World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 8, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.0

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Work life balance is great; Im able to work from home when available" (in 61 reviews)

• "The characteristics of the employees embody their core values" (in 76 reviews)

Cons
  • "The only thing I would put in this section would be to make sure the core values and the team attitude is continued as we grow" (in 28 reviews)

• "The company is experiencing growing pains" (in 27 reviews)

"Operations Supervisor"

Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lewisville, TX
    Former Employee - Operations Supervisor in Lewisville, TX

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Culture - Great leadership - Opportunity for growth

Cons

I didnt experience any negatives.

Advice to Management

Don't forget where you started, always tell people the story

Nov 7, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Very nice to hear from our Lewisville employees. I hope we can work together again. Best of luck!

"Time for a Change"

Current Employee - Manager in Maryland Heights, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits, Work From Home, PTO, growth opportunity.

Cons

There is room for growth at WWT, but if you're moving from an entry level position through the ranks, you will never get paid what you deserve. No matter how hard you work, how well you do, or how many responsibilities get put on your plate; you will not get a raise that matches. Ask for high salaries coming in or use WWT as a place to get experience and look elsewhere.

Coming from a professional services employee: 4 years.

Advice to Management

Rethink the ethics behind your salaries and promotions. Dumping responsibilities on your best employees and telling them they'll get a raise later is against everything you preach.

"Not a lot of companies listen to their employees..."

Current Employee - RNS Technician in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - RNS Technician in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people
    Good benefits
    Work you can take pride in
    Execs have your best interest in mind
    Room for growth

Cons

Still battling with finding the growth/good leadership balance. We took off so fast and had so many positions to fill immediately that there want time to vet or train up some of the people who were promoted. But they're working on that.

Advice to Management

If you'd asked me a couple weeks ago, I would have rated world wide 3-stars. It seemed like there was a general disconnect between upper management and the general employees. Reviews on here were going downhill and morale in the lab and warehouse was pretty low. But HR and upper management listened to what everyone had to say and are beginning to make some changes.

The company CEO and other members of HR and upper management came to Edwardsville for a town hall meeting to apologise for some of the mistakes the company has been making as they grew at breakneck speeds. They addressed the amount of time it takes for conversion from temp employee to full-time and have began hiring anyone who is eligible and has been there over 90 days. They will be implementing a tier system to come closer to industry standard pay. They are working on programs to help employees plan their path to career advancement and getting supervisors and managers to do employee reviews more often so that people have an idea about where they stand and what they need to work on to advance in the company. And they're working on coaching up or coaching out those who are currently in leadership roles that they just weren't ready for.

All these changes have needed to happen for a while, and it wasn't until people provided feedback to them that they could make the necessary changes. Jim seems like he legitimately cares about the people in his company and was unaware of the issues that plagued it. Not a lot of CEO's take the time to listen to their employees. And even fewer will do anything about it afterwards. Jim and his team have began to institute changes IMMEDIATELY following his visit. I'm happy to be a part of a company that genuinely cares about it's employees' happiness and well-being. Keep up the good work, guys.

Also, let this be a lesson to the average worker here. If there's an issue that needs to be addressed, don't ignore it until it gets out of control. Email HR if you don't feel comfortable bringing the issue up to your leads and supervisors. The people at the top care about this being a great place to work, but they can't do something about a problem they don't know exists.

Nov 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

It's great hearing this. Thank you very much for your support.

"Hands down THE best place I have ever worked"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boulder, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boulder, CO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been around the block, from federal service to some of the 'Big Boys' like IBM (for several years)... Bar NONE - WWT has been and continues to be the best place I have ever worked. This company goes out of its way to ensure the professional environment is collegiate, inclusive and one centered on GROWING the person holistically. Many of us who have been around in this industry for many years have scars from previous employers whose environments were competitive, or less than welcoming. World Wide Technology emphasizes the "US" position - as in - you are not alone out in the hinterland trying to figure things out... you truly are apart of a team whose goal is not only providing exceptional service to the client - but also growing you as a team member and professional.... The process to gain entry was THE most rigorous I have experienced in my 26 years of industry (8 interviews) - BUT the outcome of joining this exceptional 'FAMILY' is incredibly worth it. I am actually grateful to go to work EVERYDAY for this company. How many of us can actually say that (and mean it)... If you are reading this, it means you are looking or thinking about looking for a new job... I strongly encourage you to explore WWT as a possible avenue for your talent.

Cons

None that I can think of - from the CEO down to the worker Bee's - its is an exceptional place to be included.

Advice to Management

Keep the emphasis on your people and this company will continue to grow

"Regional Manager - Professional Services"

Current Employee - Regional Manager
    Current Employee - Regional Manager

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hands down family company. Your personal family and work balance is top priority and you are also a member of the WWT family where all for one and one stands for all. Leadership Team is by far the most empathetic and transparent of any company I have ever seen. The pay is generous and the additional benefits (health care, 401k, PTO) are second to none. There is a reason this company is Fortune's 100 top places to work so many years in a row.

