Cover image for World Wide Technology

Join the conversation on

Tech

470.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Employer-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=World Wide Technology~9553
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The company offers great benefits and really seems to go out of their way to look out for their employeees.(in 323 reviews)
  • "WWT has a great culture and tends to hire people that are a lot of fun to work with.(in 246 reviews)
  • "Some great people that are highly driven and competent that show up everyday and want to win.(in 159 reviews)
  • "Great 'Core Values' system that is leaning toward being nothing more than a slogan.(in 94 reviews)
Cons
  • "Bad management.(in 63 reviews)
  • "Pay is low for some and you will NOT get where you deserve unless you quit and come back.(in 62 reviews)
  • "Bad managers do work here and there is a community of them powered by the lack of process and enforcement of standards.(in 55 reviews)
  • "I believe my department shows major favoritism and is not letting me get a fair chance of showing the good I could bring to this company.(in 28 reviews)
  • "Salary is not competitive(in 26 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of World Wide Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best Company Ever

Aug 30, 2022 - Consulting Systems Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, working atmosphere, company culture

Cons

I dont see any need for improvement

2 people found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you so much for your feedback, and we are delighted to hear your experience working at World Wide Technology has been a positive one!

2. 5.0

Feedback

Dec 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and work / life balance support are really great

Cons

Even though management works hard to promote a philosophy of 'no surprises' and trust, this is not the experience for many employees.

3. Join the World Wide Technology team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0

Beware of services-oriented employment

Dec 3, 2022 - Professional Services Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

The current health insurance plan is good.

Cons

1) Frequent layoffs. WWT is hyper-focused on their "Great places to work" status, but only current employees are surveyed. Entire teams are often laid off without warning and without their "great employer" first attempting to relocate them elsewhere in the company or with regard to existing client contracts. This leads to a culture of uncertainty & fear, where workers are told to not to worry about the other cattle being loaded into trucks. 2) Services-oriented executive leadership is perpetually floundering. They simply don't know how to sell services, but when they do land a few deals they rapidly over-hire for those skillsets to meet anticipated future demand which never materializes, leading to a yo-yo-diet workforce. This feeds into layoffs as outlined in item #1. 3) They track every hour of your day with an internal tool requiring justification for everything. Viewed by some as micro-management is actually compensation for #2. 4) WWT thinks their "values" (the PATH) are unique in the industry, when in fact most large orgs have similar corporate mantras. What's unique is how hard WWT pushes these values in a cult-like manner, preached via weekly all-hands meetings and individual discussions with management centered around them. This is in addition to the billionaire chairman's "prosperity theology" ramblings, which may not be everyone's cup of tea.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Touts Diversity but Doesn't Deliver; Toxic Work Environment

Nov 28, 2022 - Sr. Project Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large company full of high performing individuals. Good exposure to different types of technologies.

Cons

WWT is always listed as a great place to work by Forbes, but it might be useful to understand how they get on that list. They communicate this within their company, over and over, ad nauseum. You are called out if you don't fill out the survey and rank them high. The Forbes list is pushed all the time, all year long. The result is they become more about being named on the list than truly being a great place to work. They have ERG's for LGBTQIA+, Women, POC, etc. however those groups get almost no budget or support from the actual decision makers. They forced Christian prayer sessions during Covid (!!!) and didn't offer alternate religions or a supportive space that wasn't prayer. They often send communications from a religious standpoint which alienates non-religious people. They say they are inclusive; they are not. I, personally, received negative retaliation for coming out. This company only cares about money. They do not have a positive environment, do not care when people may be going through periods where they have to disengage or work a little less to deal with a family issue. If you do not perform at the highest level, all the time, it will not go over well. They do not let you forget mistakes and everyone is always on pins and needles. It's truly one of the most toxic places I've ever worked despite always getting glowing reviews.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review. At World Wide Technology, being a Great Place to Work for All is built into our company mission and core values. We continue to work towards this goal every day, and encourage our employees to participate in the survey and other avenues in order to give honest feedback about our workplace and culture. While we do allow religious expression, including prayer calls, led by employees we do not require attendance for those who have different belief systems, and would encourage others to hold space for religious practices within their communities if desired. We would encourage you to discuss your concerns in more detail with Human Resources if you are open to this.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A company that lays people off right before Christmas

Dec 5, 2022 - Architect in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast-paced operation not afraid to blow things up.

Cons

Fast-paced organization that's very slow to evaluate its own processes and doesn't look at the calendar. They took 6 months to decide they were overstaffed in one division, and then did layoffs 3 weeks before the holidays. . Culture is based on how much people living in St Louis hang out with other. Company struggline to determine how to integrate remote employees. We'll do a big holiday party here at HQ and ignore everyone else. . CEO and senior leadership are super into charity work, but are disengaged with partner relationships.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Opportunity Awaits

Aug 25, 2022 - Senior Order Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

With the right attitude and full buy-in of the core values, there is limitless potential to succeed here. I started as a temp employee five years ago and have been promoted as many times. I have no college education and learned everything about the industry on the job. Wish I'd have joined this company earlier in my life, honestly. To the hard-working people in the lab and warehouse, don't fall into the trap of thinking you're stuck. Maintain a positive attitude, learn everything you can, and put yourself out there. Apply for anything you might be interested in, even if you think you might not qualify for it.

