KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

World Wide Technology

Engaged Employer

World Wide Technology

Add a Review

World Wide Technology Employee Reviews about "wwt"

Updated Jan 14, 2021

Found 324 of over 1K reviews

4.2
Pros
  • "My situation proved that teamwork is a core value at WWT(in 257 reviews)

• "Live by their core values, and lots of opportunity(in 107 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT(in 140 reviews)

• "Core values are super important to the company, but people being people find ways to use the core values to their benefit(in 47 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of World Wide Technology and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "wwt"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year
      Featured Review

Simply Amazing

Nov 2, 2020 - Partner Specialist in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked at WWT for over a year and my experience has been nothing short of amazing. From the leadership team that I work with to my counterparts that I work daily with the whole experience has been amazing. To say the benefit package that WWT offers is great is an understatement. The healthcare coverage that they provide is not only incredibly affordable for a single person but also for a family of 6. My manager not only cares about the quality of work that I provide on a daily basis but also how I am doing as a person. My manager is always willing to assist and help out wherever needed. I recently had a medical procedure done and took a leave of absence from work. Throughout my absence my manager reached out to make sure I was feeling okay and the team sent a get well soon card along with flowers. The moment I returned to work I had several team members reach out to make sure that I was doing okay. The love and support I felt from them was overwhelming and meant a lot to me. I have heard from several friends and former coworkers also how the pandemic has negatively impacted their organization however the approach that WWT has taken not only shows why they are a world class organization that sincerely cares about their employees but also their flexibility to allow families to work with their schedules when having to juggle children learning from home as well as providing the ability for their employees to work from home. WWT is more than a company, its a family that truly cares about their employees.

Cons

I don't have a single thing to say negative about WWT.

7 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. This is wonderful to hear.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee

Great Place to Work for All!

Jan 14, 2021 - Management
      Business Outlook

Pros

The excellent focus on leadership, growth and development, communication, and inclusion have made WWT a great place to work for 30 years! Keep it up and the benefits are amazng!

Cons

No notable cons to share.

Thank you very much!

3. 5.0

Best Company Ever!

Jan 13, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are so many Pros I'm not sure where to start. -I have never worked for another company who actually lives and breathes their values. The conversation around our core values, THE PATH, is ongoing and neverending. It's not just a poster on the wall here - it is the way we operate internally and externally, making sure we are consistent in practicing what we preach. - The leadership is unbelievably understanding and transparent. They are in constant communication with their people about what is going on from a business perspective, cultural perspective, and social awareness perspective. They aren't afraid of the touchy subjects of racism and injustice. We talk about it and it is encouraged to have an open and honest dialogue. - WWT takes feedback to heart. If an employee has something to say - someone is listening and action is taken. - Our benefits are really second to none. To know that my employer goes above and beyond financially and physically to ensure the safety and wellbeing of me and my family is simply a blessing. Pay is competitive. People are amazing. I feel safe and secure. There is plenty of room and opportunity for growth in my area.... I could go on and on.

Cons

Even the best companies certainly aren't perfect! I may live in a bubble on an awesome team, but I'm sure there are areas for improvement throughout WWT.... I just honestly don't have any.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you very much. It's great and encouraging to hear all of this!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

I’ll never work anywhere else

Dec 16, 2020 - Consultant in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

You’re chosen to work at WWT for your strengths. Your strengths are always highlighted and at the forefront of your career development. WWT doesn’t try to change who you are even with difficult/not so positive feedback sessions. They always make the conversation about growth and improvement. They always make it about ways you can be a better version of yourself. I’ll never work anywhere else so long as WWT stays the way it is. It truly is a great place to work. Compensation is competitive. Remote work is possible even when we’re not in the midst of a pandemic. A lot of client interaction. A lot of trust from senior members of the organization.

Cons

We can be too easy on the lower performing members in the organization. We give the benefit of the doubt far too. I see this as a con, but it can also be seen as a strength. I think we could crack down a little harder on our lower performing teams and team members to deliver an even better service to our customers.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this comprehensive feedback.

