Workday Senior Consultant Reviews | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Senior Consultant

Workday Senior Consultant Reviews

Updated Dec 19, 2019

4.4
  1. "Wonderful place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great work life balance, paternity/maternity leave. Awesome people and awesome work environment

Cons

Sometimes have to work late? Sr Management gets lost sometimes

Workday2019-06-20
  2. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Senior Associate Consultant in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent work/life balance. Flexible time off. Socially responsible company.

Cons

Very flat organization. Not a ton of opportunities for vertical movement.

Advice to Management

Offer better guidance on other business functions within the company to empower employees to branch out and try a role they would've never considered in the past.

Workday2018-10-09

"Wonderful workplace, but sometimes disconnected"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing people. Product is loved by customers and is genuinely the best in its space. Management is generally qualified and knows their work. Remote work opportunities and flexibility.

Cons

Remote work comes with its own challenges, and often groups or individuals can feel very isolated or disconnected from the company at large. Far too many internal systems and communication platforms further confusing where to go for information.

Advice to Management

Simplify internal systems and communications, and look for more opportunities to engage your remote employees and their teams.

Workday2018-03-26

"Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant"

Former Contractor - Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant in Remote, OR

I worked at Workday for more than a year

Pros

Workday invests in their employees- I can say this even as a contractor I felt inclusive to the team overall. Strong commitment to providing best customer service to hiring managers as well as candidate experience. The team is very collaborative and overall it’s a great company culture, love the involvement of giving back to local communities with volunteering programs- impressive good people. Social employment branding is top notch.

Cons

Contractors are given 18 months employment and if a perm headcount doesn’t open up within this timeframe, you’re contract comes to an end- unfair to all involved as the company loses a great resource due to timing. The company hires many full time remote employees but in my opinion you’re set up for more career growth if you’re located near an office and can spend a couple days in the office. You will be asked to participate more versus those not near an office. This in a way makes sense but unfortunate for those that do enjoy having a seat at the table and can sometimes feel left out.

Advice to Management

Reconsider the 18 month contractor rule- disruptive to the business and sometimes you lose a great employee. The employee starts to feel discouraged and concerned towards the 13th month if no full time opportunity is in sight. This process should be managed better.

Workday2018-03-07
  5. "Workday"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful culture, opportunities, and benefits.

Cons

None, that I am aware of.

Advice to Management

None other than please continue the amazing work you do!

Workday2018-02-13

"One of the Best Places I've Ever Worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have been w the company almost 3 years. Senior management is great. They talk the talk and walk the walk when it comes to the company's core values. I feel empowered at Workday. They reward hard work. Plus the FUN culture is icing on the cake.

Cons

The learning curve as a new employee can be challenging. Overall pace of change can be staggering. New product releases every 6 months. As a consultant, you have to meet utilization and work on training which means training is usually done after hours and weekends.

Advice to Management

More focus on diversity at all levels of management.

Workday2017-08-31

"Senior Consultant"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Workday is a fun and challenging place to work. Everyone there is top talent; Workday does not waste its time with mediocrity. Expect to have a lot expected of you and to be surrounded by people who strive to better themselves and learn something new every day. Also, the work/life balance and flexibility is as good as it gets. Work from home whenever you need to, as long as you get your job done.

Cons

Workday is still a fairly new company and is still growing and learning. I think they need to focus on their benefits offering at their regional offices. Headquarters may have free parking, but in Boston it's pretty standard for a company of Workday's size to offer a commuter subsidy. However, only the pre-tax deduction is offered. The 401k match just started in 2016, which is great. But, I hope it grows to be more than the cap of a $3k match. Also, the company has an unlimited PTO policy, which is great for anyone who is NOT in the professional services part of the organization. In professional services, there are billable hours targets that must be met to receive your bonus, and they only give you a 3 week PTO "credit" (i.e. any PTO time or other non-billable time, including the mandatory training and meetings, over 3 weeks has to be made up to achieve your target).

Advice to Management

I would suggest that HR from headquarters in Pleasanton, CA participate in local HR networking and benchmarking groups to get a better sense of what types of benefits and other programs employers in the various regions are offering. I would also suggest they recognize their professional services employees both on billable hours AND how they do their work. As a company they focus heavily on customer satisfaction. However, professional services is only rewarded for how many hours they charge their customers.

Workday2017-05-12
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company lives its core values better than any previous employer, which is very much appreciated. The culture focuses on being a best place to work for its employees and being excellent at truly partnering with customers. Life long learners fit in best at Workday. Employees need to enjoy learning and teaching because the product continues to change and evolve. Ramp up period to contribute is longer than most other companies, so potential employees need to be ok with being uncomfortable for 6-9 months.

Cons

I have been trying to find the cons for over a year, but have yet to find anything substantive. Not perfection, but Workday strives to create a great culture.

Advice to Management

Making employees, customers and culture higher priorities than profitability initially will in the long run lead to a very profitable company. Continue living the Workday values.

Workday2016-12-22

"Good company but culture is slipping and pay is far below market avg"

Former Employee - Senior Integration Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Workday full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good people, excellent managers, company conferences are always a blast, straightforward review process, timely feedback from management, flexible schedule

Cons

Pay is far below market average for the bay area, career path can seem a little muddled at times, growth has diluted company culture, hiring has been hit and miss in the last couple years.

Advice to Management

It's time to update the salary bands or else high performant and otherwise happy employees will start to leave en masse. There is no reason that you can't pay competitively in this crucial time for the company.

Workday2016-07-25

"Human Capital Management company with mediocre HR leadership in the top roles"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Workday full-time for more than a year

Pros

Halloween party, location, Dave Duffield, snacks and the HCM product which still has some advantages in the market. The new building will be awesome.

Cons

Project timelines are slipping, ugly politics emerging. It's hard to stand up at orientation and tell new employees what our culture is at Workday. The CFO has been concerned about our commitment to becoming profitable last year which didn't happen. Why did he move to special projects? This new performance management process HR rolled out in product is complex, time consuming and we can't enable it. The company morale is declining and the leaders come out twice a year for a few hours at the fairgrounds. We need strong leadership to take us to the next phase. The current leaders are all so rich I think they have lost the drive to win. Dave Duffield -come back and get us back on track.

Advice to Management

Aneel - why aren't you surveying our people? No one is going to speak up because people fear for their jobs and know HR doesn't support the employee. You need to survey each function to learn about the effectiveness of the leadership team. Then take a look at the scores and hold your managers accountable to lead our company forward.

Workday2016-07-03