World Travel Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
World Travel Holdings Co-Chairman and Co-CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work From home and saves on other costs (in 69 reviews)

• Good benefits package and pricing (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • work from home career in the travel industry (in 7 reviews)

• They add hours on to your schedule so forget trying to manage a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

"Travel agent"

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

bait and switch on $ salary no pros this is a big hamster wheel sweatshop operation. you will profit the coampny 1-2 million with the WTH getting $150,000 in commission and they will pay you $30,000 MAX

Cons

not a livable income, micromanaging, management only cares about their own $$ they do not care about customers

"WORST JOB EVER!"

Current Employee - Travel Pro
    Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

There are no good things about this company!

Cons

Complicated pay system that never works in your favor, micromanaging by ALL management, ALL management is HIGHLY rude and will cop an attitude with you for asking simple questions. You are in training for 6 weeks, where you dont even learn everything you need to know to effectively do your job. If a customer doesnt book with you, kiss that money goodbye because no matter how much time you spend with them, all they have to do is call back 2 min later and pay with someone else who gets the commission (I spent 10+ hours, over a week long period, just to have a customer call while i was in a meeting and someone else got my commission). They lie and make you think that you will have any say in how you run your business from home but you have 0 say in it. The shifts are horrific and they will randomly schedule extra hours on you with no notice until you have missed those hours and its counted against you like you missed the entire shift. THIS IS A STEPPING STONE JOB, NOT A PERMANENT JOB! Dont stop looking even once you get hired, because more than likely you wont want to stay after the first couple of months.

I was told by my boss right after 6 weeks of training that "6 weeks is more than enough time to get all other experiences out of your system and learn how to do it the right way, which needs to be done by the end of today" I was expected to "forget" 10+ years of PROPER sales training for their style that ends up making customers angry.

As a customer I would NEVER call back after dealing with this company. They do NOT care about the customer until they have made some type of payment and even then they only care enough to bug them to come back and pay more again later. There is no respect for customer needs or wants, only for getting them to agree to put a deposit down on something they might not even want to do!

Advice to Management

STOP micromanaging, STOP being rude, STOP telling people "we have used this technique on thousands so we know it works" it works on thousands NOT millions! Stop treating your employees like slaves, STOP talking to them like children!

3. "RUN!!"

Pros

Work from home. THAT IS IT

Cons

unclear explantion of compensation, little opportunity for advancement. I'd give them negative 10 stars if I could. I was first told that for the first year, we'd receive $12 hourly for the first year of employment, and that after 13 months, we'd receive $15 hourly PLUS commission. It turns out that while we do receive the $12 for the first 12 months, it decreases to $10 hourly after 13 months. The old bait and switch.

Advice to Management

stop firing people for no reason.

"Travel Pro"

Current Employee - Travel Pro in Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Current Employee - Travel Pro in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, which is not always a pro, but has it's advantages.

Cons

Company is struggling and looking for ways to cut expenses, therefore paying us less. Each year I work harder and make less than the year before. Schedules are horrible. Not a good choice if you have kids, or a life.

Advice to Management

Lack of integrity, unfare pay scale, shady advertising, these are the reason you get bad reviews and lose your best agents. By the way, the last few reviews look fake. Any 4 star or 5 star reviews about great new schedule policies (which we all hate) are probably fake. Especially from Virginia Beach.

"Poor management and direction"

Pros

They have no pros to give.

Cons

Management and trainers are indecisive, unaware and misguided. Abrupt to their employees even newbies in training. Lack of communication between departments and even more lack of transparency is given to employees. Needs a complete overhaul of fundamental values and principle. Needs new management and trainers. Poor pay and although they provide equipment to you they also take $100 a week out of your paycheck for the first five weeks you're in training to cover the equipment. They say you get it refunded after you leave and all equipment is returned but with such poor management and lack of communication you will probably never see your money again.l

Advice to Management

Hire better supervisors and trainers. Stop this B.S, metric system for pay and scheduling. People have lives, we're not robots. Have some decency to not call your employee over and over each day when they're off because you feel you have the right to as an employer. Days off are there for a reason. To get away from work! Don't charge your employees $100 each week their first five weeks of employment. That's ridiculous! You make tons of money. You can afford to cover equipment costs. Start communicating better between departments and be more transparent with your Travel Pros and Reps. Get new management!

"Prisoner of your own home."

Current Employee - CCR in Wilmington, MA
    Current Employee - CCR in Wilmington, MA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No commute, but I would drive an hour each day for a better company.

Cons

I literally became a prisoner of my own home. No work-life balance. Schedules change constantly, they're always telling you to work through your breaks and lunches, they add mandatory hours willy-nilly and they deny PTO requests because of "business needs."

Advice to Management

Stop making excuses and address what's really wrong. Show ACCOUNTABILITY. You preach it but don't uphold it for yourselves. Stop robbing your employees paychecks.

"Villa Division"

Former Employee - Villa in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Villa in Wilmington, MA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work from home, that's about it. Nice co-workers and flexible hours based on need of customers.

Cons

Poor leadership. Managers were tyrants. Upper management has no clue and watching senior staff lose their jobs to downsizing is very concerning.

Advice to Management

Your company is not all that

"Not as promised"

Pros

They mislead you about commissions barely make anything on expensive travel packages sold. Push you to sell travel insurance on every package and it hurts your metrics if you dont

Cons

Work ftom home is an asset

Advice to Management

Stop having inexperienced people running the organization

"home base travel pro"

Pros

work from home no traffic ...

Cons

training was not the best no support after training.. expected to work like a robot ...and the payt is horrible...you are expected to work at time 4 extra ot hrs a day ..and your pay is never ot pay they offset it with your commission witch is a joke.... BEWARE FACTORY TYPE JOB !!!!

Advice to Management

What management you don t see them ..You only hear from them when they need you to work more hours !!!

"Travel Pro"

Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Travel Pro in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings (More than a year)

Pros

I have 15 years of experience in telesales. The job was sold to me as a very low base pay ($8-$10 per hour), but the opportunity to make LOTS of commission. Training was thorough, colleagues were excellent, and the big bonus was working from home.

Cons

Compensation is absolutely minimal for a sales position. I kept the position for almost a year because I was pregnant, and my average take home pay was $700 every two weeks, even though I sold thousands in cruises. No ability to negotiate hourly pay, micromanagement is an issue, monitor everything, and you MUST work on holidays, especially if you're new. I do NOT recommend this company. As an employee, I felt that the job and pay described were very misleading.

Advice to Management

Create a better compensation plan for your sales people. Reward employees with positive behavior. Change the negative work environment to a positive one. Hey, we're selling Cruises here!