World Travel Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "awesome to work from home and awesome ppl" (in 81 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, you have time to do what you want" (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not really flexible when it comes to work from home" (in 8 reviews)

• "Plus the team leads Hound you all the time if you're not making quota" (in 11 reviews)

"Great Company! Love the culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Room to grow and they LISTEN. They may not always be able to act on everything, but they do listen. Work @ home is available for many roles and despite being across the country from many of my co-workers, I genuinely feel connected, included and like I have a voice.

Cons

Work @ Home isn't for everyone and some can feel more disconnected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant work to improve that you show today!

2. "Cruise Planner"

Former Employee - Travel Planner in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Travel Planner in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Paid training. Busy steady work

Cons

Pay and metrics. Newbies get bad schedules

Advice to Management

Travel protection insurance sales are slammed down our throats. I had a hard time convincing travelers to purchase it when I knew they didnt really need it at times.

3. "Travel professional"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Good travel perks. Good attendance policy. No micromanaged

Cons

There is a lack of support in certain areas. When dealing with attendance you never speak to a person which can be hard if u have an emergency or need to verify changes to your schedule.

Advice to Management

Make live wfm agents.

4. "Great Job and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working in travel and helping people to see the world. I do this from my home in the North East where the cold weather and snow is a constant companion. How great it is not having to go out in bad weather and spending 10 hours a week in my car. Not to mention no longer having to dress to impress daily. This means no more dry cleaning, eating out and wear and tear on my vehicles. This alone is a savings of $10k a year.

I am blessed with becoming a trusted friend to hundreds of families. They rely on me to help them putting together a vacation experience which lasts a lifetime.

I make a good living and I am appreciated. How many people can say this? If you are self motivated. Have a good work ethic. Make sure you stand behind your promises and can multitask in a constant evolving industry then you will enjoy a successful career.

Cons

Working in a virtual environment can be trying at times.

Advice to Management

Keep working on updating the technology to overcome sluggish system performance.

5. "Customer Care Representative"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Work from home, vacation and sick leave, they provide computer and headset for a refundable fee when you leave the company, health insurance, 401K and constant training opportunities.

Cons

Open 24/7, they never close, upper management who try to avoid speaking to upset customers further escalating the situation. Some people are just rude which unfortunately comes with the territory in customer service.

Advice to Management

Completely close for Christmas and Thanksgiving, better train supervisors(fsa+) on desescalating situations

6. "Great work at home experience"

Current Employee - CCR in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - CCR in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is fantastic, especially in an area where the commute in the winter can be dangerous and unpleasant.

Every employee I have dealt with from the hiring process to my team leads and coworkers have been willing to go above and beyond to help with any questions or issues that arise.

I'm able to work from the comfort of my home office and spend every minute of my breaks and lunches with family.

With an attendance point marketplace, it's possible to gain and spend attendance points to allow for schedule deviations without penalty.

With online meeting software and chat rooms for teams and groups, WTH makes sure we don't feel isolated even though we're not in a physical location together.

Cons

The number one con, is that being a 24/7 retail company you will sometimes see mandatory additional hours during busy times. Management does the best they can to allow us to pick up hours when it's most convenient for us, but it is retail, so you have to be willing to be flexible and expect increased hours around the holidays rather than time off. Pay for Customer Care reps does have a cap of $15. We have seen increases in base rate to reflect increasing minimum wages and have always been above minimum, but the opportunity to earn more would be nice. Health insurance is just meeting the bare minimum and I would like to see more options, but I think that's true for most employers these days. Sometimes team leads get very behind on huddles and one on one meetings so you're limited to chat or email communication at busy times when a verbal meeting would be more helpful. If you're someone that won't independently seek out help if you need it, then working at home might not be for you.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more information about the different departments and roles and career paths for advancement for those of us looking to grow.

7. "Office Politics Per Usual"

Former Employee - Full Service Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Full Service Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and vacation pay

Cons

No room for advancement. Unfair policies

Advice to Management

None

8. "Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Travel Pro in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Travel Pro in Weston, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucrative commission, incredible training and support, incredible incentives, solid insurance, caring and kind culture. Working from home is so much more efficient and healthy than commuting to a workplace.

Cons

Weekends and nights are a must when you are starting out.

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing what you are doing.

9. "Best company to work for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get to work in the comfort of your own home office, pay is good plus benefits with 401k. Travel discounts and benefits. Management and fellow employees are a family. Can advance within the company. I really love my job.

Cons

Only con I can think of is when you are first hired after training the schedule is a bit off because you have to work days. But it gets better.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you are doing.

"V.P. /GM"

Former Employee - Vice President GM in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Vice President GM in Wilmington, MA

I worked at World Travel Holdings (More than 5 years)

Pros

WTH is one of the largest sellers of cruise vacations which gives them incredible leverage with the cruise lines

Cons

Talks a lot about how WTH cares for their employees, meanwhile their comp is among the lowest in the industr travel industry.

In addition, the two brothers who are co-CEO’s are not ethical. They aggressively use their considerable cruise volume to pressure cruise lines not up do business with star-ups affectionately blocking competition on sairline partner RFP’s.

This is especially true which start-ups that are entering the B2B2C Partner Space which WTH has s monopoly

I am currently involved with a Federal Anti Trust action.

Advice to Management

Brad and Jeff Tolkin the brothers who own 100% of the company should stand in front of a mirror and see what the leaders of most of the cruise lined and in the cruise industry;

“ruthless, greedy and unerthical see, a person that will do anything to get and retain partners.”