Workday Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated September 18, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Demands on work life balance can often times create a challenge (in 11 reviews)

• None that I can really think of but the company is growing extremely fast which makes it hard to keep up with everything (in 10 reviews)

"WORST Manager EVER"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Workday (Less than a year)

Pros

Great workspace, employees are friendly, theres a lot that goes on in relation to events / parties.

Cons

I enjoyed almost everything about Workday, however I had one of the worst managers in my whole life. A manager that would insult people behind their back and laugh with them in their face. Every idea that i suggested or brought forward, this manager ignored and neglected them. Favoritism was my managers core value. Only trusted and gave opportunities to favorites. Finally the experience i had with my manager went from professional to personal. This person had very unfair way of treating me.

Advice to Management

People are not a projects, people are humans, stop being heartless, stop having favorites in the team and listen to your employees in the team not just the ones you like.

"Feeling Neglected"

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Coworkers, Worklife Balance, Core Values, Benefits, Executive Leadership Team

Cons

Managers do not have enough time for their employees. They are spread too thin. Often missing 1:1s or cutting them short. The only time I can get a hold of my manager is during our 1:1s and sometimes not even then.

Advice to Management

Consider reducing team sizes to eliminate the occurrence of managers not having enough time for their employees.

"I would only work in sales at Workday if you have a manager you trust."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Dallas, TX

I worked at Workday full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Strong CEO, focused product team, disruptive product in HCM, opportunity to make good money, good health benefits, paid gym membership for remote employees

Cons

Sales leadership was constantly changing. Three different VP's in 11 months. I would only work here if your direct manager is someone you trust and will give you the time it takes to get your deals off the ground. On average it takes 1.5-2 yrs to close a deal. There are way too many AE's covering to few accounts. All the low hanging fruit is covered and it still takes a very long time to close those deals. As much as they talk about Workday core values they do not apply to sales. AE's are way to competitive with each other because they are desperate to close a deal. Not very collaborative. Managers work on deals independently of their AE's. Seems crazy. I don't understand why they don't assign them to an AE and focus on managing, leading and supporting their team.

Advice to Management

Be realistic with AE's about the sales cycle and process. If you believe you are hiring people that are great cultural fits for Workday make sure their managers are there to support them.

"Marketing Director"

Former Employee - UK Marketing Director in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - UK Marketing Director in London, England (UK)

I worked at Workday (Less than a year)

Pros

Workday is a fantastic organisation, great product and great leadership. Incredibly professional and friendly marketing team.

Cons

There really isn't anything I can think of complaining.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you do best

"Quality Assurance Engineer"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

The culture and the people

Cons

I still have not found a con to this company

"Best place I ever worked at!"

Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Solutions Consultant in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Amazing team of talented and driven professionals.
    -Fantastic YOY growth
    -Simply the best business platform on the market, hands down
    -Lots of career options, you constantly meet people who have tried at least 2 roles in the company.
    -Very high importance on employee satisfaction, amazing culture

Cons

-High growth so workload can sometimes be heavy but it's not worse than what i've seen elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Continue your effort to preserve this great culture, as the company grows exponentially.

"Smiley Face - and cats"

Current Employee - Applications Software Developer in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Applications Software Developer in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Workday (More than 3 years)

Pros

It's the best :D it's a great place to work

Cons

Nada nada nada nada nada

"Good comapny"

Pros

this company is very friendly and the interview was very easy. People help you whenever you need it and support you with everything you need.

Cons

there is no cons i find

"Great company, dysfunctional Talent Acquisition team."

Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall, the company is a good one. Our product offerings are best in our space, and the overall temperament of the company culture is above average. I also truly believe that our CEO's, Aneel and Dave, genuinely believe in our core values. This review is solely based on the current Talent Acquisition team/leadership.

Cons

Previous leadership in Talent Acquisition, while it may not have been perfect, was unifying, empowering and positive. The team felt driven and supported. It was indeed a "great place to work." There was transparency in the communications out to the team, and consistency in their message, mission and the treating employees with fairness and integrity. There has been many changes within the last 6+ months, and the general consensus is that our current leads/leadership is impersonal, calculating and cold. There are managers who would be prefer to not have to manage people but who are forced to in order to move up the ranks, and there are managers who should not have been promoted to a lead role because of a lack of experience. Along with that, there is a reorg going on in the group, and lots of movement. Both contract employees and full time are being treated as if they are quite disposable and feeling very unappreciated and unnerved. Morale is at an all time low and the overall vibe is quite toxic. Even people who act as if they are content have their eye on the market. A lot of us that have been here awhile feel if it wasn't broke, why try to fix it? Talent Acquisition and HR seem to have lost our bearing and we need to get back to our core values of integrity, collaboration, putting our customers/candidates and our employees first.

Advice to Management

I would say more guidance and training to TA leadership on how to be more consistent, fair, positive and communicative. Treat all employees, regardless if they are contract or perm, with more humanity and appreciation. It's a small world and an even smaller valley, and recruiters tend to have very large
     networks and talk to a lot of people every day.

"Treated Like a Professional"

I have been working at Workday full-time

Pros

Given lots of independence and trust in terms of dress code, work dog program and schedule flexibility.
    People treat each other with respect and appreciation.

Cons

California is expensive for living.

Advice to Management

Reinforce with people across the company the freedoms that they have. People don't always reflect and appreciate that.