Workscape Reviews | Glassdoor

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Workscape President, CEO and Director Tim Clifford
Tim Clifford

1. "Great culture - like a family."

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, not afraid to try new technologies. A positive family atmosphere with good work-life balance, at least in product development.. People listen for the most part.

Cons

Not so good balance if you are supporting clients September thru November. Needs better planning to avoid the busy season.

Advice to Management

Not sure the big company ADP is such a good thing for our culture.

"Senior Manager"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Coral Gables, FL

Pros

Senior management have good intentions............

Cons

No follow through, poor organizational structure, poorly set up financial system (Khameleon), disjointed leadership, poor communication......

"Horrible - Just horrible"

Former Employee - Assistant in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Assistant in Marlborough, MA

I worked at Workscape full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Co-workers are amazing - Like any disaster, you stick together to survive.

Cons

Management is HORRIBLE and embarrassing! I pity clients of this company who are LIED to continuously!! Instead of admitting mistakes, or failure to meet deadlines - clients (and employees) are lied to (directly!) I witnessed this myself several times. I was just horrified. When a manager comes along who has integrity and refuses to lie they are FIRED (called a reduction in workforce), they seem to have alot of those!

Advice to Management

Grow up and start acting like businessmen and women!

"Very unorganized"

Former Employee - Java Developer in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Java Developer in Marlborough, MA

Pros

With the ADP acquisition, I anticipate a lot of growth and increased budgets/customers. I felt it was a "stable" place to work.

Cons

Not sure if the disorganization is due to the ADP acquisition, or just an aspect of the company, but they couldn't get anything straight.

The background check/drug screen took forever. When they couldn't verify an employer of over 4 years ago, they asked me for a W2 to prove I worked there. I do not keep tax information beyond 3 years. Long story short, they had me playing phone tag with people in Texas and New Jersey, some of which spoke such poor English I couldn't understand them. I eventually got it taken care of with no help from them.

Then no one was able to confirm my start date. It was literally a Friday before the Monday I was supposed to start, that someone finally confirmed I was supposed to show up or not.

This basically foreshadowed my time there. I was without a computer for 3 days, which is embarrassing sitting at an empty desk and an awful start for a Java Developer. Nothing got better as time went on.

5. "Great experience, welcoming atmosphere"

Former Employee - Intern in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Intern in Marlborough, MA

Pros

They are friendly, welcoming, provide valuable feedback, give interns interesting work, have a fun team environment, and excellent accessible management.

Cons

There were not many. At first what they do is somewhat difficult to understand but once you get past that its fine.

Advice to Management

They are down to earth, know all the employees names, make an effort to get to know interns, and have a great vision for where the company is going.

6. "Good for a small company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Pros

For a small company, excellent benefits; good executive management who share information broadly

Cons

Get caught up in the we've always done it that way mentality due to the long tenure of employees (a good thing and a bad thing); somewhat difficult for new people to make changes;

Advice to Management

Listen to everyone and be open to ideas from new people not just those that have been there forever; invest in management training for the managers who have grown up at Workscape and became managers there

7. "workscape is like a good wine; it improves with time"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Best place I've worked; early on I was a bit unsure of my decision as the onboarding certainly wasnt a handholding exercize, but that has given way to an incredible work experience. The people are the best here;' no jerks, everyone aligned to succeed and do what it takes. ANd that doesnt mean management whips you to get things done and there is no balance; the team wants to do well and it creates a great sense of pride in your work and in the company. COol technology, too.

Cons

Asi said the onboarding could have been better, but wasnt bad either.

Advice to Management

You've done a great job, especially in this economic mess keeping us on track, communicating lots and making good decisions. I'm amazed how well we've done in the worst recession in our lifetimes and we didnt miss a beat. Keep it up!

"Workscape not dedicated to employees at all"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marlborough, MA

Pros

The quality of co-workers (excluding management and executives) was outstanding. When you are all working in a horrible place together, you tend to band together and try to find the humor.

Cons

Company completely lacks integrity. I witnessed them lying to clients instead of being honest about changing job responsiblities. They are also completely dishonest with their employees. I watched 11 employees get terminated at the beginning of the year for what Workscape called 'cause' when it was truly a reduction in workforce. I then watched as many if not more employees left the company voluntarily and every person gave the same reasons for leaving: unreasonable work hours, poor treatment of employees by managers and executives, lack of a work/life balance. Every one of those employees also had the same comment 'Loved the work, hated the company."

The company expects 60-70 hours from employees on a continual basis. Managers send out emails on Thursday or Friday asking employees for their weekend availability. It is truly a sweatshop environment. I would never recommend that anyone accept a job with this company.

Advice to Management

Wouldn't matter if I did. Employees have sat down with upper management on numerous occassions. All the feedback went in one ear and out the other.

9. "Workscape is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Sales in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Workscape has a real teamwork mentality amongst their employees. The management team is very supportive and fosters this culture in the organization. Everyone in the company has the best interest of the clients at heart. Client satisfaction is one of the pillars of the core mission at Workscape and it is upheld through all areas of the company!

Cons

Everyone is very passionate about what is best for the client and the company. This can cause some intense (yet healthy) debates.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great level communication.

10. "Best place I've ever worked!"

Current Employee - Client Services in Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - Client Services in Marlborough, MA

Pros

Trust, teamwork, creativity, high energy, integrity and kick butt products; this is what Workscape is all about.

Cons

Sometimes you can't control your hours when big projects are on the line.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! In these difficult times around us, you are communicating often and well. We know who we are and arent and are moving decisively. Sales are way up because you've managed well; not jumping on bandwagons but charting our own course and wisely investing for our own future; not following someone else's tin horn. If we keep close to our customers, treat our team well and bring good value to marklet, the sky's the limit!!!!