KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

World Vision USA President Edgar Sandoval
Edgar Sandoval

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Mission driven to make an impact

May 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mission driven to make an impact; seeking to adapt and improve; focused on developing people to their fullest potential

Cons

Hard to say no to new initiatives means we can be unfocused

2. 4.0

Some good, Some bad

Aug 5, 2022 - Account Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Vision, helping the needy, and doing good in the world

Cons

Pay is vey low and should be competitive

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Get in and Get OUT

Jul 28, 2022 - Donor Service Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits. Devotional time. Chapel time. Schedule options.

Cons

Management sucks. You work with a bunch of self righteous, savior complex people who hide their nastiness behind their Christianity. There is no such thing as work life balance. Your forced to milk people dry with asking them to give extra because if you don’t you’ll definitely be fired.

World Vision USA Response

Sr. Director of Talent Management

We are sorry that you did not have a positive work experience at World Vision’s donor contact center. As a Christian organization, we seek to accomplish our mission in a Godly manner by treating all staff with love, respect, and dignity. We acknowledge that working in the call center department is a more structured work environment, although we share these expectations upfront. World Vision values and supports work-life balance throughout World Vision.

4. 3.0
    Current Employee

Great work culture but less pay

Jul 18, 2022 - Business Intelligence Analyst in Seattle, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work Culture is very good

Cons

Pay is very less comparatively

5. 4.0
    Former Employee

Great colleagues

Jul 4, 2022 - Senior Advisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong community and nice people to work with

Cons

There are some challenges with working in a faith based setting.

6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Incompetent, Inept, Irresponsible

Jul 22, 2022 - Senior Manager in Federal Way, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They help people across the globe.

Cons

It is shocking how much good the non-profit actually does for the multitude of ways they actively work to destroy their own success. They spend YEARS - yes, years - working on projects only to abandon them. It’s thousands of hours and donor dollars down the drain. They hire many individuals out of college and retain them for lifelong careers, individuals who dig in and refuse to adapt new technologies, innovate in new ways that can help them operate leaner or faster, and are at times, immature and unprofessional. If that isn’t the worst part, individuals are bigoted or say inappropriate things, all with the excuse of being able to “ask for forgiveness” or it being acceptable because it’s a view taken in the Bible. If you support the LGBTQ community, stay as far as you can - this organization outright hates you.

World Vision USA Response

Talent Acquisition Partner

We are saddened by your view of your employment experience with us.  As followers of Jesus Christ, we believe that all people are created in the image of God and deserve equal love, respect, and dignity. World Vision U.S. is focused on lifting children out of poverty while sharing the love of Jesus Christ. We are guided by a multi-year strategy and follow disciplined practices to evaluate our programs and plans. We are also guided by a set of core values, including We Value People, both in our workplace and in our community-based programming. We serve all those in need, regardless of race, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, or gender identity. World Vision U.S. is proud to be a top-rated charity, regularly reviewed and held accountable by many third-party organizations including those over at https://www.worldvision.org/about-us/financial-accountability. We do not pretend to be perfect. We pray you experience a fulfilling work experience in your next organization.

7. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Inclusive culture

Mar 31, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Ideas are welcomed and encouraged. Incredible work with an amazing mission.

Cons

Cross collaboration can be tricky, because the org is so large.

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lots of potential but slow-moving and risk-averse

Apr 12, 2022 - Program Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Huge organization, so the potential to work with a diverse set of people and many opportunities to branch out. Also because of size, able to pay employees well and offer good benefits. Compassionate managers and senior leadership who see the humanity in their employees and in their work.

Cons

Extremely bureaucratic and grounded in old models, with a high aversion to change systems and processes in order to better work. Much of the work is shaped by colonial models of the US having answers to other people's problems.

9. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great organization that does amazing work

Mar 14, 2022 - Management
    Business Outlook

Pros

Strong culture and very relational

Cons

People are feeling burned out from workloads and covid

10. 5.0

Great work culture

Mar 7, 2022 - Program Manager in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work culture and professional development opportunities

Cons

None so far, but still very new

Viewing 1 - 10 of 296 Reviews

World Vision USA Reviews FAQs

World Vision USA has an overall rating of 3.8 out of 5, based on over 340 reviews left anonymously by employees. 88% of employees would recommend working at World Vision USA to a friend and 70% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -4% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, World Vision USA employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at World Vision USA. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

88% of World Vision USA employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated World Vision USA 4.2 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at World Vision USA to be benefits, coworkers and the cons to be diversity and inclusion, senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with World Vision USA Job Seekers