World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 11, 2017

World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • You will never get bored at this fast paced, high energy company and you will always have an opportunity for growth and development (in 17 reviews)

• Excellent Team support, Good Benefits (Insurance (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on your department work-life balance can be difficult, but for myself I honestly have no complaints (in 25 reviews)

• no work life balance, terrible culture (in 5 reviews)

"it is what it is..."

Former Employee - Associate Producer in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Associate Producer in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Staff typically start out as an interns, or some form of it at WWE... Which gives you great exposure to so many aspects of production that you wouldn't otherwise have at many other production companies. Writing, producing, directing, and editing are all part of your first year at WWE depending on the department you are in, and to the level at which you perform... So if you keep your chin up, your mouth shut and let your work speak for itself, you will succeed at WWE.

Cons

It can be a very toxic work environment at times with a lot of turnover, I spent over 9 years with WWE and while I do owe so much of what I have to my experiences at the company - I left because I couldn't deal with the political game that seems to be played there. I found myself participating in the nonsense because the job made me so depressed. When the stress, and politics wear you down to the point that you no longer enjoy producing creative content, it is time to move on.

Advice to Management

WWE is not life. You are not saving lives, and a wrestling/production company should be a fun, creative, professional environment, but it's not because everyone's head is constantly on a swivel. The majority of the production staff and talent roster is just completely miserable with how things run... get a handle on that. A happy workforce will naturally produce a better product and a better product will generate income and income will make the board happy so you can and should pay your staff better. I understand not letting people get complacent with too much positive reassurance, but there needs to be some incentive built in because you walk a fine line between building motivation and doing just enough not to get fired. Build a more transparent career path for employees... I don't think the positions, Associate Producer II or Senior Associate Producer II are actual roles anywhere in the production world.

2. "Project Manager"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment as a contractor

Pros

Fun place to work. Good people.

Cons

Leadership shakeups happen daily, rarely for the better.

Advice to Management

Pick a strategy and stick with it. All new things will involve growing pains, give it the time it needs.

"Wost Work Enviornment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good pay, benefits and vacation

Cons

horrible work environment, management can't ever make up their mind, no independent leadership, chaos is rampant every where.

Advice to Management

do better

4. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced atmosphere and never bored.

Cons

No virtual positions, commuting to Stamford a challenge.

5. "IT Finance Support"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Great company energy and enthusiasm for westling.

Cons

IT and Finance cannot stand each other and make it a living nightmare to get any IT related Finance requests completed.

"The Hunger Games comes to life"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time

Pros

Every day is different there.

Cons

The cutthroat environment is unbelievable.

"Great experience- but takes a part of your soul (TV SIDE ONLY)"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Team atmosphere. You're all in this hole together. Decent pay if you're making hourly. Really talented people around you. Good benefits. Fun environment. Great first time job because future employers love the WWE name- they know it and respect it.

Cons

There's a lot of hurry up and wait. Bad equipment. Understaffed. Bad HR. No communication. Demanding. Long hours. Working on holidays and weekends sometimes. Horrible management- to the point where my boss was constantly just watching YouTube videos. Management and executives don't care about you. You are so incredibly replaceable to them.

Advice to Management

Some of the management there is only there because of the length of time they've stayed with the company and NOT because they're good at actually managing people. In my experience, I had several managers that micromanaged because they didn't have anything else to do in their day. Some of these people get paid 150k+ a year to browse facebook and then yell at you when you mess up. There are some really talented people there but the constant outlandish and seemingly impossible demands from the top tier of executives is ridiculous and infringes on your life on a monthly basis. They do not care about you or how long your work day has to be in order to get what they want done. The reason they have a high turn over rate is because the WWE life is demanding (unless you work in the corporate building) and they do not want people here who are not capable or willing to work hard. There are a million people who are willing to work here and they believe you are easily replaceable. Though- there are a lot of people who want to work their entire life there. There are some people who really thrive there and love their jobs. I unfortunately was not one of them. No one I know who's ever left WWE has regretted leaving.

This is a great job for a first job. Great name to have on your resume and provides a lot of transferable skills. If you can work here, you can literally work anywhere because no other company will demand more time, patience or work out of you.

"Culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a unique experience to work for a brand that has a tangible real life experience. When attending events with clients, you can't help but feel proud when the crowd is cheering. It's an energy like no other.

Cons

They have a problem with talent churn. Human Resources department at the time did not seem to appreciate the importance of finding ways to hold onto talent internally, even if interests are to change departments, rather then let them leave.

Advice to Management

Establish an employee retention program and resources.

9. "Ok"

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

It was ok to work here. Met some good people. Overall an okay experience if you are looking for experience in marketing.

Cons

Stressful environment. Very results oriented and there is a lot of pressure put on employees. Lots of long hours and nights.

Advice to Management

Listen to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to to

10. "Project Manager"

Former Employee - Project Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment (Less than a year)

Pros

365 days of work.. this company has round the clock studio, creative and events.

Cons

The company needs to be more diversified.