World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "You will never get bored at this fast paced, high energy company and you will always have an opportunity for growth and development" (in 17 reviews)

• "Excellent Team support, Good Benefits (Insurance" (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Depending on your department, your work life balance may vary" (in 25 reviews)

• "This person being someone who took advantage of a relaxed work environment too, made me hate coming in everyday" (in 11 reviews)

1. "Ring announcer"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I think it's cuz it helps people I want to make people happy and I can do it and you need me

Cons

You get to travel and see the world Plus work hard that's okay with me

Advice to Management

I like this to get to Vince McMahon Stephanie McMahon Triple H whomever hires people

"Almost meets my expectation"

Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Director in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment (More than a year)

Pros

- The most electrifying sports entertainment business in the world with skyrocketing stock price and YoY market cap growth that crushes Amazon.
    - Worklife balance is great. People don't seem to work on Friday here (the office is a ghost town). Mondays and Tuesdays are pretty slow as many people (particularly the event teams and some execs) are just coming back from weekend traveling (many folks travel on sundays attend and manage the WWE televised live events). Wednesdays and Thursdays pretty much slow down from there. And then we're back to Friday!
    - Brings you closer to pro wrestling entertainment. If you love wrestling, this is heaven.
    - Nice colleagues. People are polite and well mannered.
    - The company is actively trying to change for the better (even though it's not quite there yet)

Cons

- Titles, salaries, and staff leveling are inconsistent across the org. Seniority (not meritocracy) rules. There are many talented folks being managed by folks without a lot of talent. Titles are very inflated here. There are tons of directors without direct reports who have little to no management experience. There are a lot of management layers and bureaucracy. There seems to always be a bit of favoritism/bias and political intrigue at play.
    - When you work here, it's hard to transition anywhere else. The other media/tech firms in NYC don't take WWE seriously when they see it on a resume. They don't see WWE as an intellectual business environment. Their perception of WWE is based on the wrestling that they see on TV.
    - Pathetic family leave policy. They've only started giving paternity leave not more than a few years ago. And the paternity leave here is only for 2 weeks. For comparisons, consulting/accounting firms like Deloitte & PwC give you 4 months. European companies like Spotify & Nestle give you 6 months. US Tech companies like Google, FB, eBay, give you 12 weeks.
    - Not a very diverse work environment, if you know what I mean, particularly in the leadership positions.

Advice to Management

Care more for the greater team

"Production assistant"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Teams on the production side work very hard and are great to work with. There are very talented people who really care about others around them. Pay is good, but with long hours but that’s the business. Seamless delivery is an obvious perk and the benefits are greatly appreciated.

Cons

Upper level management seems to look down on those below them. It’s a place where an area can be very inclusive or very toxic dependent on management and VP’s. I really never felt appreciated for the work I was doing. Also, considering I had an employee that I felt was mistreating me and I went to people higher than me 5 times and each time nothing was done. And they stated they knew it was going on. This person being someone who took advantage of a relaxed work environment too, made me hate coming in everyday.
    I found it very weird that HR requested that I go on Glassdoor and please right a positive review about 2 months into the job. Then a year in, when I come forward and let known things within the company that bothered me.. then I was let go; I felt extremely bothered by this.

Advice to Management

I honestly don’t know what to tell you, you’re a employee driven business, needing the hard work of all the departments but you have a good way of looking past people who are having a rough time. I feel you are stuck in your ways and try to make it seem like you care for others but you really just want people to think you do.

"Luisi Strikes Again"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good pay, great benefits (health, 401k, paid vacation, etc.)

