World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews | Glassdoor

World Wrestling Entertainment Reviews

Updated June 26, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • You get to be in a fast paced industry where you're from day one put in the action (in 11 reviews)

• They generally pay well and have very good benefits (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Depending on your department work-life balance can be difficult, but for myself I honestly have no complaints (in 21 reviews)

• no work life balance, terrible culture (in 5 reviews)

"Ripe for advancement"

Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Manager in Stamford, CT

Pros

Meal allowance for evening hours

Cons

Some disorganization can be reduced

Advice to Management

Observe working guidelines

"Don't work at the WWE, protect your career"

Former Employee - Middle Management in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Middle Management in Stamford, CT

Pros

Pros have already been covered below. BTW all, yes ALL of the glowing reviews on for the WWE on GDoor are written by the HR department. This is done once a quarter per a requirement. It is why they are so bland.

Cons

Unless you are 25-30yrs old and can afford the career detour, do not accept the offer of +20% comp over other roles that you would be considered for elsewhere. The WWE is a career pit; your skill sets will atrophy, you will spend all hours of the day managing up to the bitter feuds between the hair hat and mindy in teenage girl fights, and when you decode to leave you will never get another job as good as the ones that you considered before joining the WWE. The reason is that as a fake company, and you will simply not appreciate as a worker. When Linda was here everything was better. WWE is simply toxic on a resume and has ruined so many lives since I have been here.

Advice to Management

VKM the weather has gotten too Mindy inside and a HairHat has let you down since 2008. Time for change good man

"An international, publicly traded, 'Mom and Pop' shop."

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Senior Manager in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meeting interesting people and being a part of an iconic brand. Also, it was great seeing how WWE inspires people and makes them forget about their problems for a few hours a week.

Cons

Like the title says, this company contains the pressures of a global and publicly traded company with the informality of a small business (no approval or steering committee or any formalized process that I was exposed to). It actually feels like being back in high school. There is such an emphasis on 'looking good' and there is a general environment of insecurity and envy. 'We want to be like Disney'...'What does Netflix do?' . This has been, is and will be a recipe for disaster.

This place also has a high turnover rate due to this unique a culture of fear and vanity. A lot of the people that have been there a long time have pronounced sycophantic qualities about them and talking the talking but can't walk the walk. You can't blame them as this is how one thrives in that environment.

Unrealistic expectations. They want wall street hours on main street pay. Many people had never expected their jobs to be an almost 24/7 endeavor.

Advice to Management

Vince McMahon has accomplished great things in sports entertainment. Overseeing the day to day operations of a public company, however, is not for everybody.

You can tell that there are business practices that were widely used before the information technology age and its very archaic and only useful to appease executives whom have worked all their lives in that environment.

Also, stop trying to be like other companies and just try to be yourself. You have a product that inspires so many people and you're trying to be like Disney or Netflix. You're not Disney and Netflix, nobody is. If you start having a sense of self-identity, the company will not be as chaotic.

"Long time employee"

Current Employee - Director, International Marketing and Communications in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

WWE is an exciting, fast paced environment, filled with passionate folks. I've held many positions over 17 years here, starting as the receptionist and making my way to the current position of Director, International Marketing and Comms. Every day is a new day to learn, travel, and come up with interesting ways to do our jobs. With so many products, there are endless opportunities for creativity.
    There is an electricity in all of our offices, which is infectious.

Cons

Being a massive global brand, there isn't always great work/life balance. Depending on your role, the hours are long and travel can be brutal.
    It can be a challenging environment, with many voices to be heard in order to get things moving forward.

"Change CFO (de facto CEO)"

Current Employee - Operations in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Operations in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Iconic, albeit almost nostalgic, brand. Passionate staffs, changing environment, pace, availability of different projects. Casual atmosphere where generating volumes of subpar work is valued over the more insightful value-added. If you can turn a 3 page deck into 20 pages without saying anything additional in those added slides, my friend -you are what WWE Finance is looking for.
    If you can ID every fire it as someone else's to put out, you are management.
    If your calculus can make 1+1=4million subscribers, then you are WWE finance Man of Year.
    It is like being in a reality TV show, but as a job where needless and mind bending mistakes are made out in the open and not questioned. As I write this I surmise the "Real World - WWE Tower" is being pitched...

