KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Workplace Options

Engaged Employer

Workplace Options

Add a Review

Workplace Options Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Jun 25, 2020

McKinsey & Company

132 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Some great people in the office (co(in 20 reviews)
  • "The pay was good for entry level employee.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great benefits and there is a gym(in 17 reviews)
  • "Great coworkers.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Also i was able to benefit from the new gym built to support employee wellness and personal training.(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management!(in 15 reviews)
  • "Your work won’t be recognized.. so regardless of how many hours or how much you improve..The managers don’t even speak to the employees.. like if that doesn’t raise a red flag then IDK.. the managers do a pissy job but want you to be patient with them because their new but won’t even be patient with new employees… WEIRD 3/10.(in 9 reviews)
  • "We are expected to work more, but they have decreased bonuses, taken away our 401K matching and they don't give raises.(in 7 reviews)
  • "There are no raises or pay increases and it is difficult to advance within the company so you'll likely always be stuck at an entry level position.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Workplace Options and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Very fair, very positive place to work

Dec 2, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

The work environment is great. People are respectful and the work that we do makes a positive impact on people's lives. The benefits are also great. Free gym access to all employees in Raleigh, discounted vending options that are actually pretty good, and there are a ton of services that provide work-life and emotional support for employees at all levels.

Cons

Because of the nature of the business, the company is open 24/7/365. There aren't a lot of dedicated company holidays simply because some of us need to be on call to answer the phones.

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Lack of transparency and underpaid employees

Aug 24, 2017 - Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great employees make the company's shortfalls bearable. -Fun work environment -On-site gym and personal training

Cons

-Salaries below market average, while requests for raises are met with being told about pay freezes. -High turnover -While management prides themselves on being innovative or cutting edge, that is little more than smoke and mirrors. -Major restructuring seems to occur every 2-3 years -Lack of transparency from management -Reducing US staff to hire more employees globally at lower pay rates -Employees are often promoted from within into areas where they have minimum experience. While they may have great basic skills for a position, little will be done to help them develop themselves professionally.

3 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Positive and collaborative work environment

Jan 20, 2022 - Senior Account Manager in London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

- great colleagues and work environment - Flexible working - Fruit & Sandwich man - Great Management - SAM conferences

Cons

- Progression is really slow

4. 3.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Decent pay, decent environment

Aug 11, 2021 - Financial Consultant in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

For a call center they pay well. The environment is pretty easy going as far as the people you work with.

Cons

It is a very repetitive job. You have to do everything the way the organization wants on each call which gets annoying as some of their procedures are not necessary.

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

I would give no stars if I could

Dec 21, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the people who have worked here, but competent people don't stick around long.

Cons

Too many to list. Could care less about their employees, quality of service, customers, etc. The smart employees see right through management's deceptive practices and leave. If they could hire robots to work with people in distress, they would. Basically, if you can spell your own name you'll be hired, but beyond that any living breathing monkey will do. I know of many dissatisfied customers because of the area I work in, but all management cares about is who they can blame. They need to take a good long look in the mirror! There are people in leadership/management positions that would never even be considered at a reputable company. It is a highly toxic environment and I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone to work at or do business with.

5 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee

Pros

Great team. Small work environment. Know what expected of me. Constantly learning new things about the company and new skills

Cons

More training needed for certain areas

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Positive Company Culture and Engaging Work Environment

Jun 10, 2020 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Fantastic work environment. WPO really focuses on employee engagement and making sure everyone feels just as important as the next. - Great Benefits! We strive to include benefits that are competitive in today's market: increasing PTO days each year of employment, 401K company match, onsite gym with wellness perks, exchange program, etc. - Work Life Balance: I think we do a good job of maintaining work life balance for all employees when it comes to employee engagement, hours, and compensation.

Cons

- We do have multiple office locations along a Highwoods Blvd so it does spread us out a bit. BUT we are encouraged to take walks each day so it is a great excuse to go see a colleague across the street!

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Former Employee

Prior Reviews Were Telling... Wish I Had Listened

Aug 23, 2018 - Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Co-workers were great people and easy to get along with. They made the job bearable, for a while anyway.

Cons

The work environment here is truly dreadful. I remember reading some of the bad reviews before accepting the job offer, and it turns out they were justified. Management was very vague on why the office is less than half the size it used to be, although it seems clear former staff all 'left' within a fairly short period of time and it seems to correlate with a change in management. It also seems they have been desperately hiring ever since, and I can see why. I was hired along with one other person who left within two-weeks of taking the job. Wish I had taken their advice and left with them. Management is definitly micromanage-y in the worst and most unhelpful kind of ways. My trainer was also needlessly combative in a few situations, which added to the uncomfortable working environment. Interactions with management were often fake, shallow and disingenuous, which I honestly think reflects much of the the company as well. The work was extremely boring, and I was often left for hours with nothing to do but read policy handbooks. They really talk up the helping service members thing at first, but it becomes apparent pretty quickly that interaction is minimal and never genuine. In short, the work is ungratifying, and I don't think I could recommend it to anyone who isn't a robot. A highlight for me was when I was on the phone with a social service worker, who asked me what it was my company did. After giving them a fairly scripted response, they replied with: 'So, you don't really do anything, do you?' I felt obligated to defend myself, and by extent WPO, but I realized it only felt bad because it was the truth. TL;DR: If someone reaches out to you on Indeed and offers you a job on a silver platter, there's probably a good reason why. Don't make the same mistake I did.

11 people found this review helpful