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

It's a paycheck

Oct 29, 2020 - Senior Security Engineer in Houston, TX
      Business Outlook

Pros

- benefits - decent pay - great environment for folks young in their careers to learn

Cons

- legacy hardware reseller, clueless on selling, scoping services - nepotism, it's a family business. Everyone is related in some way - siloed business units create frustrating projects... While some units may appear cool like the ATC, it's an extremely poor cross pollination between other areas such as PS. - Good luck getting training.. The ATC has a lot of limitations and you'll have to sign your life away to have them pay for anything. - There are a lot of smart people that work for WWT, but it's rare they stick around or they're buried in multiple projects. - Management doesn't listen to the talent hired. They have have/had hundred of ps folks from various consulting firms but would rather roll the dice on process and procedures. - delivery of services can be complex/painful due to unnecessary process and procedures. - imagine trying to deliver on a poorly under scoped project because of an archaic sales team who can't get customers correct quotes for equipment, then showing up on site for you to get the blame from both customer and management. I could keep going but there is already a lot of negative feedback that really says it all.

8 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

This is disappointing to hear but thank you for sharing it. We're sorry you felt it necessary to leave but wish you the best of luck. Thank you again.

6. 5.0

Amazing Experience

Aug 13, 2020 - Amazing in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been an employee for 3 years and plan to stay forever. Amazing ownership and leadership team that has only shown how amazing they are through this pandemic and racial injustice situations we find ourselves in as a country now. I cannot say enough good things with how they have been handling both of those. I can truly tell the leadership cares for their employees. I have worked at companies before that do not and it is such a breath of fresh air to be at WWT. The health and other benefits are amazing! This isn’t a place you can come to and sit and do nothing as expectations are high and sales push the ops teams VERY hard (I am on ops side) but we are all trying to go in the same direction to make this a profitable, growth company that is also a great place to work for ALL! Dave, Jim, Joe and the rest of the executive leadership team THANK YOU for caring about your employees!

Cons

None that I can think of

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this and thanks for all you (and ALL of Ops) do to support the Sales team! Very hard work.

7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Potential to be THE greatest place to work (RNS)

Jan 6, 2021 - Lab Tech in Edwardsville, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great coworkers, very affordable benefits, free health clinic, overall culture, treated like "one of the guys" even though I'm a woman.

Cons

Too many of the other leadership have zero concern about WWT's core values. They use the buddy system and gossip to make their decisions too much. Example, they gave a supervisor job to a guy that proudly proclaims he's not exactly nice. (Had to edit what he calls himself to please Glassdoor. only 1 able to use handicapped parking) Good thinking. Way too many times to count, they've treated the whole department like little kids, instead of focusing on the good and bad apples. They punish or reward everyone the same. I was told, right after I left, that every tech in bldg 2 & 3 was given a $1.50 an hour raise. Well, there were plenty of people that didn't deserve a penny of that. I worked right beside them, so I know firsthand. That was one poor decision. Whoever made that choice wasn’t thinking clearly. What you did to the actual good workers, who really do care about the quality of their work and output, is crush their morale. What you should have done was have the supervisors and leads, actually, do their jobs, and properly (utilizing the Employee Performance Matrix they always talk about. Waste time talking about, because they don't properly utilize it) to accurately evaluate the employees. Rack N Stack has so many techs that completely devalue the role in that company. You could cut your workforce by many, and instead of just absorbing all those funds, actually turn around and give the worthy techs a significant raise. (I'm talking $3-4 hour, minimum, for the legit good techs. The ones that save the departments butt day in and day out.) Quit pandering to the lazy whiny entitled people that don't appreciate a good job, and take care of your good ones. Jim Kavanaugh and Tom Strunk, you'd be blown away to know how many of your good techs are just waiting for an email to leave WWT, because of all the ungrateful "techs" there. If you'd take care of these people, properly. Let me rephrase that, if your "leadership" in Rack N Stack would do their jobs, and take care of the good techs, you'd actually save money in labor costs by giving them accurate, legitimate, well deserved, raises. However, the leadership actually panders to you by telling you everything is going great, blah blah blah. All of these "good techs" I'm talking about know you guys are genuine with the core values and IML stuff that's preached throughout the company. I assure you, for the most part, that dies on the doorstep of RNS. You can believe this or you can ignore it. That's up to you. I can assure you, if it is ignored, the good techs won't be surprised one little bit. You've built a great company, but this department has been severely mismanaged since its inception. You've lost many excellent workers, over the years, due to this fact. You wouldn't know that, because you're not told the legit truth. I could start listing names of my friends that still work there that are waiting on those emails. The really sad part of that? I can hear your leadership team scoff at the idea, and say "Oh, they're easily replaceable." That's not to say no one is irreplaceable, but for them to look at losing good workers as "no big deal" is absurd and speaks volumes about their actual leadership skills. There are some good supervisors and managers, for sure. I just heard you're losing RNS VP, and then probably replacing him with RNS Senior Mngr. Wow! (Yes, I was told about this. Remember, I have many friends that still work there, and we're all aware that's "supposedly") From a former employee that LOVED working there, and only left due to the gross mismanagement of the department, I'd highly suggest you reevaluate your leadership team for that whole department. It "could" be THE greatest place to work, if you'd take care of this issue. I'll repeat, I don't know anyone that doesn't think Dave, Jim, or Tom are not sincere about their appreciation of the "frontline" workers, but I promise, with all that I am, it dies at the doorstep. And, that's really sad, when the techs see the easily obtainable potential of the department. Stop cutting off RNS's nose to spite its face. Your production and morale will increase more than you can imagine. Most techs roll their eyes at the townhalls when you're talking about all the money being made, yet they get awarded the same as the lazy tech next to them. I REALLY, REALLY hope you take this review as genuine and heartfelt, because I would have gladly stayed. Of course, with that statement, I can hear you all saying "well, maybe it was best that you found other employment." And, if so, that’s the exact sentiment felt in the lab, and the cause of this whole review. I hope for my friends and future techs that you take this serious, and not just blow it off as though it's from a disgruntled former employee. I definitely am not that. I just had to go where I was legit appreciated and rewarded for my efforts not just given pizza. Even that doesn't happen anymore. One more thing. Why in the world can someone walk in off the street right in to L3, but an L4 tech has to jump through hoops to get transferred into there? It's extremely deceiving. "We promote from within." Well, many L4 techs are severely ignored about their desire to get into that department, while people that know nothing about anything in the department walk in and are just "taught". This is just wrong!!

