World Changers Church Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Creflo Dollar

1. "WORKING TO PROMOTE THE VISION"

Current Employee - Data Entry Analyst in College Park, GA
    Current Employee - Data Entry Analyst in College Park, GA

I have been working at World Changers Church full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

In my department we come together as a family working toward a common goal. Our Manager treats us with respect and yet she maintains the high standards that is set by the ministry. Everyone isn't perfect but what department is yet we don't let those few dictate the majority. I work in Data Entry and I can say that my coach as she likes to be called is more qualified in her area and then some than those who walk around with degrees and certificates. I'm blessed to be working with her and not under her because she exudes the character of a woman with goals, leadership, honesty, tact and empathy. Yet her peers treat her like she's beneath them when in actuality she's way ahead! I've heard some negative things about her from others but based on her character it shows their jealousy and ignorant mindset because they fear her knowledge and she hasn't received a degree. Her relationship status is not a factor because she works very hard and has earned her position thru experience, time, knowledge and prayer.

Cons

Negative mindsets of the people with degrees or certificates who think they're qualified but aren't and it makes our jobs harder cleaning up their mess. Some use their title and connection to get away with being disrespectful, hurtful and also using God to justify their behavior

Advice to Management

Continue doing your department audits and for those that have negative comments look into further. Some maybe legit and some maybe out of anger of not getting their way. We have 3 people in our area now who want so much to run something not to promote the vision but to promote their own agenda and pay increase. They will say and do anything to make our Manager look bad. Hint....if you sit down and talk to them you will see this.

2. "Great Opportunity!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, GA

I worked at World Changers Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This organization offers to a great opportunity to make a career out of helping others.

Cons

Advancement opportunities can seem limited.

3. "Don't Be Fooled by the Hype"

Pros

They paid on time and clean place to work. Very dedicated staff.

Cons

Lack of communication is on purpose to keep staff guessing and confused. Very unproductive and stressful place to work. All things are controlled by one person . Employee's haven't received a raise in years. Benefits are expensive. But you are expected to appreciate everything they do for you. Buyer beware.

Advice to Management

Why waste time giving advice, they don't listen or care.

5. "Getting better"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in College Park, GA

I have been working at World Changers Church full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CEO and COO are working very hard to make this a great place to work. They have added several benefits including healthy snacks, car wash, company picnic and other things to make to the a better place to work.

Cons

They need a 401k program that benefits the employees. Turnover rate is too high and employee concerns need to be heard before termination.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with making this a desirable place to work. The heart of the staff is with you.

6. "Wonderful"

I have been working at World Changers Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I loved the data entry part of the position as I love keyboarding and working on computers. I enjoyed the customer service talking and assisting members, partners and ministry personnel as well.

Cons

Hard to advance in other areas as the departments.

Advice to Management

Give cost of living raises, if not every year, ever 2 years.
    Do not castrate people who don't act, think or look like you.
    Office culture is mean and nasty; give managers, leaders more training on how to communicate effectively without trying to destroy their subordinates.

7. "Very Disappointing"

Former Employee - I'd Rather Not Say But I Had Responsibility In A Major Department in College Park, GA

I worked at World Changers Church full-time

Pros

No cursing like in secular places,

Cons

The people they hired were really not qualified, the pay was low for that industry, they were disorganized and didn't really know their jobs. I was very disappointed to see it function like that behind the scenes.

Advice to Management

They need to hire management and supervisors who are QUALIFIED to manage staff and not college buddies and relatives or the faithful servants from the choir and parking lot ministry. Just because someones been with the church for 15 years doesn't make them qualified to lead a department of paid professionals. I think they hire people who will accept less and aren't as qualified as they could or should be. Its an old pentecostal church front mindset wrapped up in a mega church building.

8. "Its okay."

I worked at World Changers Church full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A good place for entry-level person seeking to gain experience.

Cons

The health benefits and pay is dismal. Company needs to improve on hiring qualified professionals that are skilled in their position to avoid high turnover and employee frustration.

Advice to Management

Need more training and invest in continue education for your employess

9. "Good employer to work for."

Former Employee - Kitchen Worker in College Park, GA
    Former Employee - Kitchen Worker in College Park, GA

I worked at World Changers Church full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Paid annual birthday and holidays

Cons

Some employees should learn the meaning of the word respect

10. "More carnal than spiriual"

Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Payroll Administrator in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Co-workers helpful and thoughtful
    1hr lunch
    plenty of work

Cons

Senior management 'clickish'. Management can't discern when to be spiritual or professional.
    Huge turn-over. People are fired at least every two-weeks; this is no exaggeration. Rules only apply and enforced based on who you know. The only people who get raises are people who work close with the pastor. Very top-heavy organization.

Advice to Management

Fire Harriett Houston, HR Director. she is a bad seed. She smiles but is a snake. Ask anyone, ANYONE who has dealt with her uncouth, unprofessional behavior. She uses inappropriate language to staff members consistently.

11. "Grreat cause but poor leadership and execution"

Pros

Christian cause
    Free company gym
    Discounts on merchandise
    Many employees are wonderful, faithful people

Cons

The pay is abysmal. Employees are often disrespected and treated unfairly. Unskilled, uneducated and unknowledgeable people are placed in leadership positions without any management training. The promotion process is a real mystery. Raises are generally never granted, even for excellent employees.

Advice to Management

Please listen to the employees. We're not all bad people. Some of us came to the company to really make a difference, however, the unfair policies and lack of positive encouragement make it quite challenging.