Workday Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0

"Employee friendly company"

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good benefits and working environment. Management is great.

Cons

Technology is not open. Usage beyond workday is doubtful.

Workday2019-09-13
  2. "Great work life balance, fun work"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work life balance, fun team and managers really seem to care about you and your happiness. If you want to work harder, your manager will definitely help you. If you’re interested in other projects and technologies, your manager will do his/her best to help you out. Overall, it’s a great place to learn from smart engineers, and grow as a person.

Cons

No free lunch, but there is a lot of on campus dining options that makes it okay.

Workday2019-09-16
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Unlike any other company"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

This place truly values its employees and their ideas. The amount of investment in our workmates is a huge differentiator. Employees are given many career development opportunities. Management is held to very high standards and go through comprehensive training to make sure they align to and live by Workday's core values.

Cons

Finding the "right fit" in candidates will continue to be challenging as we grow. Just being talented, accomplished, driven isn't enough to have a great career at Workday. It's about how you treat others and collaborate to succeed.

Advice to Management

Continue evangelizing our core values message. Any company can make money, but it takes truly special people to do so with humility and integrity!

Workday2019-09-09

"Avoid This Place"

Current Employee - Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's lots of hype about it being a great place to work.

Cons

I've been at Workday five months. It's a total disaster. Most of the employees I've encountered seem to have no idea what they're doing or how a business works. This extends to managers. To make it worse, the more ignorant, the more arrogant. I have never seen anything like it in my 20+ years working. There is also rampant nepotism and petty politics that makes for a toxic environment. Give serious thought to what... you're getting into before you accept a job here.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employee surveys and stop obsessing over ratings by outside organisations. I am really concerned by what I see. I think you should be too if you want this company to survive. Also, why the emphasis on OKR's? No one has yet communicated to me a single OKR.

Workday2019-09-05

"Good Company But not Excellent"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with. Great work life balance.

Cons

Bad management when it comes to promote people who deserve it. Managers do not take employee feedback seriously. If you are an app dev and using XO then good luck if you want . to find a new job somewhere else.

Advice to Management

Directors need to watch managers on how they treat their employees.

Workday2019-07-02

"No opportunities..."

Current Employee - Presales

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are some great people. But an equal amount of not so great who bring down the culture.

Cons

No opportunities to have any sort ownership on deals unless you are one of a handful of people in Presales who leadership has decided to develop. Sales and leadership have selective hearing and don’t value ideas or opinions of all team members. No diversity, especially in sales. Mostly white males 30s-50s. Depending on who you are assigned to work with, can often be a hostile work environment. If you have one off... day at a meeting, expect to be given zero to minimal opportunities for a foreseeable future, and especially not with any sort of deal ownership/leadership capacity. Sales Club for Presales is a joke. Except not to be told about not making Club until Sales Kickoff when you’re forced to sit in the back of the room for keynotes and other speakers.

Workday2019-09-10
  8. "Software Development Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Unlimited pto, fully stocked kitchen, free beer, unlimited soda/snacks, 401K, company events, free gym membership, Great Place To Work #4

Cons

No catered lunch (regularly) which sucks! Benefits are above average for tech though

Workday2019-08-22

"Revenge of the Nerds"

Former Employee - Csd in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time

Pros

Being one of the first 500 employees, I got to see how a Enterprise Software Company was built from the ground up. At the time, Workday was the only company its size delivering Cloud Products. Back then, the industry was fighting change and its interesting to see how the climate has changed. Being involved at such an early process, I was able to see how many systems and processes were implemented.

Cons

Looking back years later on my experience as a CSD in the early days, there are still some things I am still processing. Years later, I am able to accept the the fact public beratings were normal and accepted. I am even able to accept the fact that my manager at the time couldn't even name all 50 states the team was responsible for calling into. I even came to grips with the fact the marketing team was sloppy... with messaging and email campaigns. Years later, what I still cant wrap my head around is the fact that I witnessed "corporate professionals" well into their 40s and 50s use Workday as their second chance at being popular. I felt like I was witnessing a bad fraternity. People would tell stories about he old Peoplesoft days and refer to themselves as Rockstars. Employees would name drop and badmouth each other like they were fighting to be in some sort of inner circle. Employees would vacation together, and get their unqualified family members hired. Being recently out of college, the entire culture seemed very pathetic. I had to ask myself, did any of these people have a social circle outside of Workday? Did they have any hobbies? Was Workday their only means of self esteem?

Advice to Management

Promote a life outside of Workday. Make new friends, pick up a new hobby.

Workday2019-08-30

"Great Culture and Great People"

Current Employee - Workplace Coordinator

I have been working at Workday full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really have nothing negative to say about the people I work with which is quite a feat!

Cons

I wish there were more clear opportunities for career development. We are very much responsible for seeking this out on our own and are not always encouraged as coordinators to seek roles outside of workplace.

Workday2019-08-11

"Culture is changing - Still good place to be at"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

*Product is best in class but competitors are catching up *An AE is not competing with other internal reps for budget *Every HR department knows you

Cons

*Turnover in field management - hired outside from other big tech firms - changed strategy and culture *The market is tougher - Competitors are getting better and in some spaces are head and shoulders above *Experience is totally manager dependent

Advice to Management

Careful about culture. It was amazing when I started but it has been eroded as the majority of field sales management has left - and the new regime is moving towards the general strategy of the bigger competitors.

Workday2019-08-08