3 people found this review helpful

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for taking the time to provide your detailed thoughts. We are very sorry you decided to leave but wish you the best of luck in your new role.

8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

WWT Proved During 2020 Pandemic That Culture Matters

Oct 11, 2020 - Senior Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

WWT is a tremendous place to work. During the 2020 pandemic, WWT showed it lives it's culture by rapidly shifting to remote work for knowledge workers, and continuing to deliver for customers without missing a step. The executive team handling of the pandemic showed leadership and courage, putting safety of employees very high and constant transparent communications. The people at WWT are genuine, caring individuals who work hard and prioritize customer success.

Cons

WWT has some growing pains, with extremely rapid growth in number of employees and size of business. Most decisions are still required to be made by a very small number of top executives, which will curb growth potential.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Great to hear this encouraging and constructive/ fair feedback. Thank you very much.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Best place I've ever worked!

Sep 8, 2020 - Quality Advocate in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I've been in the industry for over 20 years and this job is the best one I've ever had hands down. I feel empowered to make decisions and experiment without backlash. The developers respect the QA's, ask for their input and work with them instead of against them. I am encouraged to learn new skills, try new technologies and grow as a QA. I have also been given the opportunity to utilize the new skills/technologies on projects. I feel supported by my co-workers and management and also feel that they really do care about me.

Cons

Personally, I have not found a con yet for WWT.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

This is so great to hear. Thank you for taking the time to provide it.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

WWT Executive Team provides exemplary leadership during crisis

Apr 21, 2020 - Sales Operations Manager in Saint Louis, MO
      Business Outlook

Pros

At WWT we often talk about the positive things people do when no one is watching. We have countless stories of the amazing above and beyond efforts our teammates go to in order to help our customers & their business outcomes. Amid the international Covid-19 pandemic we have had many great stories that make me so proud to be a part of this wonderful company & how it gives back. Along with this crisis comes a time when everyone is watching our Chairman, CEO and executive team. They have risen to the challenging task of leading us through uncertain times. Their exemplary leadership skills have shown through with each update via email, video or live presentation. I appreciate Jim’s calm demeanor when communicating facts and details as he works to be transparent with efforts he and the team are taking to help employees. I’m confident we will come out of this a stronger company as our culture will continue to guide us through challenging times as it has in the past.

Cons

None to share at this time.

Sr. Director of Human Resources

Thank you for this great tribute to our outstanding Executive Team! Especially right now, their leadership is so inspiring to us all.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 324 Reviews