World Travel Holdings "work from home" Reviews | Glassdoor

World Travel Holdings Employee Reviews about "work from home"

Updated Nov 13, 2019

3.6
World Travel Holdings CEO Brad Tolkin
Brad Tolkin
Pros
  • "Worked for couple companies as work from home(in 90 reviews)

• "WTH is a great job/career to have(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I was asked to manage 6 or 7 big cruise brands(in 22 reviews)

• "TERRIBLE TEAM leads, who could not coach a little league team(in 12 reviews)

Reviews about "work from home"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Rewarding Position to sell Memories!"

Current Employee - Travel Pro

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, company provided PC, lots of resources, benefits, and perks.

Cons

There is so many things that don't get touched on in training that you just have to experience hands on, come what may.

Advice to Management

Just to seek a more efficient way to tie into training all of the info needed to perform the position

World Travel Holdings2019-11-08
  2. "Great experience so far."

Current Employee - Sales Agent

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

Worked for couple companies as work from home. This company has it together.

Cons

None yet as I just started.

World Travel Holdings2019-11-04
  3. "Training for Success"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

I have been working at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

WTH provides an excellent opportunity for someone who wants to work from home in the travel industry. This is not for the faint of heart or for those who think they can babysit and work at the same time. You are well compensated for your training and work but you must be dedicated to working your shift and being accountable for your time. The training is intensive but it will help prepare you for your success. ... This is the perfect solution for me as a "retired person with too much time on my hands!" It has given me a new lease on life and for a person who loves travel and cruising, it's perfect!

Cons

Shifts are assigned quarterly and can vary greatly as to days off (2 week) the hours you work. You may bid on them if you earn points to do so. Your success is in your own hands but they give you the right tools to accomplish it. You are working from home and so must have a great internet connection and be able to work in an environment by yourself. They do provide great team support to reach out to for... questions, issues, etc. so you aren't just "on your own."

World Travel Holdings2019-10-28
  4. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Colorado City, CO

I have been working at World Travel Holdings part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great training, support, and management. Work Force Management willing to work with employees to ensure a good balance between life and work. Been working in call centers for over 20 years, and this is one of the best. I especially like that it is a legitimate work from home job!

Cons

Not enough people realize what a great company this is.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

World Travel Holdings2019-10-21

"Not For Me"

Former Employee - Travel Pro

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to work from home

Cons

The hours are long and the schedule is inflexible.

Advice to Management

I was very excited about this opportunity, however, it was not a good match for me. I received my schedule (1:00 - 10:00 p.m.) but it was not acceptable as I have children. The schedule is set for 12 weeks and you can bid on different shifts, depending on your performance. I left as soon as I received a better opportunity that allows me to set my own schedule. It would be great if they offered part time... positions, and the flexibility to set your own hours.

World Travel Holdings2019-11-13

"WTH is still misleading prospective applicants"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Orlando, FL

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to work from home

Cons

This company was dishonest when I worked there several years ago and it still is based on the job ad I see posted on several job sites. They are lying and purposely misclassifying the job title as a Customer Care or Customer Service Representative. The job is a Sales Representative. You are expected to sell cruises and vacation insurance. Every now and then you might get a call from a customer asking a question... about or changning a reservation, but 99 percent of the calls will be people asking about 99 dollar cruise that WTH has advertised just to get callers. You will then be expected to take that call and sell the customer a thousand dollar curise plus travel insurance. Your evaluation and your job will depend on how many cruises and travel insurance add ons you sell. WTH is still up to their dishonesty. Run from this company and avoid the frustration

Advice to Management

Nothing. They know exactly what they are doing in terms of misleading people both applicants and prosepective cruise customers and apparently intend to continue. They have been carrying on like this for the past seven years that I know of.

World Travel Holdings2019-09-10

"Travel Pro"

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was a work from home position.

Cons

Everything. No real money, bad support, horrible management, mandatory overtime.

Advice to Management

Invest in real recurring training.

World Travel Holdings2019-08-09

"IDK"

Former Employee - Consultant

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time

Pros

remote work from home and

Cons

i cant think of anything

World Travel Holdings2019-07-30

"Great Work Life Balance with No Growth"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Wilmington, MA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

1. It's a great company to work for If you are looking for Great Work Life Balance. 2. Flexible with Work From Home. 3. Not much work load. 4. Good for initial 2-3 years.

Cons

1. No Growth. 2. No Road map for Promotion. 3. Not much Learning

Advice to Management

Should value their current employees as they are assets for any company. Should work upon holding them and give them opportunity to Grow.

World Travel Holdings2019-06-14

"My Experience at WTH as a Travel Pro"

Former Employee - Travel Pro in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World Travel Holdings full-time for less than a year

Pros

For some it might be work from home. Lucrative for a few months during wave season. They provide equipment

Cons

I was a top new agent. I was left alone by my leads because my numbers were stellar. However the amount of training that they assign new hires and the amount of time they schedule in your very busy shift to complete does not add up. You must complete the additional training during WAVE season- why it is set up this way does not make sense, Also to grow in rank the training must be completed and the higher your rank... (TP2, TP3 etc) the more of your commission. I was a busy agent, worked the -2-11pm est time shift had lots of repeats and referrals-it was so hard to keep up with the work load (calling customers back when I would get 10+ voicemails a day) The other challenge is staying in the "green" with inbound calls when you need to work in the "red" with call backs and servicing customer demands. The WORST part of the job that you will hear over and over is that the culture of the company where other TP's and customer care agents can simply steal your bookings that you might have spent hours working and building by them simply collecting a payment- This happened to me so much that I quit. In training we were told that your Lead would/could agent reassign for your commission credit- let me say this NEVER happened ONCE! Its a BIG deal when every single person on my team is furious over it happening with no repercussion to the smarmy agents that do it- I have had multiple customers TELL me that when they called other agents tried stealing what I had already built- I am almost 50, I have cruised over 35 times, I was top in my class, professional with a long work resume and I tried to make this job work- At the end of the day I did not feel I had fair compensation for the LONG hours worked (including all the mandatory overtime in WAVE season). It was not unusual for me to work 12pm-1 or 2 am. I gained 40 pounds a new hate for the general public and all the shoppers with no intention to buy- You will work VERY hard for the sales that you get that is for sure but the amount of BS you take was not worth it to me. I just got back from a cruise and randomly asked about 25 people that I had met at dinner and such how they booked and 100% stated they booked with cruise line directly which makes sense as the bulk of your calls are shoppers that we cant compete with against Casino rates and such-

Advice to Management

Promotions. Seriously, there is way to much room for agent error which we pay for- all the small print- trying to read through it all while helping the customers is crazy,. There has to be a way to streamline it! I left your company because of all my stolen sales, your massive load of WTHU training during WAVE season and a general feeling that all the effort did not yield a livable wage. I made more money 25+ years... ago and had better life balance as an office admin- I think the Tolken Brothers are enjoying their lifestyles at the blood sweat and tears of their minions. I'm good, there is a better way- I feel sorry for my customers that I genuinely cared about and sincerely helped plan their vacations with- turn over is rampant with your company- I was at my last employer for 20 years :( I hate to look like a job hopper

World Travel Holdings2019-04-10