World Wide Technology Reviews

Updated May 4, 2021

4.3
Pros
  • "My situation proved that teamwork is a core value at WWT(in 257 reviews)

• "Live by their core values, and lots of opportunity(in 107 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT(in 140 reviews)

• "Core values are super important to the company, but people being people find ways to use the core values to their benefit(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of World Wide Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Simply Amazing

Nov 2, 2020 - Partner Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at WWT for over a year and my experience has been nothing short of amazing. From the leadership team that I work with to my counterparts that I work daily with the whole experience has been amazing. To say the benefit package that WWT offers is great is an understatement. The healthcare coverage that they provide is not only incredibly affordable for a single person but also for a family of 6. My manager not only cares about the quality of work that I provide on a daily basis but also how I am doing as a person. My manager is always willing to assist and help out wherever needed. I recently had a medical procedure done and took a leave of absence from work. Throughout my absence my manager reached out to make sure I was feeling okay and the team sent a get well soon card along with flowers. The moment I returned to work I had several team members reach out to make sure that I was doing okay. The love and support I felt from them was overwhelming and meant a lot to me. I have heard from several friends and former coworkers also how the pandemic has negatively impacted their organization however the approach that WWT has taken not only shows why they are a world class organization that sincerely cares about their employees but also their flexibility to allow families to work with their schedules when having to juggle children learning from home as well as providing the ability for their employees to work from home. WWT is more than a company, its a family that truly cares about their employees.

Cons

I don't have a single thing to say negative about WWT.

7 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. This is wonderful to hear.

2. 5.0

Great Place to Work

May 3, 2021 - Great Place to Work in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Senior leadership continues to take the company in the right direction.

Cons

none that I can think of

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Very kind of you to say. Thank you for your many years of support at WWT!

3. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Started great and slowly went downhill.

Mar 30, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits and some opportunities.

Cons

Company started out great but has since lost its way, they no longer seem to care about the culture and it’s turning into a metrics based business. Tenure, a “culture fit”, etc. don’t matter anymore if you don’t agree with management’s vision. They no longer need to provide legit reasoning for letting go of employees and will hide certain information when said employee asked for it; what are you hiding? I used to speak SOO highly of this company, what they stood for and how awesome they were, that has passed. I’m not sure if executives are aware of what’s really going on but they’re losing a lot of seasoned people that helped them get to where they are, but that seems to not matter. “Right seat on the bus”, no longer applies and the saying “we’ll help you find the right seat” needs to be removed from whatever message is being delivered. Managers wrap things in a pretty pink bow and send it up the leadership chain so it seems like the employee is terrible and in the wrong, I think you need to do a little more research around this because it happens more than you realize.

4 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and we are very sorry you feel this way after being with WWT for so long. If you are available to sharing some specifics on what you have noticed that has changed, we would welcome hearing from you. Metrics and measurement of any kind are important but shouldn't be at the expense of our culture. Thanks again and for your years of service.

4. 5.0

Best Company Ever!

Jan 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many Pros I'm not sure where to start. -I have never worked for another company who actually lives and breathes their values. The conversation around our core values, THE PATH, is ongoing and neverending. It's not just a poster on the wall here - it is the way we operate internally and externally, making sure we are consistent in practicing what we preach. - The leadership is unbelievably understanding and transparent. They are in constant communication with their people about what is going on from a business perspective, cultural perspective, and social awareness perspective. They aren't afraid of the touchy subjects of racism and injustice. We talk about it and it is encouraged to have an open and honest dialogue. - WWT takes feedback to heart. If an employee has something to say - someone is listening and action is taken. - Our benefits are really second to none. To know that my employer goes above and beyond financially and physically to ensure the safety and wellbeing of me and my family is simply a blessing. Pay is competitive. People are amazing. I feel safe and secure. There is plenty of room and opportunity for growth in my area.... I could go on and on.

Cons

Even the best companies certainly aren't perfect! I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT.... I just honestly don't have any.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. It's great and encouraging to hear all of this!

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Place to Work

Apr 3, 2021 - Quality in Edwardsville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Culture; Executive Leadership Team; Pay & Benefits; Growing Business; Leaders truly care about the employees

Cons

While there are ongoing efforts to improve, the technology utilized to drive our Supply Chain Ops is severely lagging. As a Technology Solutions provider, we should be on the forefront of new technology for Supply Chain. We should be able to use our Supply Chain as a marketing tool. How can we utilize our own operations as a testing ground for new partnerships & customer growth opportunities?

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Very kind of you to say. Thank you for the fair and constructive feedback.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

I Love to work for WWT, and you will too!

Mar 11, 2021 - Team Lead in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I like the work culture and the leadership and management. I get the opportunity to be part of several challenging supply chain processes and also manage my team. WWT partially sponsored my MBA from SLU. WWT promotes work-life balance and is an employee-friendly organization. The executive team is very successful in growing the organization and keeping the culture due to their focus on core values. Last but not least, WWT gives back a lot to the local community.

Cons

No one is perfect but I don't want to say something for the sake of it. There are always opportunities to do better and I am happy to say that the leadership team is working on it.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

This is great to hear and thank you very much for sharing your thoughts!

7. 5.0

As good as they say

Apr 16, 2021 - Technical Solutions Architect in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Four years in and hopefully many more to go. The projects, peers, and management (immediate and executive) make the company exceptional and unlike any other I've worked for. Also highly impressed with how executive leadership navigated the pandemic.

Cons

Can be challenging to advance in salary by taking new positions with more responsibility when moving under the the same org. Moving out to a different org to advance doesn't seem to be as much of an issue.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this feedback.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Diversity is something we need to embrace. Keeping an employee because of their color but doesn' meet performance goals?

Apr 7, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Get to work with multiple departments

Cons

Core values not practiced just preached

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Our core values and culture serve as building blocks for all our key programs that keep WWT a great place to work for all. This includes our D&I program, for which we commit to create a more diverse workforce to reflect the communities we serve. Performance goals, metrics, and merit are always based on an employee’s contribution and individual performance. Skin color, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, amongst other factors do not impact our performance and review process at WWT. As a tenured employee, we urge you to bring your concerns to your leadership and/ or HR so they may be investigated. Thanks again. Ann Marr, VP Global Human Resources

9. 5.0

post covid

May 2, 2021 - Solutions Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

lots of opportunity; good 401k and medical

Cons

mgmt raised quota and reduced compensation

Be the first to find this review helpful

Thank you.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

They truly prioritize their people

Apr 26, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Teams share information well and the company is very open about initiatives, from business to social.

Cons

Cross team communication stumbles from time to time, but it is improving.

Thank you!