World Travel Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "awesome to work from home and awesome ppl" (in 81 reviews)

• "Good work life balance, you have time to do what you want" (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not really flexible when it comes to work from home" (in 8 reviews)

• "Plus the team leads Hound you all the time if you're not making quota" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Sales Travel Pro"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Boston, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of overtime during busy season during months of Jan to April. Managers are super nice and patient and they give you many chances with this company. I have worked for sales companies in the past and if you didn’t reach a certain number they would replace you.
    Training is amazing and long and paid for and all done at home in your pjs!
    They mail you very nice equipment to do your job at home at no cost. I mean everything you will need: computer, monitor, keyboard mouse and mouse pad and all kinds of training guides and materials and it’s a pretty nice computer. That really impressed me. You can build up attendance points to take lots of days off if you need to. Great attendance points program here. Love it. Great benefits and an awesome 401k match that is usually a 3% match each year. Paid time off and paid sick leave.
    The sales leader Jeff Smith who operates everything is the kindest nicest person who has always had my back with urgent issues and same with all the other managers.
    The leads are all inbound and most people have done their own research online before calling you and they just need help finalizing their trip. So fun and easy sales.
    If you are not a people person though and don’t enjoy talking on the phones you won’t last but I am and I love all my clients. I have a lot of loyal customers that book with me multiple times a year and they are like family to me.
    Build your pipeline the first few years and it will keep growing with constant repeats booking with you. This company has great brands they sale for that are reputable so every call is a different brand so it never gets boring.
    I have been here 5 years and I was only going to work here part time and then go back to being a real estate agent again full time when the market picked up but I ended up loving this job so much that I will never leave. Do yourself a favor and work here!!!

Cons

Schedules aren’t the greatest your first year but it’s understandable that the senior agents who stay with the company get to choose their schedules. So stay a year and you’ll get the schedule you want.

Advice to Management

Let the senior agents do their own thing more. They don’t need the one on one coaching and meetings as much as new people do and they are very busy. Also don’t have so many meetings during waive season and trainings. But other then that I have really liked all my managers at this company. They have all become close friends and they never push their own agendas on you they are actually cheering you on and supporting you, another reason I love love love WTH!!!

"Amazing company with long term potential"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The culture of WTH is to deliver remarkable experiences to our customers, both internal and external. We have a big virtual community of employees and manage to stay very connected.

Cons

Working from home is not for everyone. It can feel isolating if you are not used to it.

3. "Cruise Planner"

Former Employee - Travel Planner in Fredericksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Travel Planner in Fredericksburg, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home. Paid training. Busy steady work

Cons

Pay and metrics. Newbies get bad schedules

Advice to Management

Travel protection insurance sales are slammed down our throats. I had a hard time convincing travelers to purchase it when I knew they didnt really need it at times.

"Great Company! Love the culture!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company culture. Room to grow and they LISTEN. They may not always be able to act on everything, but they do listen. Work @ home is available for many roles and despite being across the country from many of my co-workers, I genuinely feel connected, included and like I have a voice.

Cons

Work @ Home isn't for everyone and some can feel more disconnected.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant work to improve that you show today!

5. "Travel professional"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Good travel perks. Good attendance policy. No micromanaged

Cons

There is a lack of support in certain areas. When dealing with attendance you never speak to a person which can be hard if u have an emergency or need to verify changes to your schedule.

Advice to Management

Make live wfm agents.

6. "Great Job and Company"

Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Travel Consultant in New York, NY

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working in travel and helping people to see the world. I do this from my home in the North East where the cold weather and snow is a constant companion. How great it is not having to go out in bad weather and spending 10 hours a week in my car. Not to mention no longer having to dress to impress daily. This means no more dry cleaning, eating out and wear and tear on my vehicles. This alone is a savings of $10k a year.

I am blessed with becoming a trusted friend to hundreds of families. They rely on me to help them putting together a vacation experience which lasts a lifetime.

I make a good living and I am appreciated. How many people can say this? If you are self motivated. Have a good work ethic. Make sure you stand behind your promises and can multitask in a constant evolving industry then you will enjoy a successful career.

Cons

Working in a virtual environment can be trying at times.

Advice to Management

Keep working on updating the technology to overcome sluggish system performance.

7. "Customer Care Representative"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Work from home, vacation and sick leave, they provide computer and headset for a refundable fee when you leave the company, health insurance, 401K and constant training opportunities.

Cons

Open 24/7, they never close, upper management who try to avoid speaking to upset customers further escalating the situation. Some people are just rude which unfortunately comes with the territory in customer service.

Advice to Management

Completely close for Christmas and Thanksgiving, better train supervisors(fsa+) on desescalating situations

8. "Great work at home experience"

Current Employee - CCR in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - CCR in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home is fantastic, especially in an area where the commute in the winter can be dangerous and unpleasant.

Every employee I have dealt with from the hiring process to my team leads and coworkers have been willing to go above and beyond to help with any questions or issues that arise.

I'm able to work from the comfort of my home office and spend every minute of my breaks and lunches with family.

With an attendance point marketplace, it's possible to gain and spend attendance points to allow for schedule deviations without penalty.

With online meeting software and chat rooms for teams and groups, WTH makes sure we don't feel isolated even though we're not in a physical location together.

Cons

The number one con, is that being a 24/7 retail company you will sometimes see mandatory additional hours during busy times. Management does the best they can to allow us to pick up hours when it's most convenient for us, but it is retail, so you have to be willing to be flexible and expect increased hours around the holidays rather than time off. Pay for Customer Care reps does have a cap of $15. We have seen increases in base rate to reflect increasing minimum wages and have always been above minimum, but the opportunity to earn more would be nice. Health insurance is just meeting the bare minimum and I would like to see more options, but I think that's true for most employers these days. Sometimes team leads get very behind on huddles and one on one meetings so you're limited to chat or email communication at busy times when a verbal meeting would be more helpful. If you're someone that won't independently seek out help if you need it, then working at home might not be for you.

Advice to Management

I would like to see more information about the different departments and roles and career paths for advancement for those of us looking to grow.

9. "Office Politics Per Usual"

Former Employee - Full Service Agent in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Full Service Agent in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits and vacation pay

Cons

No room for advancement. Unfair policies

Advice to Management

None

"Best job I've ever had"

Current Employee - Travel Pro in Weston, FL
    Current Employee - Travel Pro in Weston, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucrative commission, incredible training and support, incredible incentives, solid insurance, caring and kind culture. Working from home is so much more efficient and healthy than commuting to a workplace.

Cons

Weekends and nights are a must when you are starting out.

Advice to Management

Just keep on doing what you are doing.