World Wide Technology Employee Reviews about "core values"

Updated Jan 22, 2021

4.2
Pros
  • "My situation proved that teamwork is a core value at WWT(in 257 reviews)

• "Live by their core values, and lots of opportunity(in 107 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT(in 140 reviews)

• "Core values are super important to the company, but people being people find ways to use the core values to their benefit(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of World Wide Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "core values"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 8 years

Great place to work

Jan 22, 2021 - Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Live by their core values, and lots of opportunity

Cons

There is a lot of transition

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Embracing change is very important but it isn't easy. We appreciate your support!

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best Company Ever!

Jan 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many Pros I'm not sure where to start. -I have never worked for another company who actually lives and breathes their values. The conversation around our core values, THE PATH, is ongoing and neverending. It's not just a poster on the wall here - it is the way we operate internally and externally, making sure we are consistent in practicing what we preach. - The leadership is unbelievably understanding and transparent. They are in constant communication with their people about what is going on from a business perspective, cultural perspective, and social awareness perspective. They aren't afraid of the touchy subjects of racism and injustice. We talk about it and it is encouraged to have an open and honest dialogue. - WWT takes feedback to heart. If an employee has something to say - someone is listening and action is taken. - Our benefits are really second to none. To know that my employer goes above and beyond financially and physically to ensure the safety and wellbeing of me and my family is simply a blessing. Pay is competitive. People are amazing. I feel safe and secure. There is plenty of room and opportunity for growth in my area.... I could go on and on.

Cons

Even the best companies certainly aren't perfect! I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT.... I just honestly don't have any.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. It's great and encouraging to hear all of this!

3. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Potential to be THE greatest place to work (RNS)

Jan 6, 2021 - Lab Tech in Edwardsville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, very affordable benefits, free health clinic, overall culture, treated like "one of the guys" even though I'm a woman.

Cons

Too many of the other leadership have zero concern about WWT's core values. They use the buddy system and gossip to make their decisions too much. Example, they gave a supervisor job to a guy that proudly proclaims he's not exactly nice. (Had to edit what he calls himself to please Glassdoor. only 1 able to use handicapped parking) Good thinking. Way too many times to count, they've treated the whole department like little kids, instead of focusing on the good and bad apples. They punish or reward everyone the same. I was told, right after I left, that every tech in bldg 2 & 3 was given a $1.50 an hour raise. Well, there were plenty of people that didn't deserve a penny of that. I worked right beside them, so I know firsthand. That was one poor decision. Whoever made that choice wasn’t thinking clearly. What you did to the actual good workers, who really do care about the quality of their work and output, is crush their morale. What you should have done was have the supervisors and leads, actually, do their jobs, and properly (utilizing the Employee Performance Matrix they always talk about. Waste time talking about, because they don't properly utilize it) to accurately evaluate the employees. Rack N Stack has so many techs that completely devalue the role in that company. You could cut your workforce by many, and instead of just absorbing all those funds, actually turn around and give the worthy techs a significant raise. (I'm talking $3-4 hour, minimum, for the legit good techs. The ones that save the departments butt day in and day out.) Quit pandering to the lazy whiny entitled people that don't appreciate a good job, and take care of your good ones. Jim Kavanaugh and Tom Strunk, you'd be blown away to know how many of your good techs are just waiting for an email to leave WWT, because of all the ungrateful "techs" there. If you'd take care of these people, properly. Let me rephrase that, if your "leadership" in Rack N Stack would do their jobs, and take care of the good techs, you'd actually save money in labor costs by giving them accurate, legitimate, well deserved, raises. However, the leadership actually panders to you by telling you everything is going great, blah blah blah. All of these "good techs" I'm talking about know you guys are genuine with the core values and IML stuff that's preached throughout the company. I assure you, for the most part, that dies on the doorstep of RNS. You can believe this or you can ignore it. That's up to you. I can assure you, if it is ignored, the good techs won't be surprised one little bit. You've built a great company, but this department has been severely mismanaged since its inception. You've lost many excellent workers, over the years, due to this fact. You wouldn't know that, because you're not told the legit truth. I could start listing names of my friends that still work there that are waiting on those emails. The really sad part of that? I can hear your leadership team scoff at the idea, and say "Oh, they're easily replaceable." That's not to say no one is irreplaceable, but for them to look at losing good workers as "no big deal" is absurd and speaks volumes about their actual leadership skills. There are some good supervisors and managers, for sure. I just heard you're losing RNS VP, and then probably replacing him with RNS Senior Mngr. Wow! (Yes, I was told about this. Remember, I have many friends that still work there, and we're all aware that's "supposedly") From a former employee that LOVED working there, and only left due to the gross mismanagement of the department, I'd highly suggest you reevaluate your leadership team for that whole department. It "could" be THE greatest place to work, if you'd take care of this issue. I'll repeat, I don't know anyone that doesn't think Dave, Jim, or Tom are not sincere about their appreciation of the "frontline" workers, but I promise, with all that I am, it dies at the doorstep. And, that's really sad, when the techs see the easily obtainable potential of the department. Stop cutting off RNS's nose to spite its face. Your production and morale will increase more than you can imagine. Most techs roll their eyes at the townhalls when you're talking about all the money being made, yet they get awarded the same as the lazy tech next to them. I REALLY, REALLY hope you take this review as genuine and heartfelt, because I would have gladly stayed. Of course, with that statement, I can hear you all saying "well, maybe it was best that you found other employment." And, if so, that’s the exact sentiment felt in the lab, and the cause of this whole review. I hope for my friends and future techs that you take this serious, and not just blow it off as though it's from a disgruntled former employee. I definitely am not that. I just had to go where I was legit appreciated and rewarded for my efforts not just given pizza. Even that doesn't happen anymore. One more thing. Why in the world can someone walk in off the street right in to L3, but an L4 tech has to jump through hoops to get transferred into there? It's extremely deceiving. "We promote from within." Well, many L4 techs are severely ignored about their desire to get into that department, while people that know nothing about anything in the department walk in and are just "taught". This is just wrong!!