Cons

Very poor people management (stemming from the Harvey Weinstein/Miramax days - I heard the President has a brutal nickname in Hollywood that I will not divulge for slanderous purposes), all employees go above and beyond - wearing multiple hats, but management has an unwillingness to learn what each employee does, and they don't replace people when they are gone, just make others absorb their duties. Corporate does not support this office, HR and IT have failed us multiple times. Even after security flaws and theft. After almost a decade, I've contacted them several times with serious complaints, they'll tell you to "quit" because it's a "hostile environment". Um........really? You won't help to correct that? Isn't that your job? It's that good old boy NY corporate mentality. HR has been to our office twice - once to replace the president and another to "see how we're doing" after 4 employees quit, back to back to back to back, over 4 weeks this year, going to better companies. Titanic meet ice burg - or maybe the ship is already starting to split in half. Pretty sad for a "billon dollar company".

Advice to Management

Learn what your employees do and how they are assets and valuable to your team. Don't just point out the pitfalls - celebrate the wins (big $$$ deal delivered on time to save the studios but no fanfare, only threats when it was in jeopardy for a short time). Make it a priority to replace positions when people leave - there should be an overlap so others can come in seamlessly. From a corporate standpoint, stop sugar coating with your basic responses (I see your responses to the other poor reviews and it leaves much to be desired). After run-ins with lawyers on past employees quitting, you should be much more aware about what goes on here. Once when a disgruntled employee left, they tried NOT to pay vacation days. CA laws says they're earned............They treated one of their best employees like dirt, several times over, so we've lost several good people. But no one from HR ever followed up. ......

World Wrestling Entertainment Response

May 3, 2018 – Recruiting Manager

Please reach out to us at wwecareers@wwecorp.com to discuss your feedback

"DO NOT WORK HERE. 30% Employee turnover rate per year. TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK."

Former Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Vice President Senior Business Leader in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Recognizable company brand. Looks good on a resume, but not worth it. There are no pros to working here. Don’t be lured in by HR or recruiters. Everyone there is absolutely miserable every day. Reach out to any network to find a former employee and they’ll give you an honest assessment of the environment.

Cons

Every employee is disposable. Toxic environment. Zero ability to contribute. You’re there to do as you’re told. You either get fired or get absolutely burnt out. There is 30% employee turnover there every year. Ask the company about it. Average length of employment is 18-24 months.

Advice to Management

There is none. It has been the same since it’s inception and will never change. It’s a top down organization with senior management cultivating an environment of fear. Stop having HR post positive Glassdoor reviews or asking new hires to post positive workplace reviews.

6. "Bad environment but a fun brand"

Pros

The brand was fun to be a part of. Live entertainment kept work busy.

Cons

Managers are not nice. Most people are unhappy. Very political environment and no one really knows what is going on. Very stressful and unfriendly. People get fired a lot.

Advice to Management

Get better managers especially in the marketing area.

"Disorganized"

Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Applications Support Analyst in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great conversation starter when interviewing for new jobs.

Cons

Every day's plan got wiped out due to the need to put out fires.

Advice to Management

Get organized.

"WWE Review"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Learn a lot in the beginning

Cons

-Always afraid of being fired. Some departments more than others
    -Lots of people seem unhappy
    -The longer you stay the less marketable you become anywhere else. Other companies/recruiters don't take WWE seriously
    -Hard to transition to other departments
    -Hands out flashy titles like it's going out of style some of which don't translate at all outside of the company. That's how they trap you here.
    -Expect perfection. You make a mistake and suddenly the world is ending (it's just wrestling)
    -Huge gossip mill. Feels like high school. Can be very cliquey
    -Expected to always be on call. Can't go on vacation without getting a panic stricken text.

"WWE"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

From my own experience, the process moved with ease and my contact with WWE constantly kept me up to date on where I stood in the process. I could have set my clock to how efficient she ran my hiring process.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

The open and constant communication with potential hires was truly wonderful.

"Don't do it to yourself or family"

Pros

Moderately interesting work, great fan base!

Cons

Constant sweating and on edge (at all levels) regarding c suite interactions/potential interaction. Decisions are 100% made from the 4th floor. Teams are do-ers.

Advice to Management

Get Vince to step down if you want people to want to work and stay.