Workshare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Anthony Foy

Pros
  • It's a great experience and you will end up in improving your skills for your development career (in 3 reviews)

• Some nice people, but most leave (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of structure in Sales team - almost complete lack of training and role responsibilities were fluctuating and blurred (in 2 reviews)

• Workshare knew months previously that they were going to lay off my entire team, but despite our inquiries they reassured us that our jobs were fine (in 2 reviews)

"Good experience"

Former Employee - ADR
    Former Employee - ADR

I worked at Workshare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, first job out of college was able to understand the ins and outs of sales and a business. Good pay.

Cons

Upper management focused on the wrong aspects too much. Turn over of employees was a major turn off.

Advice to Management

N/a

"Too many changes"

I worked at Workshare full-time

Pros

Most of the people at Workshare are great to work with.

Cons

There have been so many changes across the board at Workshare from people coming and going, executive turn over, messaging and positioning, etc. that it was extremely hard to be successful.

"Tale of Two Cities"

I worked at Workshare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The London team has a vision and a plan to execute the vision. The majority of the people in the organization are a joy to work with and for, and they are extremely intelligent and professional. The executive team in London is a wealth of knowledge and enjoys sharing that knowledge. Solid base and comp. Solid benefits aside from a weak 401k plan. Friendly, smart people based in the US aside from the very top. Lovely culture, wonderful people, a great experience there aside from the job itself.

Cons

Some of the leadership in the US leaves much to be desired. There is an internal power struggle, paired with a US leader who has never lead, which has created a toxic environment where they don't even know what inputs are needed for successful outputs and are more focused on taking over someone's job. That person was elevated to a much higher title than deserved due to a right place at the right time situation, together with a person with the old school sales tactics who has benefited from a great deal of existing relationships in the industry, lead an uninspired sales staff with their lack of innovation and lack of setting up their team for any sort of success. A confusing marketing model spends 85% of its efforts marketing to current customers and current prospects versus generating new leaves the sales team on its own to drum up new business. The sales structure is designed to wait for leads to come to them. There is no lead generation at all. There is no plan to generate new leads, no resources to get the company in front of new leads, nothing like that. It is a sit and wait approach with messaging that is only known internally and carries no weight with external prospects. They have a client database riddled with inaccuracies and changes to the process so many times over that even identifying if a company is a customer is a cumbersome task. There is no defined process of inputting into the system still which means that situation will never get better. There is no recent track record of successful prospecting to cold prospects. Oh and the biggest con, this company has the worst reputation with customers in its biggest market, legal, yet its internal attitude is that everyone knows and loves them as the leaders of the industry and that their reputation alone is the best selling point.

tl;dr you will spend 90% of your time calling prospects who end up being customers, in hour meetings several times a week that are not relevant for you, and trying to figure out why you have received 3 different answers to a simple question.

Advice to Management

Redesign the sales process. Bring in actual lead gen. Design processes in each function to create uniformity and organization and reduce confusion. Bring in innovative, young leadership to right the ship in the US. Realize that the company has become a revolving door due to a complete lack of leadership in the US to the point that it is comical. Clean up the internal database.

"No light end of tunnel, Chop shop"

Former Employee - Sales Executive
    Former Employee - Sales Executive

Pros

I'm sure there's at least one....i just can't think of it though

Cons

This would be a pretty long list. Old perpetual product, very crowded market, horrible management, customer success is a disaster, sales management is totally clueless, super high turn over, sales reps make zero commission pretty much, seen the entire team turn over in less than a year, when current team took over they basically pushed out all the decent folks out so its pretty much dumb and dumber and dumbest at this point running the company.
    I do give them this though: they certainly have the board fooled because they have no new business coming in, keep losing renewal revenue yet somehow the execs are still there therefore they're doing something right when it comes to managing the board.
    By the way, there are TONS of fake reviews here; they're all from people they forced internally to post. Its quite comical in fact there are people that posted fake positive reviews here, included their titles in the pos, but still ended up getting fired - hah

Advice to Management

none - they're a bunch of "know it alls"..wouldn't listen to any advice anyway

"Shockingly Unprofessional"

Pros

Great benefits, some nice people. (unfortunately they never stay)

Cons

The US management was dishonest, self obsessed, and had clear favorites who were treated differently, and compensated differently. I left because the US management seemed to be without a moral compass and no one seemed to care. We spent hours on calls listening to a meandering and useless monologue conducted in the middle of the work day. I saw the ENTIRE sales force turn over in less than 2 years. Some very talented people were let go because of random reasons- "not enthusiastic enough at all day meetings" "facial hair", etc... The last manager hired alienated so many customers with his horrible & cheesy sales style, you'd think he'd modeled himself after the manager on "Office Space" or "The Office"

Advice to Management

Be thankful the investors don't know how you are running your business.

"If you want to commit career suicide, Workshare is for you!"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Workshare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you have a good sense of humor, maybe you'll be entertained by the ineptitude of the organization from top to bottom.

Cons

Toxic work environment, everyone is looking for another job. Worst turnover I've ever seen, management is constantly changing strategies- now they're going for a boiler room approach with a cheesy used car sales manager that actually counts the number of outbound phone calls that you make- and then discuses it with you in a weekly meeting! They're always firing salespeople that can't execute on their harebrained initiatives, but reward a VP that delivered 10% of goal.

Advice to Management

Take a long look in the mirror.

"Chapter 11, coming soon"

Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Strategic Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I worked at Workshare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There really wasn't any pros. The management is clueless which is a pro and a con. Pro, good work/life balance.

Cons

Seriously, you name it. No net new business, no proven technology, not customer focused, dissatisfied clients, horrible support, all making the job very challenging.

I could go on and on but I think the point is taken. Unless desperate for a job, keep looking.

Advice to Management

Stop throwing good money after bad. DO what you do best and do it well and efficiently(profitable).

"A once great company to work for, which is now being run into the ground by the new management"

I have been working at Workshare full-time

Pros

Free water. Good downtown location close to BART. Generous vacation allowance.

Cons

Clueless management team who don't seem to know what they want to do, one day to the next. Ban on facial hair for both men and women.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and also your customers. Focus on what you are good at and not what you want to be.

"formerly great company taken over by self-obsessed senior management"

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in South San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in South San Francisco, CA

I worked at Workshare full-time

Pros

Many fine people, great vacation and benefits. Friendly customer base as well.

Cons

Misguided new senior management, a culture of rewarding people who really do nothing but create powerpoint slides and don't even know how to use their own product.

Advice to Management

Rethink the cloud aspect, there are too many cloud storage companies about these days. Train your new support staff, you have a great and useful desktop product.

"New management team lied repeatedly to us"

I worked at Workshare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoyed my job and my co-workers prior to the lay-off.

Cons

If Workshare would have been honest, as they claim to be, I could have saved at least $400 per month in Cobra medical expenses. April was our open access period to renew health insurance and I signed up for the most expensive package. Workshare knew months previously that they were going to lay off my entire team, but despite our inquiries they reassured us that our jobs were fine. Also, I cancelled my gym membership near the old office (and my home) as management informed us that we would be moving to downtown San Francisco with the rest of the company. The simplest way to state it is that the management team lied repeatedly to us despite many opportunities to be honest and transparent.

Advice to Management

Stop lying