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed thoughts. We are very sorry you decided to leave but wish you the best of luck in your new role.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Best culture from the top down

Jan 5, 2021 - CSE in Seattle, WA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Really care about their employees, and it shows in the culture. Everyone has a voice and is expected to have values which align to the company core values.

Cons

Occasionally, miss the mark with OEM alignment IMO.

Thank you.

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to work!

Dec 13, 2019 - Supply Chain Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There aren’t enough good things to say about this place. The company culture is absolutely amazing! If you know what it’s like to work in a company where the culture sucks, then come here!! Trust me, I know from experience being in a place where the culture was absolutely horrendous. Coming here has been the absolute best decision I have ever made. The office environment is so laid back! You’re allowed to work from home, the health insurance you pay is literally close to nothing, management is great, and so much more!! If you’re considering coming here, DO IT. I rave about this place on a daily basis. So many companies talk about how they take care of their employees but that may only be true from a compensation standpoint. Imagine being competitively compensated AND loving where you work. All the way up to the CEO, the leadership team really cares and it shows. As an employee I know that if I have a manager who cares if I succeed, I’m going to work so much harder vs. management that doesn’t care. Having leadership that cares is so important! This is the first company I’ve been at where they don’t just “talk” about the culture and core values. Everyone totally embodies it! If you are not a cultural fit you will stick out like a sore thumb. That’s one of the best things about working here. Everyone is extremely happy and nice and so supportive all the time. It’s truly such a great place to be!!

Cons

There are none! This place is great!

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. Agree, culture is everything.

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

It is a Great Place to Work

Dec 8, 2020 - Supply Chain Coordinator in Edwardsville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits, healthcare especially is incredible and not able to be beat by any other company ive ever seen. Companies values, most people at WWT truly live and breathe the core values

Cons

Some leadership teams take their employees for granted, it has gotten better but very hard and felt taken advantage of

Thank you.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Employee's not help accountable

Nov 14, 2020 - Network Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

A growing company, and great benefits

Cons

Lack of leadership, core values are down.

Thanks.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee

"Like Family"

Nov 16, 2020 - Services Sales Consultant in Minneapolis, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

WWT not only has defined Core Values, they live them: Trust Humility Embrace Change Passion Attitude Team Player Honesty

Cons

Growing pains of explosive growth

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for sharing THE PATH!

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company with room to grow

Apr 8, 2020 - Quality Specialist in Edwardsville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company has a lot of ways to gain new experience and are dedicated to finding the right role for you once you get hired on, and offers extensive training.

Cons

Core values are super important to the company, but people being people find ways to use the core values to their benefit. More of a reflection on the individual than the company though. Somewhere between the Executive team and the mid level managers I think there is a disconnect. the Executive team is very good about providing a unified front on iniatives but when department level managers and below start setting team goals the projects often conflict with each other and cause tension for the lower level employees. What do you do when two managers ask you for different outcomes on the same project? Who comes first?

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you. Fair feedback. Thanks for sharing it.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company culture!

May 9, 2020 - Intern - Hourly in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

They have core values and stick to them. Constantly voted a great place to work, and spend a lot of time investing in their employees.

Cons

From my perspective, they have not been very open with communication about personal/career growth within the company. I am relatively new, so I am hoping this changes, but it just seems like the managers I am around avoid the topic when it is ever brought up.

2 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you and fair feedback. Providing clarity on career growth is in development and it's a priority. Thanks again.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 144 Reviews