Cover image for Workday

4.3
Workday Co-Founder and co-CEOs Aneel Bhusri, Chano Fernandez
Aneel Bhusri, Chano Fernandez
1,661 Ratings

What people are saying about Workday

Join the conversation on

Consulting Salary Comparison

5m

works at

Workday

Trying to get a feel for salary expectations at somewhere like Accenture or Deloitte. Currently a Consulting Manager at Workday. Master of Arts in Organizational Management, 6 years experience Consulting, 1 year experience as a Consulting Manager. Prior to Consulting also 3 years of a leadership + 5 years non-leadership experience with different company. Total years in workforce = 15. What level might I qualify for at Deloitte or Accenture and what might Base+Bonus or Total Comp look like?

4 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The culture is great and from day one you can tell you are cared about as an individual.(in 343 reviews)
  • "great people and get(in 262 reviews)
  • "Benefits are great and plentiful.(in 179 reviews)
  • "Good work life balance and one of the top silicon valley company to work with.(in 178 reviews)
  • "They really know how to take care of their employees and want to strive to become #1 company to work for.(in 88 reviews)
Cons
  • "This is Tech so turnover is expected but bad managers erode teams and cripple the ability to function.(in 89 reviews)
  • "Revolving door of managers doesn't help and bad management choices have the sales teams focused on the wrong things.(in 73 reviews)
  • "Middle management is horrible!(in 25 reviews)
  • "Long hours but this is understandable given company's stage of growth(in 20 reviews)
  • "Employees are constantly bullied by upper management and it starts to affect the entire department morale.(in 14 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Workday and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best cultural fit for me

Mar 7, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in Amsterdam
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture is not a tick in the box but the owners actually believe the company has no reason to exist with the core values of the company. The technology is extremely strong. The market is the actual core business of our customers, hence you are very relevant to these customers.

Cons

The operational processes are a bit lagging the company growth, but that is being worked on.

18 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great Company

Nov 29, 2022 - Director in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance Employee friendly

Cons

There is none that I can share

3. Join the Workday team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 5.0

Amazing

Nov 28, 2022 - Cloud Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

really good to work here

Cons

not i can think of now

5. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing company!!!

Nov 28, 2022 - Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been at WD now for just shy of a year, and I've had the most amazing experience so far. The people here are amazing and always looking to lend a helping hand when needed. The culture at WD is also very impressive, and allows all employees and thrive and grow. The benefits package is also very strong, another sign the company cares about their employees. I hope to be hear for many, many years!

Cons

No gripes so far. I've been very impressed with management and their openess in communicating the business health and direction.

6. 5.0

Awesome place to work

Nov 22, 2022 - Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work Decent comp Great culture Strong future

Cons

Not has much of a “hip” technology

7. 5.0

Nov 20, 2022 - Software Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Culture and people are very helpful

Cons

The proprietary language can impact your skill set

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Feels like home

Nov 16, 2022 - CSD Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The best company I’ve ever worked for. The people are so nice and open. Everyone is intelligent and working towards the same goal.

Cons

Very woke. I refer to it as “wokeday” from time to time.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Former Employee

Friendly work culture

Nov 16, 2022 - Software Application Engineer Intern
    Business Outlook

Pros

- work culture - solid product

Cons

- proprietary language - proprietary language

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Excellent culture

Dec 1, 2022 - Principal Engineer in Pleasanton, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very friendly, supportive, strong development focus. Very kind culture

Cons

People hesitate to address poor performance and are too worried about being nice.

11. 3.0
    Former Employee

Cool to rest and vest but know that there’s a lack of growth and it’s a dead end.

Nov 21, 2022 - Field readiness architect
    Business Outlook

Pros

Depending on your org, you can rest and vest. Very chill and cushy since you have a ton of autonomy. Most people are cool, but quick to throw you under the bus if it means they can look good. Benefits package is solid, RSU, 401k match, office snacks,bonuses…

Cons

Dysfunctional leadership. I’m talking middle managers and their directors- it’s like watching a bunch of kids make up goals just for the heck of it so they can say they’ve actually delivered on their OKRs. Base salary is low vs others in the tech space, no room to grow. They say they drink their own champagne but that’s not the case.. Honestly, WD has gotten way too big and is terrible at retaining top talent. It’s no wonder there was a mass exodus of high level people. Those still there are underpaid for their role, but hey, they’re chillin right?

4 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 2,469 Reviews
</>Embed

Workday Reviews FAQs

Workday has an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5, based on over 2,805 reviews left anonymously by employees. 83% of employees would recommend working at Workday to a friend and 82% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Workday employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Workday. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

83% of Workday employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Workday 4.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.4 for culture and values and 4.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Workday to be career development, benefits, culture and the cons to be senior leadership, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Workday Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Workday? Share Your Experiences

Affiliated Companies

Workday Careers

Cover image for Workday

As a company, we seek market opportunity and impact. Your job is to bring your talent, passion, and authentic self to work. We’ll take care...More

• Our Values

Company Updates

Logo

29 days ago

Company News
We’re thrilled that Workday has been named as a Leader in the 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Cloud HCM Suites for 1,000+ Employee Enterprises. We believe being named as a Leader for the seventh consecutive year demonstrates that we consistently enable our customers with the power to adapt.
Shared image - Workday Named as a Leader for 7th Consecutive Year in 2022 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Cloud HCM Suites for 1,000+ Employee Enterprises
blog.workday.com

Workday Photos

+ Add Photo
Workday photo of: Workday Pleasanton Office
Workday photo of: Workmate &amp; Workdogs go hand in hand
Workday photo of: Workday Main Lobby
Workday photo of: At Workday, work-life balance is very important to us. We want to make sure your family feels like part of Workday.
Workday photo of: Our annual Workday Cangineering canned food sculpture contest
Workday photo of: Workmates spend the day packing meals for children at Kids Against Hunger
Workday photo of: Our fantastic booth team at HR Tech Europe in London

Salesforce

4.5

14,517 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 2,805 Workday reviews submitted anonymously by Workday employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Workday is right for you.