World Wide Technology Reviews

Updated May 28, 2020

4.2
Pros
  • "My situation proved that teamwork is a core value at WWT(in 235 reviews)

• "The leadership during these challenging times and how the team is handling this tough situation genuinely personifies our core values(in 100 reviews)

Cons
  • "I have not experienced any downsides to working at WWT(in 125 reviews)

• "There are people working for the company that do NOT follow the CORE values(in 45 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Hands Down, the Best Company I have Ever Worked For! WWT Puts it's People First!"

Current Employee - Practice Lead in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

The culture at WWT is something I have never experienced in this industry, WWT is like a family, when you walk through the doors it is energizing. With a foundation of trust, honesty, and diversity, it is a company you want to work hard for. The healthcare benefits are exceptional. Corporate headquarters is beautiful. The executives are approachable and friendly. WWT believes in giving back. I have worked in Technology for close to 30 years and have learned more in eight months at WWT about teamwork, and about myself than I have in my entire career. Thank you, Jim, Joe, Mike, and team.

Cons

We are growing so rapidly, the pace is pretty quick, but that is also a Pro.

World Wide Technology2020-02-13

February 14, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

This is awesome to hear. Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts!

"Amazing Leadership"

Current Employee - Agile transformation consultant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for less than a year

Pros

Atmosphere and Culture Leadership is truly concerned about the health and welfare of their employees Employees are all trained on Leadership and Mindfulness Lots of work for employees to feel valuable and impactful Constant communication from senior leadership and C-Suite lots of tools and great ability to work remote comfortably Benefits are outstanding

Cons

typical internal bureaucracy issues with gaining access to new tools you need to help get your job done within IT.

World Wide Technology2020-05-28

May 28, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and very appreciative of this feedback. Glad things are going well for you so far.

3. "Core values are mandatory and reflect the executive team. They walk the walk."

Current Employee - Warehouse Supervisor in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

WWT has an incredible executive team, led by Jim Kavenaugh. He has done an amazing job keeping the core values in tact as the company has grown at an incredible pace and globalized

Cons

The IT systems have not grown as quickly as the companies needs.

World Wide Technology2020-05-25

May 26, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much for this constructive feedback.

4. "Great company! Room for improvement"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits, culture and support from executive teams! Tons of career opportunities that can be grown from within.

Cons

Lack of training, low compensation for in-house employees and too often reactive in hiring or putting the right people in the appropriate position/roles.

World Wide Technology2020-05-19

May 20, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. I suggest you discuss the training you're interested in taking with your manager or contact someone from the Learning and Employee Development team in HR. Thanks again.

"Great Company culture!"

Current Employee - Intern - Hourly in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology part-time for less than a year

Pros

They have core values and stick to them. Constantly voted a great place to work, and spend a lot of time investing in their employees.

Cons

From my perspective, they have not been very open with communication about personal/career growth within the company. I am relatively new, so I am hoping this changes, but it just seems like the managers I am around avoid the topic when it is ever brought up.

World Wide Technology2020-05-09

May 14, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and fair feedback. Providing clarity on career growth is in development and it's a priority. Thanks again.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Amazing people who care about each other

Cons

Haven’t experienced any cons yet

World Wide Technology2020-05-11

May 14, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and thank you for caring about your coworkers, especially now.

"Outstanding Company"

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great company with outstanding top level leadership. They care about their people and they set a high bar for the products we're building and the level of service we provide. The technology stack is flexible based on the needs of the project and growth opportunities abound.

Cons

This is also a large company, so you'll find that culture will vary from team to team. Get to know the department and the manager you'll be working with because it will shape your experience.

World Wide Technology2020-05-07

May 14, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you! Becoming a large company (over 6,000 employees) has happened very quickly and recently. We've been very fortunate with this rapid growth but we are catching up on some things and adapting. Having a great culture is absolutely one of our most important priorities and key to our long term success. Thanks again for the feedback.

8. "A promising start leading to nowhere"

Current Employee - Lab Technician in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits package is world-class. Health/dental/vision/life all at a low rate with great coverage. The 401k matching is phenomenal, there is yearly profit sharing, and the PTO policy is well above average.

Cons

Unclear goals and communication from management. This is an AT&T "tech lab" but it's a glorified warehouse job. Despite being in a brand new building, it is already unbearably hot and humid, even though they claimed it would be a more comfortable environment. Favoritism among employees as well as between shifts. Not much room for growth.

World Wide Technology2020-05-27

May 28, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

I'm sorry things don't sound like they are going very well for you. I'm actually very surprised at the "give more transparent communication" comment. I can't think of a time that communication within WWT was any stronger than it is today. You really should bring forward your claims of favoritism. We can't do anything with non-specific information. Thank you for your feedback.

9. "I would go back in the future"

4.0

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, fun people, work from home options

Cons

The consolidation of management roles really overwhelmed the managers that were left.

World Wide Technology2020-05-26

May 27, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thanks. And I'm not familiar with the "consolidation of management roles". Best of luck with your new company. Thank you again.

"Its declining..."

Current Employee - Principal Consultant

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time for more than a year

Pros

Relatively flexible working schedule, excellent heathcare benefits and the top echelon (CEO and Founder) are really ((really)) good people.

Cons

No raise in 2 years, middle and senior management are male dominated and ego driven, nepotism is rampant. Women are not treated well here.

World Wide Technology2020-05-18

May 19, 2020Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. We feel we have a very diverse and inclusive environment for individuals of all backgrounds; of course this can always be improved upon. If you know of a specific situation where anyone is treated inappropriately, you need to bring this to HR or an executive immediately. Thanks again.

Found 1038 reviews