World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

3.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
World Wrestling Entertainment Chairman and CEO Vince McMahon
Vince McMahon

Pros
  • re looking to advance your career, be challenged on a daily basis and work in a fun, fast-paced environment (in 10 reviews)

• They generally pay well and have very good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Very demanding schedule and work life balance is a struggle (in 20 reviews)

• There can be long hours sometimes if there is an upcoming event or if you're on an understaffed team (in 8 reviews)

"A rewarding summer experience."

Former Employee - Summer Intern in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in Stamford, CT

Pros

The summer internship experience was very rewarding and offered ample opportunity to explore the areas I was interested in. Everyone I interacted with was friendly, and more than willing to help with my personal growth. I really would recommend working for this company.

Cons

As a summer intern you do not get paid. This was a major downside for me, but I did receive school credit. With that said, the experience was one of the best I have had as an intern.

Advice to Management

None.

"Fast moving exciting fun place"

Pros

Its nice to work for a company that makes people happy. To see thousands of families really enjoy themselves at events makes the job worth it

Cons

really fast pace, if you cant keep up you will be left behind

Advice to Management

communication

"Great place to work. They expect the best - and they get it!"

Pros

WWE is an amazing place to work. Executive management expects the best - only those that can keep up and deliver make it. There is a true collaborative environment that's rare in any industry - the staff cares about each other and the brand. I've never seen any organization have such passion for its fans - it's amazing.

Cons

If you can't keep up you are quickly left behind. Work / life balance is tough. Sometimes excellence demands sacrifice, and that can be difficult to handle at times.

Advice to Management

Stay true to the fans and you'll always succeed. Work / life balance issue needs to be addressed.

"Great company with a few bad apples"

Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Most of the people there are highly motivated, talented and care about doing a great job. The office has everything from cafeteria to gym. Live events and people were great. Some tremendous management at times. Overall great experience

Cons

There were a few who just "didn't get it" and some managers and dept. heads are clueless how to deal with people. There were more than a couple department heads who talked down to employees and walked around with their nose in the air. The ones you suspect would be arrogant were the most professional. Others had to "show" or tell you how important they were. Long hours and there really is no life outside WWE

Advice to Management

Find people who know what they're doing and stick with them!

"Lots of growth and opportunities."

Pros

Great work colleagues, fast paced work environment, creative work, great benefits, challenging projects, free gym.

Cons

Communication issues, long hours, "hurry up and wait" work cycle, last second changes and demands, not a very inspiring physical work environment (production facility).

7. "I think Wwe is a way to let anger out. And to be fit"

Current Employee - WWE
    Current Employee - WWE

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

It's a good way to be none and to defend your titles

Cons

Releasing your anger and just do something you like

8. "Great place to work!!!"

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented/passionate employees. Really generous benefits. Great overall culture.

Cons

Perception we are only a "wrestling" company. True leadership not valued-- the people closest to Vince are highly political and are self-serving. Communications from the highest levels is sporadic (we never hear directly from Vince, Michelle Wilson or George Barrios)

Advice to Management

Have to do a better job of bringing people on the journey. We believe in what we are doing but we get more information from the dirt sheets and Yahoo Finance than anything from our internal communications.

"Internship Program"

Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Intern in Stamford, CT

Pros

-Friendly staff
    -Great experience, highly recommended for a WWE fan

Cons

-unpaid
    -located in Connecticut, far commute if you live in NYC

Advice to Management

-start having paid internships

"Great Place to Work and Grow!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Pros

WWE is a great place to work if you’re looking to advance your career, be challenged on a daily basis and work in a fun, fast-paced environment. Employees are rewarded and recognized for their hard work. There's also a great sense of accomplishment among employees. It's a great feeling knowing you're making a real impact to the business.

Cons

Work/life balance is definitely something that’s difficult to manage.

"great love it"

Former Employee - Cashier
    Former Employee - Cashier

Pros

fun, meet a lot of people, you get to learn new experiences and do different things like cashier, greeter, runner, floor

Cons

the cons were fast paced, angry customers, not being able to solve problems that were out of my control and getting blamed by the customers for it

Advice to Management

my only advice is to keep doing what you're doing because you guys provide a safe and fun work place and I would definently love to work with them again