Cons

Being "World Wide" can make cultivating the amazing corporate culture across the world a little difficult. I have to admit, it is nice to experience a little different flavor at each different office around the world.

Advice to Management

I love all that you do, keep on it ! I would recommend however, that we institute some sort of pay scale system for our team. There are substantial peaks and valleys in the way we compensate. To be fair, WWT is most often generous, but there are some gaps with equal talent that should be a little closer compensated. The military, Boeing, and some other very large organizations have done a decent job of this, so Im sure its nothing we cannot accomplish. It helps to motivate our team with knowing the compensation opportunities and knowing they are being paid fairly in comparison to their peers.

Nov 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this constructive feedback. I really appreciate it.

"Best Company in the World"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I work within Professional Services. My immediate manager is one of the best managers I've ever had in my life. Her Director is equally as impressive. I work for good people and I'm proud of my team. As I left GHQ today, I turned around, noticed the beauty of the building, thanked God for WWT, and thought about what being employed here has done for my life.

Cons

Every company has cons. WWT is no exception. This area of this survey is not about how it compares with other places. Its about how WWT can improve. While we are the greatest company in the world, we still have things to work on. Our closet isn't clean. Its cleaner than most though. For me, the biggest con is that we can't predict the future fast enough. Scaling is a constant problem and it impacts the culture. We can't hire people fast enough. It take some time to get them up to the level we need them at from a knowledge point. We are complex. Focusing on only adding billable resources is harming the culture. Some people are working way to many hours.

Advice to Management

Ensure all managers have succession plans that foster employee development. I would like to see opportunity for employees to gain professional certs from WWT. This will add value to the worker, which in turn will add value for customers. Hold managers accountable when positions need to filled by people outside the company. It is managements job to develop employees. If we have to go outside, we've failed our employees. That will happen sometimes. But it doesn't have to happen if we do our best to prevent it.

Nov 14, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this very helpful and constructive feedback.

"Great place to work"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Good benefits
    Good culture
    Opportunities to move into other areas within WWT

Cons

There is some favoritism within the different departments

Advice to Management

You can preach the core values all you want but it means nothing if management isn't following them as well.

"Great Place to Work"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

The benefits are fantastic and leadership truly allows you to do your work. I am passionate about working here and feel proud to do so. Side note, its amazing to wear WWT attire around St. Louis and have people come up to you and ask you about it since they themselves have heard great things, its a great feeling.

Cons

None at the moment that I can think of.

Nov 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and thanks for showing off your WWT logos!

"Still a Great Place to Work but could be slipping."

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

Paid benefits, flexible work hours, caring employees. An executive team like none I ever met or seen before. Executive team takes the time to meet and talk to all of the employees. They genuinely want to receive feedback on how to improve the company and make it better for all employees.

Cons

Nepotism. <=> Under qualified mangers/leaders in key some key positions. Hard work and personal sacrifice not always recognized or rewarded. Culture being used is negative ways to impeded positive progress.

Advice to Management

Recognize when the role has outgrown the manager/leader and take faster action to get the right person for the role.

Oct 22, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you.

"Best CEO To Work For!!!"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edwardsville, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Edwardsville, IL

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

(Tried to share this October 16th but didn't go through) I just met the CEO Jim Kavanaugh after a meeting with his warehouse family to discuss and get feedback about things that could be better. I am insanely impressed with this humble gentleman. During the meeting he took ownership of the things that can be improved upon and sincerely listened to his people ask questions and give feedback. After the meeting I approached him and asked for a few minutes in private to discuss something and he said absolutely. So i walked away to allow him to meet and shake hands with all the people excited to see him and after that he came to me and listened to what was on my mind and heart. I want to share with everyone that he was very attentive and genuine in our discussion and was very engaged in brainstorming solutions to what we were discussing. This is only my fourth job ever with long tenures at my previous three and I have Never seen a CEO come listen to his people and take the time out of his busy schedule to meet and talk to someone as he did myself today; maybe that's because the other CEO's don't have the heart in it as much as Mr. Kavanaugh does. To say the very least though, this is not a job to me; this is the beginning of my career and as if I wasn't already happy to be growing here, meeting Mr. Kavanaugh face to face and personally engaging with him has cemented with me that this is the type of leader that I want to make as proud of me as I am working under him. :)

Cons

Sometimes it just takes a few bad apples to ruin it for everyone.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing because despite those few bad apples there are far many more of us that genuinely have Passion for all we do and truly appreciate the opportunities presented to us here. Trust in Humility, Embrace the Passion, and Attitude, and Teamwork, Honestly; and with Integrity. Teamwork and Hustle. One Team One Goal. :)

Oct 23, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. It was great for you and the Edwardsville TEAM to host Jim. Very nice of you to write this. Thanks again.