World Wide Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated July 13, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.4

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You will not find a better work/life balance or support team out there" (in 54 reviews)

• "The executives provide the foundation in our Core Values that allows us to do great things as a team" (in 67 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best Move I've Ever Made in my Career"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Most companies talk culture. At World Wide, it is a way of life. Not forced on you, but taken on by you very personally. I come to work everyday feeling like I am a guardian of our culture-live it daily and set the example. My coworkers are the same way and the end result is the best work environment you can ever ask for. I'm relatively new and have never seen anything like this in my career of over 15 years. You're surrounded by people who also live and breathe the culture and are extremely talented. There are no barriers-this is a TEAM. My manager and my Manager's manager are incredible people who I can can talk to about anything in our business without worry of politics. LEADERS! They inspire me to be better through leadership-not scare tactics or micromanagement. The benefits are phenomenal and this is an absolute world class company. I am SO PROUD to be part of the World Wide Team! #WeDoIt

Cons

None. Seriously, there are none. This company is absolutely world class.

Advice to Management

Don't ever change what you're doing. And always remember the first "H" in our core values. Humility. We are growing so much, but we are all so blessed to be part of this company and we never forget where we came from! Our culture is unsurpassed-NEVER lose that!

Oct 23, 2017 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you! I agree, the "H" for Humility is a very important Core Value (THE PATH). We should have confidence in what we can do but, "never forget where we came from." Thanks again and good luck!... More

2. "Even better place to work"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time

Pros

The company really listens to their employees and takes all feedback into consideration. They want to better their employees and professionally.

Cons

PTO- once you've worked there for 10 years you are capped at 5 weeks. As a new hire, once you get past your 90 days, you start accruing 3 weeks, when all you've really proven is that you can interview well. And then at 5 and 10 years a week is added and then that's it. The company is undergoing a new business process mindset that is going to be awesome and are leaning on those folks who have had 10+ years experience, not the new hires. So I think its time to expand the PTO to allow an additional week at 15, 20, 25 - at least. The gift from the catalog is nice, but an extra week is really the better reward.

"PM"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology (Less than a year)

Pros

great company, pay, flexibility, growth

Cons

nepitism, politics, upper management, disconnect between teams

Jul 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and welcome to the team. Your "Cons" are concerning. If you're comfortable in sharing specifics, please contact HR or a member of the Executive Team. Thanks again.

4. "Great Place to work with the potential for more"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to work, great teams,nice benefits

Cons

Unclear path on how to advance in career

Advice to Management

I would enjoy more programs and training to help people gain experience for positions they would eventually like to move on to within the company. I know some of those things exist but I know there could be more.

"Had a great time"

Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Intern in New York, NY

I worked at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great opportunity to get the feel of the real analytics and informatics world

Cons

none, enjoyed every bit of it

Jul 5, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Glad you had a great experience. Thank you!

"When is enough -enough"

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The culture beneath executive leadership is unparalleled and truly a “no man left behind” mentality. The co-founder of the company started WWT with real values that he left written for us to follow. The delivery teams display these values day in and day out. These teams dedicate long nights, weekends, and holidays to provide the best customer satisfaction and truly exemplify what THE PATH is all about. It is dis-heartening to admit this dedication is now being threatened.

Cons

Why is this dedication being threatened?

Example 1: A PC has been working at WWT for 4 years and performing at Program Manager Level with the true character of a leader. This PC has taken on a hard ball banking company project without a pay raise and no hope of one in the near future. There is a large gap between associating promotions with pay raises; minor bumps in pay to reward for extra effort need VP approval.

Example 2: A PM is now graded on performance for the project financials which involves a deduction in pay, pay that was initially agreed upon when hired.
    An Engineer is governed (at VP level) to keep utilization high, which concludes that efficiency for any tasks will work against him/her. It is in the best interest of the engineer to keep their utilization high, which consequently supports non-efficient, billable hours to maintain that high utilization rather than be cost efficient on a project and save money for WWT as a whole.
    These same hours affect the PM's grading performance on financials that will ultimately deduct their pay. In conclusion, Engineers are not seen as busy unless they bill hours to prove they are being utilized. So why would an engineer want to be efficient at a job? At the risk of compromising their utilization and losing their job it is difficult to say.

Example 3: An Engineer Manager not being able to conduct interviews since all candidates must be interviewed by the VP. The EM knows more about the expectations of the customers and does not even get to provide input since the choice is at the sole discretion of the VP.
    A PMO manager who is not able to get assistance for his/her team to relieve PMs because any new hires must have VP approval. The PMO was tasked with governance, VP level request, on an audit process that was not fully baked however became a mandatory requirement, which continually changes and uses up non-billable time. PMs spend 45% of their time on processes and governance- which includes reporting Risks and status reports on 3 different platforms- Yet, PMs are showing a low utilization.

Example 4: An office space performing multi-site deployments, made for 54 people is now occupying 70 and running 24/7. Employees sit too close to each other, which makes conference calls near impossible. There is still no approval to obtain a bigger space, since, you guessed it, only the VP can approve.

Advice to Management

Servancy Leadership- that is what this company was founded on. Your delivery services are only as good as your employees and their eagerness to give 8-12 hours every day. It is not because of the job these employees put in long hours, it is because of being a part of a company that gives back. A VP that can lead by example, instead of constant reactions that mirror the behavior of law enforcement A Zero Defect Policy that always results in a process for governance is not the way to go.
    Coaching upward will backfire- and already has…so what’s the point?

"supervisor"

Current Employee - Supervisor
    Current Employee - Supervisor

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

great benefits and great culture

Cons

I think the pay could be better

Advice to Management

research pay

Jul 6, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you for the feedback and your years of dedication. Good luck.

"No complaints"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Maryland Heights, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, benefits, pay, challenging, empowering, growing. I couldn't imaging working anywhere else.

Cons

With all companies that have exponential growth there are challenges, but I think WWT is doing a great job of managing these.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your employees

Jun 27, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much and good luck.

"Business Development Specialist"

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Success starts at the top. The leaders at WWT do an outstanding job at investing in their employees. Working in such a collaborative environment forces you to get to know your colleagues, and it creates a sense of belonging to something greater than yourself. The people at WWT are incredibly smart, and never have to be told to work hard, it's just the way things get done. Couldn't be happier with this great company. Thank you WWT!

Cons

I think growing pains is number one, and a good problem to have. So many teams are exploding right now with new hires, and it can be difficult to fully onboard someone new. Some people need more attention than others, and I can see where some feel left behind a bit. It's a fast paced company and it requires you to stretch outside your comfort zone. Push yourself, and you'll get up to speed quick.

Advice to Management

Don't let off the gas... full speed ahead!

Jul 2, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you and welcome to the team. You have a great attitude. Thanks for the feedback!

"Better than most companies this size"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at World Wide Technology full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Solid benefits
    Good culture for a company this size
    Emphasis on maintaining good culture
    Decent raises (if you ask)

Cons

Emphasis on extreme growth
    Requires hotel roommates at company conferences
    Slowly deteriorating culture as a result of growth
    Increasing middle-management
    Less opportunity to work outside your core role
    Amateur marketing for a “World Wide” company - #SiliconValleyInSTL

Advice to Management

Offer some innovation areas within the company that are safe from the increasing process and middle management for employees who have a lot to contribute but want the startup/small company environment that used to exist.

Jul 6, 2018 – Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Culture is the most important thing, especially with the rapid growth we've experienced. Sharing hotel rooms at some of our larger conferences is due to space limitations and we really... More