World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will never get bored at this fast paced, high energy company and you will always have an opportunity for growth and development (in 17 reviews)

• Excellent Team support, Good Benefits (Insurance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on your department work-life balance can be difficult, but for myself I honestly have no complaints (in 25 reviews)

• no work life balance, terrible culture (in 5 reviews)

1. "Professional Wrestler"

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Being able to beat up people for fun

Cons

There are no cons to this job when you are healthy

"Loved the company but hated the political games"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great people to work with and benefits

Cons

It's all a political game. No one ever takes ownership for their faults and it's a blame game.

Advice to Management

HQ needs to take a closer look into the studio

"great projects, weird culture"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

desire to innovate, spend happy for growth and new opportunity, a few smart people

Cons

micro-management from the C-suite, decisions are 100% top-down, people get fired for falling out of line

Advice to Management

get out of the way, manage by objectives and results. you're getting in the way of further growth.

"Dysfunctional, Toxic, Rude, Survivalist Game"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Painted is a great picture on the way in to get you to leave your job. Salary attractive to get you to leave your current job.

Cons

The most unprofessional work environment and culture. Departments are dysfunctional and scared to take actions against toxic management. There is little or no respect for those contacted to come into the firm. After interviews with candidates no follow up from departments and some don't even bother to cancel appointments and people show up for no reason. As a department head, you have to take over the most basic HR functions. The large HR organization is more of a political player than the honed resource it could be. You're fed candidates from selected search firms who are not what the department wanted to use. Dept Budgets and resources change at the whim of management. Turnover is way above what it should be.

Advice to Management

Bring in search firms that can get departments quality people who will express longevity. We needed much better sales, writers, technical staff and too many to list all our department got was the same old retreads. We needed to shorten the cycle of jobs being open and filled My fellow department heads were scared to say anything for fear of losing their jobs

"WWE Studios - Michael Luisi (worst boss)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+ WWE as a corporate company has great employee benefits.

+ Vince McMahon is awesome, I have a lot of respect for him. His daughter Stephanie is awesome too.

Cons

+ Michael Luisi was the worst boss I had in my life.

+ He would take his children to professional work events over company employees. When asked if his assistant would like to go, Michael responded, "What to carry my bag?" He was disrespectful. He made me feel worthless and drove me into a deep depression. This executive is a bully.

+ During a staff meeting with Vince and all his direct reports, Michelle and another executive stayed after the meeting to have a private conversation. The conference line was never closed and Michael listened to their entire private conversation while enjoying his lunch. Inappropriate professional behavior.

+ 89% of my job was personal and 11% of the job was professional. My tasks included picking up CVS prescriptions, handling all his personal accounts, chauffeuring his dog, chauffeuring his daughter and selling his sports tickets among other things. I learned nothing in my role to progress in my career.

+ I never claimed any miles for all the driving but when I claimed my hours which had carried me into double overtime (including responding to him on weekends and holidays). He grew resentful and increasingly mean.

+ To try to win over the abusive executive, I paid for 2 of his daughters lunches, I also bought him coffee - none of which I ever expensed or was appreciated.

+ There was no growth, no nurturing, no support, no appreciation. I learned nothing from this executive, who ironically would teach students my age at NYU. The irony, a man that teaches students to progress in their career, suppressed his very own assistant that tried everything to win him over and make him happy. It was the most unhealthy work environment I had ever been in. I still have trauma for the entire experience. This executive had terrible management skills and is not even good at his own job.

+ When speaking to the HR Rep and pleading for help, her answer was to just quit. She compared the relationship to having an abusive boyfriend.

+ Years later when this executive caught wind that I had a new job and was in a better place, he called my new employer and told them to fire me. It put them in an awkward position and they told me about it to clear the air. Which I'm pretty sure is illegal.

Advice to Management

This guy has been employed and running WWE Studios for years and you never noticed his lack of professionalism. It wasn't just to me but to others. He is a bully and you work with anti-bully charities. No comment.

6. "WWE"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President
    Current Employee - Senior Vice President

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The recruitment process was seamless and very professional. They communicated extremely well and provided a very clear roadmap to success.

Cons

I have no cons to share.

"it is what it is..."

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Staff typically start out as an interns, or some form of it at WWE... Which gives you great exposure to so many aspects of production that you wouldn't otherwise have at many other production companies. Writing, producing, directing, and editing are all part of your first year at WWE depending on the department you are in, and to the level at which you perform... So if you keep your chin up, your mouth shut and let your work speak for itself, you will succeed at WWE.

Cons

It can be a very toxic work environment at times with a lot of turnover, I spent over 9 years with WWE and while I do owe so much of what I have to my experiences at the company - I left because I couldn't deal with the political game that seems to be played there. I found myself participating in the nonsense because the job made me so depressed. When the stress, and politics wear you down to the point that you no longer enjoy producing creative content, it is time to move on.

Advice to Management

WWE is not life. You are not saving lives, and a wrestling/production company should be a fun, creative, professional environment, but it's not because everyone's head is constantly on a swivel. The majority of the production staff and talent roster is just completely miserable with how things run... get a handle on that. A happy workforce will naturally produce a better product and a better product will generate income and income will make the board happy so you can and should pay your staff better. I understand not letting people get complacent with too much positive reassurance, but there needs to be some incentive built in because you walk a fine line between building motivation and doing just enough not to get fired. Build a more transparent career path for employees... I don't think the positions, Associate Producer II or Senior Associate Producer II are actual roles anywhere in the production world.

"Great place with a few flaws"

Former Employee - Publishing in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Publishing in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Exciting and challenging work environment; Good compensation and benefits;

Cons

Negative and occasionally abusive culture; Employees often afraid for their jobs, which hinders productivity; Work/life balance poor

Advice to Management

Try to put more value in the employees you have. Just because someone has a dazzling resume doesn't necessarily mean they'll make a great VP

"Wost Work Enviornment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and vacation

Cons

horrible work environment, management can't ever make up their mind, no independent leadership, chaos is rampant every where.

Advice to Management

do better

10. "Creative Contractor"

Pros

Fun work. Good communication. Reasonable compensation.

Cons

Can't really say. Have no specific complaints.