World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 23, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will not find a better work/life balance or support team out there (in 54 reviews)

• The executives provide the foundation in our Core Values that allows us to do great things as a team (in 66 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Move I've Ever Made in my Career"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most companies talk culture. At World Wide, it is a way of life. Not forced on you, but taken on by you very personally. I come to work everyday feeling like I am a guardian of our culture-live it daily and set the example. My coworkers are the same way and the end result is the best work environment you can ever ask for. I'm relatively new and have never seen anything like this in my career of over 15 years. You're surrounded by people who also live and breathe the culture and are extremely talented. There are no barriers-this is a TEAM. My manager and my Manager's manager are incredible people who I can can talk to about anything in our business without worry of politics. LEADERS! They inspire me to be better through leadership-not scare tactics or micromanagement. The benefits are phenomenal and this is an absolute world class company. I am SO PROUD to be part of the World Wide Team! #WeDoIt

Cons

None. Seriously, there are none. This company is absolutely world class.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change what you're doing. And always remember the first "H" in our core values. Humility. We are growing so much, but we are all so blessed to be part of this company and we never forget where we came from! Our culture is unsurpassed-NEVER lose that!

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you! I agree, the "H" for Humility is a very important Core Value (THE PATH). We should have confidence in what we can do but, "never forget where we came from." Thanks again and good luck!... More

"5 year employee"

Current Employee - Network Technician in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Network Technician in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, flexible work schedule, great working environment, management will work with you when you need to deal with life events. PTO is great right out of the gate. Ever Changing environment

Cons

Base Pay is slow to grow, need to jump from title to title to make any gains. Politics to get much further than that of supervisor (similar to my previous employeers but not to the same level). Ever Changing Environment (when you get comfortable with a process it typically gets changed)

Advice to Management

Continue the team building and core value promotion. It requires Rigor and Discipline but lead by example.

May 23, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for your constructive feedback. Congratulations on being with us for 5 years!

"WWT is a GPTW"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

WWT allows autonomy to do your job without any micro-management. Managers still have an open door policy that is practiced and preached in my area. I feel valued as an employee and am rewarded by some of the best benefits and perks I have encountered anywhere . There is an emphasis placed on team-building, networking, and social events to build camaraderie and trust across departments. I have fun in my role and enjoy the people I get to work with! Work/life balance is real here- if you work hard, you are rewarded for it.

Cons

Formal leadership training programs like NOVA seem to be very difficult to get into. Not sure what the selection criteria is or how to get noticed in a team full of A+ players.

I understood that new compensation plans were going to be a priority from a Corporate update, but have not seen any communications or plans laid out to right-side salaries of existing employees. Unfortunately, it seems in order to get a nice raise, you have to leave the company and come back at a premium price, even if you didn't gain any additional experience. Even with promotions, raises tend to be much less than IT industry standards.

Advice to Management

Professional development and more competitive salaries should be areas we can continue to focus on to attract the right caliber of employees, and then retain them for years to come. Conferences and Training definitely boost team morale, give you renewed excitement about your role, and competitive advantage... Pay keeps you coming back for more!

May 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. Regarding NOVA, nominations are performance based and determined by leaders within your department. Departments have a limited number of individuals they can nominate for each... More

"Supply Chain Manager"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Best company and culture to be a part of!

Cons

Nothing negative to say about WWT!

May 10, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you!

"Lead Warehouse Associate"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Continues to be a great place to work.

Cons

They can be a little too laid back sometimes.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

May 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this feedback and thanks for all your hard work.

"I want to retire here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Everything: the people, the benefits, the flexibility, the generosity for other organizations and charities, the leadership initiatives and open door policies...the list goes on.

Cons

It’s hard to get a substantial raise once you have been hired, but I do love the fact that age doesn’t play a factor in positions - WWT trusts younger generations in important roles and doesn’t sidestep quality just because of a certain number of “years of service”.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

May 7, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thanks for this feedback! Me too.

7. "ok"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Good coffee in the office.

Cons

Too much drinking of the Koolaid.

May 23, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Sounds like a waste of good coffee? :) Thanks.

"Phenomenal"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

World Wide feels like a startup, operates at enterprise scale, takes care of its employees in a way that's far off the right end of the bell curve, and boasts a fun, inclusive, and caring company culture that catapults it to the top of the heap. WWT will ask a lot of you and give a lot in return. Constant change is a given, and perpetual learning is an extension of the former. Come here to challenge yourself and have strong support and leadership at your back to accomplish what you set out to do.

Cons

As it stands: none.

All I can think of is WWT runs the risk of losing the recipe for its cultural "secret sauce" as it grows. Working to hire in terms of both competency and "fit" is paramount to WWT's retention of core values, culture, and top talent as it scales.

Advice to Management

Caution: Do not assume everyone knows everyone like you do. WWT retains many of its original employees, meaning there is a strong network and camaraderie established between a small, high level group. This is NOT inherently bad, but working to establish a strong team culture and sense of belonging within your group helps everyone feel involved and motivated, even (especially) the newest and least-connected members.

Apr 24, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Excellent feedback and thank you for the advice. Very well put. Good luck!

"Good company but not at the maturity level that I expected..."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great pay, great benefits and a good company on the right path to becoming a great company. WWT is not quite there yet.

Cons

Why is WWT not quite there yet? The maturity of the company is not what I expected. Senior leadership gets it, middle management does not. Middle managers hired in some cases, not all, are green with very little professional services field experience (as architects/engineers) that manage architects and engineers in the field that are rock stars. I have seen this first hand. This is disconcerting. Favoritism, nepotism and the good old boy mentality is very evident. Field services engineers are viewed as "resources" (nothing more) with little chance of advancement if they are contributing as rockstars in the field. Pidgeon holed so to speak. Advancement to higher level positions is hired externally, not developed. This has to change or WWT will lose the rockstars that bring in the revenue now and make the company shine. This group is invaluable as the future WWT leaders and with the right grooming should be given every opportunity to advance their careers through what I call "developing budding prospects in the farm system". Instead, these opportunities seem to be hired out externally. I am somewhat disappointed that senior leadership has not seen this trend. It's real. Is this practice acceptable? If I have one ask, it is that senior leadership recognize the talent that is helping WWT grow and move towards the path of transitioning from a good company to a great company by moving the needle a bit in the favor of those that have earned a shot.

Advice to Management

This message is for senior leadership. Pay closer attention to middle management and how they run their organizations. Challenge them to insure that the best talent is being hired internally before going outside of the company to fill leadership positions externally. Stop the nepotism, favoritism and good old boy tendencies that truly exists (as mentioned in other posts) and progress the company with best talent internally at all levels before going outside the company. Until this happens, WWT will remain a good company. The road to becoming great is recognizing these shortcomings and doing something about it. I hope Jim Kavanaugh reads this post.

10. "Client Executive"

Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in Dallas, TX

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Culture, Management, Benefits, People, Opportunity

Cons

High Expectations, Management needs to be closer to clients, Change often, Resources light

Advice to Management

Stay closer to clients

May 17, 2018 – Director of Human Resources