KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Scott Cooper
0 Rating
  1. 2.0
    Former Employee

Great pay but they victimize people

Apr 26, 2015 - Patent Guy in Miami Beach, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

You can make 10,000 a week if you stick to it. The environment is exciting and it's fun to talk to people about their ideas.

Cons

As long as people we'll patent it. We fake like there's a review committee and we fill people full of air about their idea, that way when we tell them how much they have to pay they'll at least consider it. I found it hard to pray on people even though the money was good.

9 people found this review helpful

President

I find this review to be very troubling as as you can probably imagine. I don't believe you were affiliated with this organization but if I am wrong, hopefully you found employment at a company that lives up your ethical standards. I would like to address each of your claims: 1) We have employees making "10,000 a week" - that is simply false. Our project managers can earn a comfortable living but nothing even close to what you mentioned. 2) "We fake like there is a review committee" - again not true. I personally put the review committee together. An idea can not go past review if it is not approved by committee. It is not even possible for our software to move an idea forward without out a Member of the Review Committee authorizing it. This is something you should have known. The committee operates out of another office. We make sure to keep a "Chinese Wall" between those that communicate with the clients and the committee members to avoid any conflict. 3) "I found it hard to pray on people even though the money was good." - Please explain how what we do is praying on people? The last thing we want to do as a company is give entrepreneurs and inventors unrealistic expectations about their ideas and inventions. I published an article recently titled: WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF GETTING RICH OFF A NEW INVENTION? NOT GOOD! http://bit.ly/1NF9cU0 Please read it. I make it very clear that the chance of success on a new invention is not good. Most people are not successful just as most people are not successful in the stock market or restaurants or other small businesses. We offer aspiring entrepreneurs and inventors an opportunity to pursue an idea that they would be unable attempt on their own. If what you say is true, why would I spend my time publishing and promoting articles that are totally inconsistent with what you have said? Why is your review so different from every other review we have received? Why do we have a prominent advisory board consisting of former US attorneys, surgeons and prominent military figures? Why does the company support causes to help the cause of young entrepreneurs and underprivileged children? Think about it. Scott J. Cooper CEO and Creative Director World Patent Marketing

2. 5.0

Fast Growing Company; Excellent Personal Growth Potential; Fun Atmosphere

Dec 23, 2014 - Global Project Manager in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Leadership & Company Vision; A lot of room for personal growth & promotions. Supporting management staff; Potential for high commission payouts; Fun & professional atmosphere; Great Client's to work with & assist.

Cons

I wouldn't consider this to be a con, but you must work 60+ hours a week to be successful.

President

Thank you for your kind words about the company. We work hard to create a great atmosphere. Remember what's most important - I want to give our clients five star customer service. As far as the long hours go - I promise you that our inventors are working just as hard. Scott

3. 5.0

Great company to work for

Sep 22, 2014 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love the environment! I try to surround myself with positive people and I knew that I was meant to work here the day of my interview. Working here doesn't really feel like "Work". There's so much growth with this company!

Cons

To be honest I really don't feel like there are any cons.

4. 5.0

Thankful!

Jun 27, 2016 - Processing Department in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

I've been working for WPM since November of 2015, a significant growth has been made ever since new management !!! they truly care and take care of their employees!

Cons

Luckily, Now that management has changed there is nothing but positivity that surrounds this company!

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Processing Manager

Oct 26, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I enjoy the people and the type of work, there's opportunity to define processes and lead policies, administration shows employee appreciation, I also enjoy engaging with the individual clients, their level of creativity is remarkable.

Cons

Medical coverage is not offered, the compensation could be more to offset obligations.

6. 5.0

Fantastic team

Sep 24, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

They are very understanding of your needs. They also encourage you daily to do your absolute best and to learn new things. I've had too many jobs and this is definitely the only one that I actually see myself climbing up the ladder.

Cons

No complains. I'm pretty satisfied working here.

7. 5.0

Great company to work for

Dec 18, 2014 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you work hard, you can move up the corporate ladder fast. received a promotion and raise within my first 45 days!

Cons

Long hours, would like to be able to spend more time with my family.

Project Manager

That is what it is all about! Hard work and getting ahead.

8. 1.0

Typical telephone sales

Dec 17, 2014 - Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

They offer leads to staff and you are a true 1099 contractor so you work when you want.  Money off a actually patent sale is good.

Cons

Company been in businesd since march 2014.  The leads are old or was obtained from clicks for people to win something.  The direct site leads are not great.  You get $10-$15 per submission.  You make people think they have a great idea just to get money from they when you know their idea sucks and will never work.  Takes 3-4 months after patent to make any money off sold deals.  Majority of people don't have money.

11 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0

Marketing Consultant

Aug 27, 2015 - Marketing Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

World Patent Marketing guarantees your exposure with a strong publicity campaign lead by result driven experts in PR, graphic design, and patenting

Cons

I have enjoyed working for this progressive company and am looking forward to my contributions as I assist with market expansion.

President

Thank you for uplifting comments. Hope you continue to enjoy your work experience. Scott J. Cooper, CEO and Creative Director World Patent Marketing

10. 5.0

Great room for advancement

Nov 14, 2016 - Web Developer in Miami, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free coffee, Great work environment. Super secure. Great room for growth. Located right next to Lincoln road. Great view. outstanding team, healthy and productive environment

Cons

We quickly run out of plastic cups in the break room

Viewing 11 - 20 of 35 Reviews

World Patent Marketing Reviews FAQs

90% of World Patent Marketing employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated World Patent Marketing 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at World Patent Marketing to be senior leadership, career development, management and the cons to be benefits, work life balance.