Workday Employee Reviews | Glassdoor

Workday Reviews

Updated February 19, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Friendly atmosphere and work-life balance (in 58 reviews)

• Great culture & transparency from executives (in 40 reviews)

Cons
  • Demands on work life balance can often times create a challenge (in 12 reviews)

• No free meals like other companies in the Bay Area (in 17 reviews)

"Unbeatable culture"

Current Employee - Department Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Department Coordinator in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

The culture is unbeatable. It definitely falls under the "tech company with a ping pong table" bay area stereotype, but it's so much more than that. I feel comfortable raising ideas to my team. I know I am supported by my management. Genuinely, everyone I work with really cares, all the way up to the top (because this is the kind of place where you see the CEO walking around campus). Truly amazing. I love it here.

Cons

I wish I made more money but I think I could say that no matter where I worked or how much money I made.

Advice to Management

Continue connecting with your team. Spend the 5 minutes before a meeting asking how everyone is doing. This is prevalent, but I'd love to see more of it.

Jan 17, 2017 – Workday Representative

Thank you for your review!

"Sr. Account Executive"

Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great product, the evolution of ERP will begin with Workday.

Cons

Lack of recognition and professional development.

Advice to Management

Find leaders from outside of the industry, don't pull in leadership from the competition, it just continues the vicious cycle.

Jan 17, 2017 – Workday Representative

Thank you for your feedback; we definitely value it and will keep this in mind. Providing our employees with a rewarding career experience through recognition and professional development is ... More

"Workday's Culture is tanking"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

- Lots of smart people
    - Fun work
    - Good location

Cons

- Culture has gotten so bad they're reverting to brainwashing us into thinking it's good
    - Bad, bad, bad choices in management
    - Huge promotion inequities

Advice to Management

An entire company meeting trying to make us feel like we're focused on making a great culture? Really? Actions speak louder than words.

Jan 17, 2017 – Workday Representative

Thank you for your review. We’re very sorry to hear that you feel this way, and we will do everything in our power to try and make this right for you. If you have any questions regarding the ... More

"Great place to work !"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of fun and opportunities ! Good management, at least in my team, can't speak of others.

Cons

None that I can think of now.

"Company Culture is great, but challenging Work-Life Balance"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company culture is strong and clearly important to Senior Leadership and that flows down thru management. The management style is collaborative and as a result, the politics of many companies this size doesn't seem to be as prevalent at Workday.

Cons

Work-life balance is not as easy as it should be. While no one is saying you must stay late or work into the evenings / weekends when home, the company is growing so fast and hiring isn't keeping pace. To get the job done - it often means long hours.

Advice to Management

Continue with the open communication and focusing on keeping the company culture! But also keep employee retention in mind as business decisions are made - the learning curve is long for developers and many of the young ones seem to be on the fence about how long they are going to stay.

7. "Great Global Opportunities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Workday is growing fast in the markets outside the US and providing good career opportunities in many new geographies markets. Good opportunities in sales, services and support in the field operation. Teams in new markets get to work across multiple functional areas.

Cons

Working in offices outside of the corporate headquarters can be a challenge, but the management team does make the effort to communicate to and visit remote offices.

Advice to Management

Maintain the focus on employees and customers, as well as growth outside of North America.

8. "Great place to grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic place, very strong culture based on collaboration, employees, innovation and doing the right thing for the customer

Cons

Some employees confuse a culture based on taking care of employees, which is great, with accepting low performance. Fun is corporate value of Workday that should be always tied with success: Success in developing great products, in driving customer satisfaction, in winning against our competitors, etc.

Advice to Management

Keep the focus on the culture and on a clear vision to transform the enterprise applications market

"Peaceful place to work"

I worked at Workday full-time

Pros

Work-life balance is important here
    Decent pay
    Peaceful place
    Everyone here i very nice and will help you if you ask

Cons

Although everyone is nice, the people here are definitely not very ambitious or motivating.
    This is a good company to settle down and earn a good paycheck with benefits, but if you are young and ambitious, you may feel a little restrained at Workday.

Advice to Management

Workday is very fast growth and I think they do not have very high standards in hiring managers in order to accommodate the fast growth, so a few bad ones make it as a manager. Maybe try to weed out less competent managers no matter how nice or kind they are.

10. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company lives its core values better than any previous employer, which is very much appreciated. The culture focuses on being a best place to work for its employees and being excellent at truly partnering with customers. Life long learners fit in best at Workday. Employees need to enjoy learning and teaching because the product continues to change and evolve. Ramp up period to contribute is longer than most other companies, so potential employees need to be ok with being uncomfortable for 6-9 months.

Cons

I have been trying to find the cons for over a year, but have yet to find anything substantive. Not perfection, but Workday strives to create a great culture.

Advice to Management

Making employees, customers and culture higher priorities than profitability initially will in the long run lead to a very profitable company. Continue living the Workday values.

"The culture is truly one of a kind"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly, cooperative work environment. Managers actually care about your career path, and encourage movement and progress. The products are above Oracle and SAP, so selling Workday comes easily. Awesome CEO and Founder.

Cons

I don't really have cons about the business itself, but unless you're interested in Human Capital Management or Financial software systems, it's hard to find passion in the work. Luckily, Workday takes care of that with being an awesome company, which adds passion for just being there.

Advice to Management

Keep the culture alive. It's a natural progression to become more corporate and structure as we grow, but our core values are what makes us different.