Cons

For those involved in the WWE Network life has been emotionally tough, it was a huge endeavor and if judged through the right expectations it has been a success…however, the CFO unilaterally told the world that it would be multiple times greater than any figures that were analyzed to death. The turnover here is terrible. The accusations of sexism, racism, and incestousness. RAW is dying needlessly, they replaced experts in TV who had long careers here without backups, and this killed RAW, which is now killing the Network.

Now is simply the worst time to work for the WWE, true that they will pay you a 25% premium to other offers, but you will immediately regret it and it will strand you in Stamford CT.

Advice to Management

VKM only you can make this change…the rumors of Shane returning are keeping the floor from falling out.
    Stop the finance department from ruining a once great company, they're job is #'s and can't get their own numbers right half the time and thus shouldn't be allowed to run us operational groups.

"Mixed..."

Current Employee - Marketing in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Marketing in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great passion for the business and generally smart people across the departments. I know some of the reviews on here bash specific people or departments (CFO, Head of Revenue, Head of HR etc) but I find them all to be very strong and frankly, better than the company deserves. Good pay and benefits.

Cons

Culture is shockingly bad-- especially within the leadership ranks. Most of the issues hidden from the Chairman.

"The best company I've worked for so far"

Current Employee - Social Media Insights Associate in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Social Media Insights Associate in Stamford, CT

I have been working at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great colleagues, all of the respective departments in the company are very closely-knit. Fun brand to work for if you're a fan of the entertainment industry. Great benefits and work-life balance, you'll most likely spend time with your team members outside of 'work'. Gym, Cafeteria, the works.

Cons

The commute can be a little bit long and pricey for people living in the five boroughs but there are commuter benefits to alleviate it.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind

"Not suitable employer for a Woman"

Former Employee - Executive in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Executive in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Identifiable entertainment brand, decent pay, garaged parking, passionate staffs

Cons

My review is only in regards to women readers, the previous reviews re: mis-management are all well written.
    In my twenty years of earned professional and executive experience I have never endured nor witnessed the way in which women are treated at the WWE.
    I work in Finance and Operations at the senior level and work across the company (not with talent). Day to day you are subjected to open leering above other roles that I have had. However, it is what happens when a colleague or junior female staffer leaves the room that is absolutely appalling. The immediate suggestions of her sleeping with this or that executive. We have had several recent news worthy female exits and there was an immediate slander of them having affairs with the top. Any attractive female, especially the younger staff, is constantly pawned at by the seniors. There have been several articles re: race issues here but it is truly the anti-women attitudes that are loudest.

Advice to Management

This ethic is from the top {redacted). Also, {redacted).

9. "HR Admin Assistant"

Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative Assistant in Stamford, CT
    Current Employee - Human Resources Administrative Assistant in Stamford, CT

Pros

Quality of hire is important. The interview process may be long, but there's a reason. They truly value the quality of the hire. To work in this environment you have to love your job. You have to want to work longer hours getting out at normal hours in not always an option. Every position is valued at this company, that's is why the interview process is very serious.

Cons

You won't be rewarded for the great job you do. But it will be appreciated regardless of if your praised for it or not. If you have good work ethic and care about your job. You will succeed here.

Advice to Management

Every business has its flaws, and they are working on there's everyday.

"Don't Even Think About Working at WWE"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

I worked at World Wrestling Entertainment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Really good comp. That's it.

Cons

Horrible Management, terrible Work/Life balance. People promoted to SVP who would barely qualify to be Production Assistants anywhere else. Outside people ignored, long term incompetent execs hailed as geniuses. Very rough, crude, and unprofessional culture.

Advice to Management

Sell the company to an organization that understands TV. You really don't.