World of Coca-Cola Reviews | Glassdoor

2.8

"Discrimination"

Former Employee - Guest Relations Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola part-time for more than a year

Pros

If I could put zero stars I would but sadly I can't. This job is only for old people with no future.

Cons

People of color cannot have certain things on them or else it's automatic termination. For instance the head raisin-faced manager talks about black people in particular about having certain nail/hair colors and others can because it "stands out" to our melanin and it automatically assumed unprofessional if you're black when it doesn't hinder us from performing efficiently and entertaining guests. What's more, they... rarely confront people of color and have other managers, supervisors, or employees of color to confront other employees.

Advice to Management

Stop stereotyping and make all rules equal to everyone or don't have them at all. Grow a pair when confronting without talking down like you're better, when in reality you are NOTHING without employees. Learn to be good leaders so maybe you can be respected versus trying to prove that you're better and not part of the team.

World of Coca-Cola2017-03-26
  2. "Enjoy going to work every day"

I have been working at World of Coca-Cola full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people but many don't like to be held accountable for their actions. Enjoy the special things managers do for us.

Cons

Employees that don't do thier job and don't want to follow policy.

Advice to Management

Continue to work along side employees and show your appreciation.

World of Coca-Cola2016-11-02
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Guest Relations Ambassador"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola part-time for more than a year

Pros

Meeting new people, working a lot of hours, co-workers

Cons

Poor management !! Micro managing employees - Pay sucks unless you don't have "real" bills or a lot of bills. They but I've heard they are trying to increase the pay to get new workers . No room for growth career wise

Advice to Management

Stop micro managing and acting like your employees are disposable with no feelings

World of Coca-Cola2016-11-08

"Great People, Poor Management"

Former Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You'll work with great people, lots of flexibility with scheduling, and you'll meet some really great people from around the world. Free parking and soda are a bonus.

Cons

Management loves to play favorites and micromanage. If they don't like you, you'll find out fast. Plus, they have a tardy policy that doesn't account for unexpected circumstances and is unnecessarily strict. They also claim to value diversity, but visible tattoos or exotics piercings aren't allowed.

Advice to Management

Abandon the tardy policy and micromanage less. Being constantly watched and critiqued really makes this otherwise easy job very stressful.

World of Coca-Cola2016-10-27

"Guest Relations Ambassador"

I worked at World of Coca-Cola part-time

Pros

-Worked well with School schedule -Gifts and free items given frequently (Bubbles!) -Unlimited Coca-Cola products to drink while you are working -Free parking in the parking deck or you can get a MARTA card (Transportation benefit)

Cons

-Very strict on time and quick to put employees on probabtion -Lack of upward mobility for the company -Face of the company, yet treated like a non-factor or unessential component of the Coca-Cola company -People have been at this job for years and are still doing the same thing; lack of professional development opportunities

World of Coca-Cola2016-08-23

"Worst job experience by far"

in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola

Pros

Free drinks, plenty of hours (con as well).

Cons

I wouldn't wish working here on my worst enemy. Working here was probably one of the worst experiences I have ever had in my employment history. I don't solely place the blame on the World of Coke but more so the staffing agencies they use to hire contract employees. Lazy, incompetent account managers who fail to communicate properly and effectively. I wouldn't even offer them a dime for attempt, for the lack of... professionalism is too real. Prospect applicants, please take these reviews into serious consideration. If someone can take time out of their day to TYPE a review about a JOB, then you'd better think twice about applying to such a place. The hours are long, almost comparable to warehouse hours and there is little to no work life balance. Management inside the building could do a better job in taking the concerns of the employees more serious. Little room for advancement. If you really think this will be the place for career advancement, then you really need to do some research. You have an easier chance at getting into Harvard than advancing to a management position here. (Not really but you get what I'm saying) The turnover rate is TOO high. You will see 10 new hires one week and only one remaining of the ten the next week.

Advice to Management

Please dismiss these temp agencies.

World of Coca-Cola2016-06-21

"This Will Be Your Worst Nightmare"

Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola for less than a year

Pros

There are not many pros to this job but there is free soda and you can try over 100 beverages from around the world. You will also get to interact with guests from different backgrounds and some of your co-workers might be nice.

Cons

While there are not a lot of pros, there are a lot of cons to working this job. You start off as a temp in this job and offered a black badge with the potential of becoming a permanent employee and red badge. Be prepared to be treated like a second class citizen if you have a black badge because you are treated less than those with a red badge. The pay is lousy and there are no benefits. The managers have favorites... and if you're not a favorite, good luck surviving at this place. There is no such thing as work life balance with this job; you never know what your schedule is going to be like and it constantly fluctuates. There is no upward mobility or advancement with this job. This job might be the Happiness factory to the guests but it's hell on Earth for the employees.

Advice to Management

I just have one word for the management team and that is professionalism. The management team lacks professionalism and the skills to even manage. The management team should be more professional, treat people like human beings and actually do their jobs. People would be happier in this job if management listened to their concerns and treat them like they matter. You never know if you're doing a good job but the one... moment you mess up, you're treated like the worst employee in the world. Fire your current management and start over because the current team have picked favorites and are not treating employees fairly.

World of Coca-Cola2016-05-20

"Horrendous"

Former Employee - Guest Relations in Atlanta, GA

I worked at World of Coca-Cola part-time for less than a year

Pros

Free drinks 20% off store merchandise Meet people from many different places Paid weekly Easy to request time off Sample new flavors

Cons

Poor work/life balance No upward mobility No communication between employee and manager Hires way too many people and starts to fire people without warning or real explanation. Fails to listen to employees as far as their interactions with the guests. Favoritism in an environment that should be devoid of that. Management fell down a lot on correcting employees being belligerent or missing their hour in the place... they were assigned due to them being personal favorites. Says they only need a week day and the weekend availability but will fire you without warning if you reduce your hours to that little. Will fire you over your property being damaged on their property. Too many seasonal employees Unorganized handling of vital information, i.e. Receiving your badge, receiving your breeze card.

Advice to Management

Just be honest with employees and care more about the problems they face at the job. Do not fire employees by making up problems that didn't exist so you can alleviate the payroll. No more favoritism as many managers were unable to still do their job correctly without their personal feelings being interjected. If someone is failing at their job, correct them instead of brushing it off because you think they are a... good person.

World of Coca-Cola2016-04-11

"Only good for passing by and on the job experience"

Current Employee - Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at World of Coca-Cola full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Only things good about this place is to have something to put on your resume and you get to work with (some) good people. Benefits are good if you lucky enough to get them.

Cons

Things are always changing at the drop of a hat and only to the benefit of the company. The only way to move up in the company if the opportunity even comes up is to kiss the right butt. They don't give a damn about the little people and it's more than obvious. Always a feeling of easy come easy go. Its sad when all the good workers are trying to find a way out including me.

Advice to Management

Pointless because they don't listen!

World of Coca-Cola2015-12-17

"Some what refreshing"

Current Employee - Brand Ambassador in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at World of Coca-Cola full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The benefits if you become full time... Work around school schedule if your seasonal and have fun events that happens every year.

Cons

There is really no room for mistake although work load and job is very elementary/minimal. Doesn't have a good balance between work and personal life and hours are all over the place even as a full time employee. Managers are conniving and sneaky and only look for the bad not the good in you. They are always changing the schedule and setting someone up for feller. Borderline definition of dead-in job. Trust me ive... been here for well over 5yrs.

Advice to Management

Start to appreciate those employees that you reilly on so heavily and help people grow with in the company rather then holding them back for your own selfish needs of the business reasons

World of Coca-Cola2015-08-28