World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.5

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Rapid growth while keeping core values (in 19 reviews)

• Company going through growing pains (in 19 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Move I've Ever Made in my Career"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most companies talk culture. At World Wide, it is a way of life. Not forced on you, but taken on by you very personally. I come to work everyday feeling like I am a guardian of our culture-live it daily and set the example. My coworkers are the same way and the end result is the best work environment you can ever ask for. I'm relatively new and have never seen anything like this in my career of over 15 years. You're surrounded by people who also live and breathe the culture and are extremely talented. There are no barriers-this is a TEAM. My manager and my Manager's manager are incredible people who I can can talk to about anything in our business without worry of politics. LEADERS! They inspire me to be better through leadership-not scare tactics or micromanagement. The benefits are phenomenal and this is an absolute world class company. I am SO PROUD to be part of the World Wide Team! #WeDoIt

Cons

None. Seriously, there are none. This company is absolutely world class.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change what you're doing. And always remember the first "H" in our core values. Humility. We are growing so much, but we are all so blessed to be part of this company and we never forget where we came from! Our culture is unsurpassed-NEVER lose that!

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you! I agree, the "H" for Humility is a very important Core Value (THE PATH). We should have confidence in what we can do but, "never forget where we came from." Thanks... More

"I'm staying"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Benefits - Benefits - Benefits / Culture - Culture - Culture

Cons

I don't have anything negative to add.

Nov 13, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Great to hear. Thank you!

"Sad but true"

Current Employee - Individual Contributor
    Current Employee - Individual Contributor

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

CEO. (I've never met him, but he seems to have what it takes to lead.) Benefits. (Absolutely the best benefits.) Work-Life Balance. (WWT really does seem to care about your time away from work, too.)

Cons

I recently read another review ("Grateful and Invested") that really brings it home, because this person nailed it -- with a few exceptions. The culture outside of the top executive leadership is pure BS. It's window-dressing. It's a façade. It's faux "WWT Leadership." It's just not reflective of what is really happening. The senior management (for the LTC), including our VP, are focused on their own successes, their own KPIs, their own bonuses. And, unlike in other areas of the company, we look the other way, when this management fails, such as when we've lost business for no reason other than poor leadership, engagement, accountability by the executive leadership, specifically, for Supply Chain Operations. Pitiful. HPT or "High-performing Teams" are, actually, not high-performing, at all: It's about collusion, going along to get along, not making waves, molly-coddling inept leadership, stroking over-paid / under-performing senior leadership and directors. There is just too much so-called borrowed knowledge at this level that it's, actually, a de-motivator for many people that want to live the WWT Core Values. There simply is not much accountability and, if you threaten someone by your own skills or knowledge, you will ousted by way of a threat like "There's no place for you, here." and shown the door. If you're a senior manager, though, and play the game, there are huge perks along the lines of free lunches, off-site meetings, golf outings, leaving work early, posting ridiculous images on social media, etc. And, nepotism? Geez. Forget formal HR processes -- There are two people, VPs, that recruit and approve all new hires to the Edwardsville, IL operations. This has, actually, caused other very good people to leave, because they were not allowed to run operations based upon sound knowledge and proven business practices. Are we turning into a circus? I hate to concur, but we slowly are, because so much of what I've described along with a ridiculous level of political correctness of so much, here, is ham-stringing real progress. There is no rigor and discipline, just getting along and sweeping more and more stuff under the rug. I love this place, and I love my job, when I get to do it. This hurts.

Advice to Management

Grow up. Take a good long look, when you look in the mirror. You're leaders -- lead, follow or get the heck out of the way.

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

This is a lot to absorb and review. Thanks for taking the time to put this information together. I hope we can help improve things.

"Supply Chain Manager"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Manager in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company has great core values and an amazing environment to work in. The President and CEO care about every employee within the company and it makes for a family feel in the office.

Cons

With all the success with the company, the financial compensation is a little lower than it should be, but the benefits are unmatched.

Advice to Management

More individual evaluations and training opportunities. There are a lot of opportunities within the company and it would be helpful if management had a career path for each individual to maximize their potential within the company.

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. I think we're improving on the visibility of career paths in our larger and more established departments but we can do better. Much of a career path depends on the interests of the... More

"Supply Chain Specialist"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

This company is great, the work life balance, the family atmosphere the core values. I had none of these at my previous job, so when I found this company it was a breathe of fresh air. The job is challenging yet rewarding, we are pushed to excel each and every day. My manager truly cares about me and wants to push me to my fullest potential. I have worked here almost 3 years and I am excited to come to work each and every day.

