World Wildlife Fund "wwf" Reviews | Glassdoor

World Wildlife Fund Employee Reviews about "wwf"

Updated Jan 7, 2020

3.6
World Wildlife Fund President and CEO Carter S. Roberts
Carter S. Roberts
Pros
Cons
  • "It appears that is the modus operandi when WWF-International operates in developing countries(in 19 reviews)

• "People with no science background are conservation directors(in 15 reviews)

Reviews about "wwf"

Return to all Reviews

"Best culture I've ever worked in"

Current Employee - Works In Marketing and Communications in Washington, DC

I have been working at World Wildlife Fund full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked for a long time as a consultant, lots of clients, lots of different companies, lots of personalties, lots of corporate climbing, etc. And eventually turned around one day and decided I wanted a mission I could care about, and a place that was culturally great. Those became my criteria, and WWF has been everything I've wanted. This place is filled with smart and passionate people, and I can go home every night feeling like I'm doing my part to help the world, which overrides much of the daily issues anyone faces in any job. The benefits are outstanding, there is great listening from most quarters of the organization, and the work means something.

Cons

It is a large organization, as such, there is bureaucracy, and a big ship moves slower than a small one. However, positive internal change does happen, and I believe the Senior Management Team wants this to be a great place, and works towards making that happen—it is the best organization I've ever worked for.

World Wildlife Fund2018-02-12

"Great teams with bad mid-level management"

Current Employee - Program Officer in Washington, DC

I have been working at World Wildlife Fund full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

WWF is a huge NGO with reach and influence. There is always a lot to do and people to meet. Everyone is passionate about their work.

Cons

The biggest problem is the toxic mid-level management, like director and senior director level. Senior management and higher are working as best as they can on a lot of things. But it's really rare that directors get promoted to VP level, which creates a toxicity down the chain. It's very hierarchical in that way. Senior directors can get apathetic, squat in their positions, and not have their team's professional development in mind.

World Wildlife Fund2019-05-22

"Worst internship experience ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at World Wildlife Fund part-time for less than a year

Pros

WWF is by the most prestigious environmental conservation organization in the world.

Cons

Disrespectful Environment, Bad management and really unrealistic targets after which letters of internship to be supposedly denied.

World Wildlife Fund2018-04-21
  4. "Great people and mission"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at World Wildlife Fund

Pros

WWF employees really love their job and worked hard to help me understand my role and how it fits into the mission.

Cons

I worked remotely... sometimes it was very difficult to get in touch with my direct supervisor.

World Wildlife Fund2018-01-02
  5. "Positive Internship Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at World Wildlife Fund

Pros

The people who work at WWF are passionate and talented. People bring different abilities to the table, but everyone works hard.

Cons

Sometimes the headquarters seem far away from the places they are trying to affect

World Wildlife Fund2017-08-22
  6. "Intern"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at World Wildlife Fund

Pros

- Panda Fridays! - Every other Friday employees are allowed to take off if they reached enough hours! - Endless coffee and tea on each floor - Interesting , passionate people - US headquarters are located in a great spot! Foggy Bottom - Company Parties

Cons

- many people in my department worked "remotely"... all the time, it made collaboration and department cohesion very difficult - WWF has lots of upper management, but not much mid level (at least in the department I worked in)... made it very difficult to get things done

World Wildlife Fund2017-06-11

"Great organization"

I worked at World Wildlife Fund

Pros

The WWF is a good organization filled with bright, dedicated, innovative people all working toward related, if not the same goals. The people make this organization.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to get things done - to get people to agree or endorse one path. There is a lot to do and too little time.

World Wildlife Fund2016-08-02

"Nearly Ideal..."

I have been working at World Wildlife Fund

Pros

There are many benefits to working at WWF including, but not limited to: brilliant people, a great work-life balance, travel opportunities, a noble mission, Panda Friday (every other Friday off), awesome retirement plan and being part of a well-respected brand.

Cons

Too many meetings and sometimes-arbitrary hierarchy..and while there is a push toward a culture of innovation, the organization as a whole is not there..yet.

World Wildlife Fund2016-07-12

"Disappointed"

in Bethesda, MD

I worked at World Wildlife Fund for more than 5 years

Pros

The mission and intellectual pursuit at WWF is powerful.

Cons

Management is somewhat amatuerish, and inconsistent.

World Wildlife Fund2016-05-29
  10. "WWF"

Former Intern - Marine Science Capacity Building in Washington, DC

I worked at World Wildlife Fund for less than a year

Pros

It's a great place to work and you're surrounded by so many intelligent environmentalists. There is room for growth within the company and the office is absolutely beautiful.

Cons

The major con is their job qualifications. I was an intern at WWF as an undergraduate and I worked alongside graduate students who were still only unpaid interns.

World Wildlife Fund2015-10-13

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 40 reviews