World Fuel Services Reviews

Updated Jun 23, 2020

2.7
World Fuel Services President & CEO Michael J. Kasbar
Michael J. Kasbar
Pros
  • "Good work life balance (depending on your manager)(in 17 reviews)

• "Fortune 500 company, Fair Salary, Great Benefits, Decent work environment(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a lot of culture at work or work/life balance(in 19 reviews)

• "None to think of, WFS has been great so far(in 11 reviews)

1. "Tons of exciting opportunities 😃"

5.0
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Miami, FL

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Highly agile and entrepreneurial culture. We are empowered to create and problem solve. On during my time here I have been involved in many new exciting global initiatives and projects. Love it here.

Cons

None I can think off.

June 19, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the Glassdoor community! We appreciate your hard work, especially now in these challenging times. Keep up the great work and positive attitude. Also, thank you for the advice regarding communication - we are listening and working though solutions to better enable internal communications.

"Frequent lay offs"

2.0
    Current Employee - Financial Operations Coordinator

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work environment . It is ok for short term but need to move on

Cons

Less stability of job . Restructuring happens often. I have seen so many positions frequently moved between offices . Focused more on making money rather than employees. Leaders laid off, employees laid off because of rapid organizational restructuring ..

June 22, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

Hello and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. During this global pandemic many companies have needed to make hard decisions and WFS is not exempt from needing to make these decisions, too. On a brighter note, during these unprecedented times, our teams have truly rallied together to support our customers and keep our business running. We acknowledge and are thankful for you! Many of our employees are going above and beyond their scope of work every day. They are our WFS Heroes and we have started sharing their stories on our careers site and LinkedIn page to show our appreciation. Thank you for all you do!!

"Could be better"

Current Employee - N/A in Miami, FL

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fortune 500 company, Fair Salary, Great Benefits, Decent work environment

Cons

Too many recent acquisitions, seems that employees are treated as just a number, lack of communication, though they have an agile environment.

June 19, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your honest experience with us. We appreciate your dedication over the past decade and your current hard work; especially in these challenging times. We do intend to value our employees, and take your "advice to managment" seriously. Feel free to contact your local HR representative to further discuss.

"Not great"

2.0
    Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time

Pros

Decent pay, some decent coworkers

Cons

Chaotic atmosphere created by leadership

"Felt Color matters to grow in the company"

Former Employee - Director in Miami, FL

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Keeps busy New gym was good

Cons

COO was full of talk and no action Bootlickers are welcome Executive management gives rat crap to working people Tribalism Favoritism and Nepotism

July 2, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

World Fuel Services feels it is important to address this unfair review addressing the serious issue of race in employment opportunity. Contrary to the anonymous allegation in the post that “color matters”, World Fuel Services has a strong culture that embraces diversity. We prohibit and do not tolerate racial discrimination in hiring, promotions, employee terminations, or any other talent-related decisions.

"Racist management"

Former Employee - Commercial Operations

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time

Pros

Generous PTO would be the only pro, however a lot people don't get to use their PTO up and they end up losing it because you cannot carry it over.

Cons

Not saying the company as a whole is racist but the commercial operation manager/director in overland park office most definitely is. She has about 25 employees with majority being caucasians working under her yet she choose just the people of color to furlough. Under her team the 3/4 furloughed employees are minorities. So my questions is that, besides the race of the employees, what other indicators were used when choosing who to furlough? Also might I add, one of the minority employee was fired right after she was furloughed because she got in trouble for taking a zoom call on her bed. Is that a legitimate reason to fire an employee? I'll let you be the judge. During the entire furlough process, the manager showed no emotions or empathy of any sort. Wouldn't go back to work for this company under any circumstances. Truly, if you work in this office, there will be no growth. Ask anyone in the company and they can tell you. You're lucky if your department doesn't a mass lay off.

June 19, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

World Fuel Services feels it is important to address this unfair and inaccurate review addressing the critical issues of race and equal opportunity in employment. Contrary to the anonymous allegations in the post, World Fuel Services has a strong culture that embraces diversity. We prohibit and do not tolerate racial discrimination in hiring, promotions, employee terminations, or any other personnel decisions. While it is inappropriate to comment on each false allegation in the post, we can say with confidence that race played no role in the Company’s difficult decision to furlough certain employees. We are particularly proud of our diverse team in Overland Park, and we believe that the vast majority of our employees who work there are pleased that they do.

"Worst team and place to work"

Former Employee - Accountant

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

have benefits; some people are nice;

Cons

not properly value employee, treat unfairly; make good relationship with management is the only way to success at here; global company runs in mama papa style and in a constant reactive state; Highly ambiguous and inconsistent when it comes to communicating transparency, trust, collaboration and respect.

8. "Great Place"

4.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in Miami, FL

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great culture in HR department, good leadership, room for growth.

Cons

Didn't sense any in my short time there.

June 24, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

We love hearing about the positive experiences our teammates have had working for WFS! Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

"Unorganized, soul-sucking culture"

Former Employee - Manager

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Some of the people are nice, but most will stab you in the back. You really can't trust anyone.

Cons

The lack of consistency is appalling. At one point I thought it would improve but that quickly changed. They acquire smaller companies, leave them alone and then wonder why it's overall a disjointed organization. There is a lack of leadership communication and proper guidance for managers. A lot of back-stabbing and favoritism across the board. Those behaviors are encouraged even by the culture that is present. That entitled attitude which is prevalent in the leadership trickles down to the line managers who really emotionally abuse and belittle their workforce. Good things appear and disappear without notice. Use the company for a time if you must, just like they are using you. Then get out before that place makes you hard/numb to what you really deserve in a workplace.

Continue reading
  10. "Good technology based company"

4.0

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time

Pros

lot to learn in new technology based environment

Cons

not many as of see in terms of culture and technolgy

June 24, 2020Global Director Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your positive experience working at WFS! Strong communication across teams is one of our core values at World Fuel Services — and that includes letting us know what’s working and where we can improve, so please keep up the feedback and communication!

Found 268 reviews