World Travel Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Pros
  • Work From home and saves on other costs (in 69 reviews)

• Good benefits package and pricing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • work from home career in the travel industry (in 7 reviews)

• They add hours on to your schedule so forget trying to manage a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

1. "Wth"

Former Employee - Customer Care in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Care in Orlando, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexiibility, work from home, team members, travel opportunities

Cons

Management, avaya phones bad quality

2. "Worthwhile if you are good at phone sales"

Former Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Agent in Dallas, TX

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Home- based job, can make a lot of money if you are able to keep customers engaged

Cons

They train you too fast to really understand the products

Advice to Management

You need more time for coaching.

3. "Great Intentions in a Challenging Environment"

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really do try to treat their employees right and create an open and transparent culture, as much as they can with everyone working from home. As an example, they give employees an HRA fund to help offset healthcare costs. Don't know any other company that does that. The opportunity for a good living is there with this company you just have to be patient and work hard. I hear scheduling is an issue for some, but honestly, that's what we signed up for to service people when they're available! There are so many people that I've seen grow and move into other positions with the company and that is awesome. I would recommend them to anyone.

Cons

There are positions that pay less than others but we don't have to pay for a lot of things that come with working out to home so it makes sense. This is a virtual work from home company for the majority of its employees, so there are some challenges when it comes to staying connected but they are always trying new things.

Advice to Management

Make sure to keep putting employees first and building programs to keep people feeling connected and you will continue to succeed and improve.

"Some good, some not so good, but great experience for a virtual job."

Former Employee - Virtual Travel Consultant
    Former Employee - Virtual Travel Consultant

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Working from home. Flexible scheduling if you understand the scheduling process. Pay is not as good as it could be but is adequate considering you are working from home. Good benefits package and pricing.

Cons

A little micromanaging can go a long way. A lot is just too much. Requiring extra training for cruise line specialist courses is time-consuming and you get nothing for doing the work, except your regular pay. The absentee policy is too stringent.

Advice to Management

Let experienced agents use their past experiences at selling. Most people who are calling want pricing and special incentives only. Make automatic Thank You emails to booked clients a MUST. They really do help and they give the agent information in the closing of the email not in the invoice . Make the incentives requirements easier for booked clients to understand and follow. Place them in an email not the invoice.

"Don't buy into this company's deceptive recruitment marketing"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Aside from the fact that you work from home, NOTHING.

Cons

Low wages, employee abuse and neglect, inhumane scheduling, and lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees better and get a new scheduling procedure. If you continue to abuse your employees your company will go under. Hiring large groups of people every year because most agents quit is a really bad look.

6. "Travel Professional"

Current Employee - Travel Agent
    Current Employee - Travel Agent

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fully trained every week through agency

Cons

Self-paced training with time limit

7. "Administrative Assistant"

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

Love this company, great culture

Cons

Nothing that I can think of

8. "Okay Job"

Pros

Work from home
    Provide equipment

Cons

Training is A TON OF INFORMATION
    You don't necessarily have the job quite yet
    There point system is horrible not realistic to fit someone's life

"Travel agent"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

bait and switch on $ salary no pros this is a big hamster wheel sweatshop operation. you will profit the coampny 1-2 million with the WTH getting $150,000 in commission and they will pay you $30,000 MAX

Cons

not a livable income, micromanaging, management only cares about their own $$ they do not care about customers

"WORST JOB EVER!"

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

There are no good things about this company!

Cons

Complicated pay system that never works in your favor, micromanaging by ALL management, ALL management is HIGHLY rude and will cop an attitude with you for asking simple questions. You are in training for 6 weeks, where you dont even learn everything you need to know to effectively do your job. If a customer doesnt book with you, kiss that money goodbye because no matter how much time you spend with them, all they have to do is call back 2 min later and pay with someone else who gets the commission (I spent 10+ hours, over a week long period, just to have a customer call while i was in a meeting and someone else got my commission). They lie and make you think that you will have any say in how you run your business from home but you have 0 say in it. The shifts are horrific and they will randomly schedule extra hours on you with no notice until you have missed those hours and its counted against you like you missed the entire shift. THIS IS A STEPPING STONE JOB, NOT A PERMANENT JOB! Dont stop looking even once you get hired, because more than likely you wont want to stay after the first couple of months.

I was told by my boss right after 6 weeks of training that "6 weeks is more than enough time to get all other experiences out of your system and learn how to do it the right way, which needs to be done by the end of today" I was expected to "forget" 10+ years of PROPER sales training for their style that ends up making customers angry.

As a customer I would NEVER call back after dealing with this company. They do NOT care about the customer until they have made some type of payment and even then they only care enough to bug them to come back and pay more again later. There is no respect for customer needs or wants, only for getting them to agree to put a deposit down on something they might not even want to do!

Advice to Management

STOP micromanaging, STOP being rude, STOP telling people "we have used this technique on thousands so we know it works" it works on thousands NOT millions! Stop treating your employees like slaves, STOP talking to them like children!