World Fuel Services Reviews | Glassdoor

World Fuel Services President & CEO Michael J. Kasbar
Michael J. Kasbar

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "There is no expectation of a work-life balance for employees" (in 15 reviews)

• "Compensation could be better and top heavy management" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Quality Control Technician"

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule able to work overtime

Cons

Not very much room for advancement

2. "North America Land Driver"

Current Employee - Line Haul Driver in Anacortes, WA
    Current Employee - Line Haul Driver in Anacortes, WA

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Steady work for team players, upgrading equipment, Teamster's betterment for ground level employee. Preserve's fairness.

Cons

Top-heavy management. Sales and Dispatching a dangling desperation. B-

Advice to Management

Poor use of resources; i.e. don't fix what's not broken and try harder to fix what are, electronic gadgets and "experts" who usually can't manage better than boots on-the-ground.

3. "Great starter job"

Current Employee - Meteorologist/Flight Planning Specialist in Webster, TX
    Current Employee - Meteorologist/Flight Planning Specialist in Webster, TX

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Endless rolls to learn in aviation industry, a lot of PTO, great starter pay right out of college, paid relocation, good benefits

Cons

Disorganized upper management, long 12 hour shifts, on call system, no room for promotions

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and their concerns. Give people room to grow and promote in the company, and try harder to make experienced people stay.

"Company does not care about employees"

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Somewhat decent pay & holidays off

Cons

Micromanagement, no employee perks, no bonuses, no raises. Difficult to grow and promotions are rarely given. Not a good company to invest your time/ life in.

Advice to Management

More remote work and flexible hours for those with phones and laptops

"No two way loyalty - Learn the lesson looking what they did to Loyal Employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Doral, FL

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

High-velocity deliverables from 2007 to 2012. A lot of value added to the company and helped business to sell the products.
    A good place to start a technology career

Cons

In my opinion very little importance to develop internal leaders….
    In my opinion the management is no supporter of hard-working and smart folks….can form opinion when they lay off the team member(s) that delivered projects and products contrary to the team that spent millions and never delivered a proper deliverable…retained because of support or seems like nepotism….
    Opportunity to improve communication…. My opinion is that there is no thoughtful projects and no check and balance…like remodeling, renting a large area UNDER UTILIZED, wasted on off-shore resources, building systems that never gets used, …no checks? One must ask what was the rational and who/what was benefit? Games? Collaboration? One must ask - Would you spend your own money like this?
    Building systems and never used, big turn-off for developers that has put passion and time…
    In my opinion loyalty is not in the dictionary and there is no two-way loyalty but expect one way. They let the loyal team members that delivered projects go… undelivered stayed? – game of throne. I believe some has moved out due to lack of profit or influence now.
    My opinion is it is highly politically charged and dog-eat-dog town….either it was business v/s IT or one team v/s another….no collaboration…top leadership is a joke and resolves to manage by conflict...
    My opinion is that the TOP leadership is a mediocre…. self-absorbed? democratic-pretext? cultural change? Hire friends/acquaintances…seems like Miami or FL or US doesn’t have architects or senior leaders?
    Management doesn’t trust their managers. Micro managing the people, projects. Opportunistic for facetime to show that they are the BIG-SHOT….some projects/products implemented multiple times with multiple vendor products…hollow promise and still not delivered…doesn’t include the right resources... False promises and wonder if anybody is checking the $$$ spent.
    Disgruntled employees but are struck due to personal situations but it is detrimental to the organization

Advice to Management

Leave if you cannot perform
    Be accountable
    Trust but verify.
    Make sure you spend money where needed like your own - My opinion don't spend on things like rooftop? etc. Waste $$$$ when no raise or lay off's??? Think Please!

"Move to Houston.... I don't think so!!!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I have no words!!!! There are none! Low pay, no bonuses, management is self absorbed!

Cons

Where do I begin? After a twelve year tenure with the company and excellent reviews I was laid off. Department no longer exists so they say. Disappointment, heartache, every emotion took over. World Fuel has no heart and soul!! On their.climb to the top managers have forgotten how to manage! So yourselves a favor and go back to management 101! Trust the people YOU put in place to do their jobs!!! You hired the best of the best!!!! Now managers micro manage to the nth degree!!!! Literally every sentence is torn apart! This has become a sweatshop of disgruntled, miserable employees!!! Moral is the lowest of any I've ever.seen! You must never voice this though for.dear of being terminated. That fear hangs over the employees heads so much so that it has become a detriment to the entire organization! It is a sad, mean, horrible place to work! So yourself a favor and look elsewhere! There are tons of aviation positions with companies who actually believe their employees.are their number 1 asset!!

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and hire management with souls!!!

7. "Not a bad Place to work in Miami"

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time

Pros

Good changes coming to WFS

Cons

Management sometimes doesnt listen. Could have better culture

8. "Change is in the air..."

Current Employee - Information Technology in Doral, FL
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Doral, FL

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company started going through a major transformation (Agile) so there is a lot of change. Good opportunity to learn new technologies, etc.

Cons

With the Agile transformation coming in things can get a bit overwhelming as far as workload goes.

9. "Amazing fortune100 to work for"

Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Systems Analyst in Miami, FL

I have been working at World Fuel Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This amazing organization is full of challenges and great people which makes everything a learning experience

Cons

I did not find it earlier

"Contract Specialist"

I worked at World Fuel Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits with a worldwide footprint

Cons

Difficult to ascend and does not empower employees

Advice to Management

Seek employee feedback and provide management with better tools to motivate staff