World Travel Holdings Reviews | Glassdoor

World Travel Holdings Reviews

Updated April 17, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Work From home and saves on other costs (in 65 reviews)

• If you want to work this is the place for you (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before (in 6 reviews)

• They add hours on to your schedule so forget trying to manage a work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

"Great!"

Former Employee - Vacation Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Vacation Consultant in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You can work from home, great support team and excellent benefits. Your earning potential is in your own hands.
    You also have the opportunity to go on Fam Trips, to see the product that you are selling.

Cons

Changing of compensation plans in favor of upper management, sometimes made for a hostile work environment.
    Caused the loss of some very good employees judging from their sales figures.

Advice to Management

Keep compensation plans simple. In the training department it is very important that the person has a sound knowledge of Geography!

2. "I think this is a great place to be!"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Spg, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Spg, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

WTH is the largest cruise company in North America, and the travel business is a whole lot of fun compared to some of the other jobs I've had...Where else can you have a real work at home opportunity with a well established company that sells a "Real" product. I have friends that work for banks, insurance companies, cable companies - not much fun there! WTH has a six week training program that teaches you how to use the systems, sell to customers, etc. They have always been very good to me and the group of people that I interact with at the company.

Cons

The Cruise business can be complicated. It's sometimes difficult to sift through all of the different promotions, resident rates, professional rates. The company works hard to keep everyone up to speed on industry changes. Everyone learns at different speeds, so ask for help if you need it. The time off policy has always worked for me, and there has been talk out there of a new system that is right around the corner to make requesting time off even easier. There are travel opportunities that we have access to that are not available to the public. Most of the time these opportunities are not free, but they are a great deal if you have the money.

Advice to Management

I know alot of people who have won free cruises...I haven't won one yet...More free cruises would be nice! LOL

"second interview"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good opportunity, benefits, raises, vacations, pto

Cons

interview process isn't great. I spent all this time interviewing and waiting all weekend. Went through two very extensive interviews to get a generic rejection letter. Very disappointed that they couldn't even tell me why I didn't get the job.

Advice to Management

rethink your candidates.

"Just Ok"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Perks. Discounts on vacation trips, contests and giveaways

Cons

Not getting enough sales on the week will get all eyes on you

"employment through intimidation"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to work from home. The ability to sell cruise vacation's while in your PJ's. I worked for the company for over 3 years and when I first started it was a different place than it is now. BE WARNED!!! I left the company under good terms but I won't be back!!

Cons

I felt such a sense of relief when I left this company. I was actually able to stop taking the anxiety drugs that I had been on for a little over a year. You will stay employed as long as you are feeling that your job in jeopardy daily. If you can make it through the first year with no real issues and continue to live in fear of your job - you are safe. The top leadership has stepped away from the helm and left the running of the company to a woman who is out of touch with the most valuable asset, the employee. Team leaders are not experienced in real leadership but are promoted by their ability to intimidate or simply follow instructions with no question and those that do have great leadership skills are beaten down until they conform or they are demoted/fired.

Advice to Management

Top management needs to get back to the basics of running your company. It used to be the most amazing place to work. You have let down your employees and your customers. The excitement that was once generated is now replaced by fear and intimidation. Take your company back!! Remember what you are doing is about creating a great place for your employees that you used to refer to as family but now you cannot even remember the names of the faces you see. You used to come to the office locations and really open yourselves up to your employees but now you have shut the door to them. Your company will continue to be blasted until you make it what it once was.

"Not that impressive"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wilmington, MA
    Former Employee - Customer Care Representative in Wilmington, MA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from home, full time

Cons

Training will have you believing this place is a level above the rest but it's nothing special. Never could get a day approved off so I eventually just started calling in whenever I had appointments or outside responsibilities. My team lead was horrible. She wasn't interested in talking with you unless you were in the top 10 for sales.

There aren't any notable perks of working here. Travel discounts are very minor but even then you can't take off time to use them. Benefits are higher than most companies.

HR is worthless if you have a real problem or concern. You get the fake empathetic tone telling you they completely understand yet make no attempt to help.

Advice to Management

There is no point in advice. These people don't like change and are fine with the high turnover rate.

"MOST DISRESPECTFUL PEOPLE I HAVE EVER MET"

Former Employee - Virtual Travel Agent in Virginia Beach, VA
    Former Employee - Virtual Travel Agent in Virginia Beach, VA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing but rude and disrespectful people.