Cons

Although our job is challenging and rewarding, I feel that we are underpaid for the jobs that we do. Although pay has increased recently to be more competitive with our competitors, we are still on the lower end in terms of base pay.

Thanks for sharing this.

"Still an Amazing Place to Work with Some Amazing People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The executives provide the foundation in our Core Values that allows us to do great things as a team. Hard work is part of being on an amazing team and I am on an amazing team. From the folks on the front lines in logistics to the Program Manager, there is a daily effort to make those around you better. It starts with open communication and thick skin. No one is perfect and we realize this, thus not taking constructive criticism personal. Shure it hurts to hear from time to time, that you made a mistake, but it is imperative that we hear it if we want to continue to improve. That to me is why WWT is a great place to work. Simply put, "people with values". I know there can be exceptions to this and growing fast makes it harder to keep those values across organizations but I know it is here and plan on doing whatever it takes to keep it here.

Cons

Struggles with recruiting. Growth provides struggles with assuring we have the right people in the right places and is more evident than ever that we have some troubles with building relationships in various organizations of the company. The economy and job market is not making things easy either but we have to find a way to get great people in here at all levels. I see an increase of negative reviews here and know that where they may apply in part, they do not describe this company as a whole.

Advice to Management

As we grow at an astounding pace, structure seems to be a struggle and I think we could pay a bit more attention to that structure. Getting organizations right sized is difficult and I feel that you have to stay engaged with what it takes to do the processes in order to stay right sized. Not just headcount but space, team sizes and where to split programs between operational management are all important. Keep organizations at a size that they can remain effective and duplicate that for growth.

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this very detailed and constructive feedback. Thanks also for your 10+ years of dedication to WWT.

"the best of the best"

Current Employee - IT Professional in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - IT Professional in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Employee Heaven. Real management without BS, super talented team. Iworked for them all, MS, IBM what have you, WWT is the best.

Cons

The best of everything, benefits, life / work ration, training.

Advice to Management

Keep it the same.

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you! Great to hear from the AZ TEAM. Good luck.

"Trending Up"

Current Employee - Supply Chain in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is so much to be thankful for when it comes to this place: the people I work with, my benefits, the emphasis that is placed on growth and development, being part of something bigger and endless career path opportunities. This company is growing fast and I'm happy for the success our executives have been able to experience. I truly like coming to work and hope that we'll continue to grow financially while maintaining the welcoming culture we have.

Cons

Truthfully, I think we grew faster than we were prepared for. I think that because of that our morale took a hit, but I think it can be turned back around to what it used to be. Hitting some bumps in the road is to be expected in such a fast paced industry. I'm anxious to see our leadership's plan for 2018.

Advice to Management

We are growing at a rapid pace...busting at the seams, if you will. I don't have advice, but want to take this opportunity to give a shout out to the HR team that supports LTC. On top of all their other responsibilities, they have been relentless with setting up countless interviews and screening candidates. They constantly ask for feedback on what we're looking for and on where candidates that were passed on are missing the mark. It's not easy to please everyone and I'm sure the job is exhausting. Thanks ladies for being so easy to work with and for showing pride in what you do!

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Ultimately, growth is a very good thing but, as you're experiencing, it's not easy to keep up with. Thanks for your patience and very good attitude. I appreciate the constructive feedback.

"WWT brings out your best!"

Current Employee - Supply Chain Operations Supervisor in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Operations Supervisor in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture
    Core Values
    Opportunities
    Learning
    Benefits
    I truly truly love this company. I can't wait to go to work everyday. My ideas and thoughts are valued and the company is doing the best to catch up with our amazing growth. Humility and trust is something the leadership team displays on a daily basis. I can't wait to see where we go and how I get to grow with WWT!!

Cons

I wish the warehouse employees went through Embark and were paid a bit better. So many start as a temp and work their way up to higher positions and they should be rewardered for that

Thank you.

"11/14/2017"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Project Coordinator in Denver, CO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

WWT has a strong culture. As a private company, they care about the people that work there. Senior management listens to feedback and the workplace is collaborative.

Cons

To get a decent salary, you either have to come to WWT with 5+ years experience, or leave WWT and come back. Professional Services only gives raises at year end, even if you are promoted.

Advice to Management

Figure out the salary issues in Professional Services. If someone gets promoted, they should see a salary increase. Why are salary increases only at year end?

Nov 17, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Depending on the circumstances of a promotion, an immediate pay increase isn't a guarantee. Typically, pay increases occur at the end of the year. This is primarily for budgeting... More