World Acceptance Reviews | Glassdoor

World Acceptance CEO Janet Matricciani
Janet Matricciani
1 Rating

1. "Branch Manager"

I worked at World Acceptance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Payday, Nice office, Very few genuine people

Cons

Constant change, No work life balance, Very unfair to clients

Advice to Management

Treat employees better

World Acceptance Response

Mar 6, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We will share your comments with the Management Team.

2. "WAC is Wacked"

I worked at World Acceptance full-time

Pros

Unfortunately, there are not a lot of positive things to point out. One positive note would be most of the employees are fairly friendly.

Cons

The VP and CxO level members are not very professional. Their communication with their employees leaves a lot of guess work and they provide very little feedback, even when pointedly asked.

Advice to Management

Communicate with employee and act as management members. Provide feedback and guidance to employees when required and keep them in the loop when changes are on the horizon.

World Acceptance Response

Jan 9, 2017 – Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your review and feedback. We will share your comments with our management team.

3. "Assistant Manager"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

Pros

none at all. don't work here

Cons

Endless policy changes, no values and upper management cares nothing about loyalty. pay for assistants is horrible.

Advice to Management

Better sell that stock...wont be long till the cfpb shuts it down.

"THE WORST!"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Knoxville, TN
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at World Acceptance full-time

Pros

Sometimes we actually help people with their financial problems.

Cons

Ask yourselfif working for a company that uses abusive collection practices to collect on accounts that never should have been approved to begin with?
    Is it fair that Assistant Manager bonuses top out at $300 when Managers can make $2,000-$4,000 per month. Do the math people. That $300 is 8%-15% of the potential bonus for a Manger.
    Assistant Managers are pressured to refinance, increase, and solicit more money on every interaction with the customers while focusing on collection, their job. Can you say Pyramid Scheme? When the people at the bottom of a company do or assist with all the work and profits being made but they don't receive any of benefits then your a Pyramid Scheme.
    The most disturbing thing besides the inequality in pay is that World Acceptance Corporation takes advantage of the unknowing or uneducated.
    Customers are encouraged, pressured, and more often than not berated into renewing or refinancing their accounts to get them out of delinquency with the branch. Sometimes for no more than $10 coming back to them. The Manager and Supervisors that push this strategy don't care that their extend the amount of time a customer is in debt, or that the customer has refinanced a 6 month loan 2-3 times within the original 6 month contract. That increases profit.
    "If they are breathing give them a loan" a Supervisor once said to help increase the application flow. That quote should tell a person a lot about the abusive, vigorous, uncaring, and unwavering determination of World Acceptance Corporation to be "Large and Profitable " by any means necessary is a problem that has to be stopped.

Advice to Management

It's simple,

1. Treat people how you want to be treated.

2. Stop lending to people who have loans at five other loan companies.
    3. Stop giving loans away because it's " Growth Season ".
    4. If you claim that we are the biggest and you have the best employees then pay equal to our competitors. Allow all to benefit from the profits made.
    5. Ask yourself if you refinanced you $300k+ Home and the mortgage company applied additional insurances on your mortgage unbeknownst to you because it generates more profit for the company how you would feel about that .

6. "Terrible"

I worked at World Acceptance full-time

Pros

There are no pros to working for this company. Terrible management, unethical practices and zero appreciation for people with morals.

Cons

All aspects of this company are terrible. Management is terrible, upper management is terrible, hours are terrible, pay is terrible, yadayada

"Sorry Company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ridgeland, SC
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Ridgeland, SC

I have been working at World Acceptance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is Not One Good Thing About This Company Except Having A Job. Please Don't believe the lies they tell you to get you to come to this Terrible Place.

Cons

This Company Is A Joke.No Respect For The Employees' Who Make The $$ For Corporate

Advice to Management

Stop Trying To Always Cover Up The Internal Company Theft. And Stop Penalizing The Good Employees By Paying Overtime ONLY after 43 hours. This has to be illegal.

"Horrible place to work"

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in San Antonio, TX

Pros

There is nothing positive to say about my experience of working for World Acceptance Corp. If there is any other job on the table take it before here.

Cons

Do yourself a favor and continue looking for another job in any industry. This place is not a very positive working environment.

"Don't do it."

Pros

Any paycheck is better than none.

Cons

I would consider everything besides the existence of a paycheck to be a con. I wouldn't wish this job on my worst enemy.

Advice to Management

If you continue paying extremely low wages, don't expect to attract or keep quality employees.

"Horrible!!!"

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Montgomery, AL

I worked at World Acceptance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I really loved my job and felt like I was pretty good at it!

Cons

My manager slandered my name, told my co workers that I was not to be trusted and they were not allowed to talk to me, Needless to say I was pretty much forced to quit!!

Advice to Management

check out the manager!! PLEASE