Cons

If you work in the lab or warehouse, sometimes there is little transparency on "how" to succeed here. If you work hard and do well, some members of leadership try to do whatever it takes to keep you on their team, even to your detriment. I think more work could be done with lower-level leadership in lab and warehouse positions so their employees feel like their leadership WANTS them to grow and move up in the company.

4 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much for your constructive feedback and your many years with WWT.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Good Benefits, Impossible to get a promotion or new role

Nov 25, 2022 - Senior Project Manager IT in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits, Good PTO and Holidays. Excellent training and tools. Good Culture and Core Values are embraced by the highest levels within the company. Not so much at first and second level management.

Cons

I work in the PS PMO. The amount of processes and overhead continues to increase, quarter after quarter. Adherence to the Processes are more important than the Product/Services being delivered. I find it impossible to get a promotion or move into a different role. One of the VPs told me if I didn't get "invited" to apply for a position by the hiring manager, I was already out.

1 person found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your review and we are glad to hear the company benefits and culture have been a positive aspect of working at World Wide Technology. We understand that adopting and implementing new processes can be challenging, but the objective is for these changes to streamline work and ensure a greater experience for customers. Career development is a priority at WWT, and we encourage you to discuss career pathing with your immediate supervisor or our Human Resources team in order to understand what is necessary for your advancement within WWT!

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good health insurance, average other benefits, terrible paternal leave, below industry pay

Oct 8, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer IV in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance is some of the best available and pretty cheap Culture is great. Worked with awesome people. Nice to be able to switch projects when available 401k match is alright, but vesting time is terrible

Cons

Way below industry pay, especially when they don't have any RSUs to give out. Base pay is significantly below competitors, guaranteed bonuses are non-existent. Paternal leave is 3 weeks, way below other technology companies. Unacceptable

8 people found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Specialist

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear that our health benefits package and culture are a positive to the WWT work environment. We understand that compensation and parental leave structures are an important aspect of the employee experience and we will continue to evaluate for competitiveness. Additionally, all full-time WWT employees are offered the same benefits for themselves and their families regardless of their role or their department. All our pay ranges are provided by third party professional compensation organizations and not “crowd sourced.” This ensures we are always staying competitive within the current job market. Thanks again.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Good, Used to Be Great

Aug 30, 2022 - Senior Director Business Development in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

WWT has the best capabilities in the world in its space. It's a true pleasure working with customers knowing that you can deliver highly differentiated world-class solutions. The people at WWT are second to none. There are virtually no jerks anywhere in the company. There is also a constant drumbeat to continue improving and innovating, which assures that WWT will continue to have success.

Cons

I used to think I'd retire at WWT, but now I don't know if I'll make it through the year. Values are what the organization thinks are important, but culture is how those values manifest in real life. While the culture in the ranks is still good, our senior leaders aren't following THE PATH like they used to. Some have weaponized it to pursue their own goals. I've lost significant trust in some of the most senior leaders. Not only aren't they being held accountable, but they don't seem to care either. Who you reward and promote tells the rest of the organization what you value. Today, WWT is telling the organization they value connections, location, pedigree, longevity, and diversity more than they value contribution and impact. Some recent reorganization decisions are perplexing at best.

3 people found this review helpful

Talent Engagement Specialist

We want to thank you for the positive feedback and the optimistic outlook you have on World Wide Technology! Our vision is to be the best technology solutions provider in the world and we are pleased to see that our employees agree that we have a bright future ahead! We also strive to be a great place to work, and lean heavily on THE PATH to guide all decisions. Thank you for your constructive feedback, and we continue to strive to develop our managers through leadership and managerial trainings that will help us be a Great Place to Work for All – no matter the role, seniority, or experience.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Career Opportunities in IT

Dec 4, 2022 - Team Lead in Saint Louis, MO
    Business Outlook

Pros

I love working for WWT. It offers work-life balance and healthcare benefits are wonderful. The culture is truly amazing.

Cons

I have been very patient for several years seeking for promotion and growth opportunities within IT however unfortunately me and my peers haven’t seen a path to grow. I also continue to see inequality in promotions in IT. We have filled internal surveys and brought this issue to the management however me and my peers are yet to see any progress.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,849 Reviews
</>Embed

World Wide Technology Reviews FAQs

World Wide Technology has an overall rating of 4.1 out of 5, based on over 2,041 reviews left anonymously by employees. 80% of employees would recommend working at World Wide Technology to a friend and 75% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, World Wide Technology employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at World Wide Technology. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

80% of World Wide Technology employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated World Wide Technology 4.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.2 for culture and values and 3.9 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at World Wide Technology to be career development, senior leadership, benefits and the cons to be compensation, management.

Popular Careers with World Wide Technology Job Seekers