Cons

horrible program, disrespectful people, no true management,
    My daughter was injured at school... and my husband is active duty... They were all about me I was going to be one of their BEST employees and yadda yadda... boy they lied!
    My husband was leaving and they point blank told me that since my husband was leaving they didnt care... they were not going to work with me.. MY HUSBAND IS GOV. PROPERTY I dare them tell the government no. I called HR and they said go ahead... well then my Step daughter that I have emergency custody of (because of sexual abuse as they were told) and my other child had chickenpox.... I work from home.. so I should be allowed to have my chickenpox child here.. nope they told me that I was to find someone to watch her or they were gonna fire me.. THEN my step daughter came in to let me know that someone was here and i was on a CALL nothing major just a call with training.. * that is ridiculous and just unnecessary.* and they told me they were gonna fire me if I didnt show Military proof and doctors notes that my children had been sick and sexual abused! ARE YOU SERIOUS.. I sent over the information and proof because i have nothing to hide... and they kept threatening me.... I called military and black listed them as a company of recommendations!

BEWARE HORRIBLE COMPANY!

Advice to Management

FIND ANOTHER JOB!

"Don't Be Suckered In!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pros - well, it's a job in "travel" I guess & you work from home.

Cons

Where to begin...1st of all, the people in this company couldn't care less about anyone new. They don't even advertise & hire "Sales Reps". You are considered "Customer Service" however your only job-goal is to SELL. They treat you like they expect you to fail & the give nothing extra to ensure that you don't. They ILLEGALLY gather ALL phone numbers of customers without their knowledge. When a customer calls into one of the many phone numbers, they think they're getting an actual cruiseline customer service when in actuality, they're getting a call center that answers calls for MOST of the major cruiselines. The customer's phone number is visible to the phone agent, if if the customer blocked their number. IS THIS EVEN LEGAL?? Even if you've never done a work-from-home job before. It's like a factory & working on production. They will never allow you to send an email or written note to a customer. They ask "why do you need to send an email"? Well, because the customer specifically ASKS you to send them an email. WTH says there's never a reason to NOT close a sale when you've quoted a rate. It's absurd & agents are setup to fail. If you happen to luckily make some sales, then you will be scrutinized as to why you said a instead of b, or should have upsold the cruise with a better cabin. NOTHING IS EVER GOOD ENOUGH...NOTHING. The only people who do well with this organization are the ones who are already working there. DON'T BE SUCKERED IN!!!

Advice to Management

HERE'S A NOVEL APPROACH...START WITH HONESTY, both with yourself & with new employees. Stop illegally capturing all your callers' phone numbers, stop treating your new employees like you have no faith in them & expect them to fail. Spend more time placing value on your staff & you might see a decrease in your mind-boggling turnover rates. Correct the job titles & call it what it is...customer service & sales are 2 different things, in the rest of the world outside of WTH. STOP taking on more & more cruiselines as clients until you FIX what you already have.

"Very dishonest company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Call center is full of energy and busy most of the time. Pay is ok and benefits are ok

Cons

I read the post about this company being shady and dishonest. I could not agree more. I worked there for over a year and most of the fellow agents were cool, but the team leads and managers are shady. I found most of them did not know what they were doing, but would pretend and lie in a minute. Very disorganized, training offered months before it is ever needed thereby leading to one forgetting most of the info. This company simply lacks honesty, and the majority of managers spend most of their time covering up their mistakes and ego tripping. Horrible place to work unless you enjoy being sneaky and dishonest. The first act of dishonesty that this company perpetrates is in their job posting. They post the job as a customer service rep. position, but in reality it is strictly a sales rep position. Whether you stay or get fired is based strictly on your sales regardless of the quality of the customer service you deliver.

Advice to Management

None. The issue is not a dishonest manager, it is dishonest MANAGEMENT. WTH is content operating like they do and do not wish to change.

"Decent company"

Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Care Representative in Orlando, FL

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working from home is nice, there is a good support structure even though you work from home.

Cons

Don't even think about vacationing during "wave season". Was told upon hire could have off for family wedding at end of March and was told after working for them I wouldn't have that time approved due to busy season.

Advice to Management

Be honest about PTO and requests from the beginning.