees who joined believing that if they contributed they could have an amazing future here now feel that their stay is temporary. New managers and old have been asked to promote and implement new goals in our “transformation” without any road map or idea of how it will happen in reality.

The toughest part of the current set up is that we are becoming less motivated, less willing to go the extra yard for the company and it is our partners and hiring managers who will be impacted. Unfortunately it is very easy to create “wins” and a perception of successes when the reality is we are suffering and it will impact how we deliver to our customers and promote Workday to our candidates in the medium and long term.

Advice to Management

Create SMART goals, provide guidance and training to TA leaders so they can be more confident, consistent and enable us to raise our standards

Treat all employees’ INCLUDING contract employees with dignity and appreciation. We are on the front line telling the Workday story, also the valley is a small community.

Workday Response

Sep 8, 2017 – Workday Representative

Thank you for your review. We value your feedback and will absolutely keep it in mind. Providing our TA team with a rewarding career experience is a priority—at Workday, we put employees first—and we... More

"Workday"

Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoy being part of the growth and offering customers value and a new way of managing their companies.

Cons

"at least 5 words for Cons"... but im just following instructions here...

"Do not walk from a sales position- RUN!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Account Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Product, good people, fun events, nice snacks.

Cons

-Continue to over hire AE's and shrink territories - Ask for the Account Executive churn rate.
    -Micro-management is the norm
    -Sales goals are high and unattainable - less then 10% are even close to their Quota or OTE.
    -Extremely high implementation costs making solution close to impossible to sell.

Advice to Management

Stop hiring new sales executives until at least 20% of your AE's are at least hitting 50% of their number.

"AWESOME EMPLOYER!!!"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

I've worked for several employers and Workday is an AMAZING place to work. The company's leadership is top notch and they live/breath their company values: employees, customer service, integrity, innovation, fun, and profitability.

I can't speak highly enough about working here!

Cons

The company is experiencing rapid growth so there have been some roadbumps along the way - this is to be expected with ANY rapidly growing business. However, there are lots of employee surveys and management has a genuine interest in smoothing over those roadbumps.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and don't stray from what's made us successful so far!

"Great Company"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Snacks
    Work Environment
    Flexibility
    Great Management
    Bagels
    Onsite Activities
    Summer Picnic

Cons

401k match is standard
    No other Cons