WorldLink Reviews | Glassdoor

2.5
WorldLink President and CEO Adil Adi
Adil Adi

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Speed, flexibility, work-life balance, technology is good (in 4 reviews)

• There are no pros for this company (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor management who micromanages all aspects of day-to-day work and undervalues their teams thus creating a very poor work environment (in 3 reviews)

• If you would like to work for a company with a Management team that has no clue what is going on, please go ahead and work here (in 2 reviews)

1. "Consultant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at WorldLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great owners of company, great CEO.

Cons

Family owned business, growth opportunities have some limitations, consulting firm is new and growing fast. Consultants are frequency place in roles to fit a company need and not your area of expertise. This causes stagnation in your career. Over promise staff but under deliver.

Advice to Management

Stand by your word and what you promise. Stop placing professionals, like doctors of analytics in Business analysis role. Create an environment of success for your team, trust your team and stop hiring friends of friends to manage your staff, they are not leaders.

2. "Don't expect a career"

Former Employee - Commissioning Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Commissioning Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It IS a full time job, with insurance and paid holiday/vacation which is not common in telecom.

Cons

Don't expect a bonus, a raise, or to take time off if there is no work. It isn't really a salary, they WILL dock you of you don't punch the clock at work for 40 hours even during a project freeze.

But if you are heavily loaded you are expected to work as much time as needed with no Comp or OT. They follow Indian timekeeping standard, so take a book when there is a freeze.

Three years, no raises and less than 2 weeks notice of group closing, no severance and some vacation pay was "surrendered" because I was not able to take it. Be aware you won't get anything they don't HAVE to give you, to the penny -- keep EVERYTHING you sign.

Advice to Management

Even a modest pay increase negotiated with your client each year will make happier employees.

3. "Uninspiring work environment and lackluster leadership"

I worked at WorldLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If you're a fresher or out of a job, and possess skills in telecommunications engineering this might be a good place to start with. The environment might be better for their recruiters, legal, administrative assistants and other staff at the head office.

Cons

5 vacation days in a year, No 401(k) match, No yearly pay increments, No great benefits. Management isn't really interested in your growth. They are primarily a staffing company that doesn't take care of the working environment of the employees they staff for their clients. The management in general shows an attitude of arrogance and smugness towards the engineers they staff. Many of the engineers they staff are dependent on a work visa (H1-B) and look for Green Card sponsorship, and the company takes them for a ride, delaying these processes as much as possible.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees, and they'll take better care of your clients. Make an effort to interact more with not just your head office employees (recruiters, legal, admin staff), but also with the engineers you staff. Be genuinely interested in your employees who interact with your clients. Try improving the working conditions for them and inspire an environment of true leadership. Give them a path to grow career-wise to different roles. Don't be insecure about your employees leaving for your client. If you create a good environment with good benefits and inspire the employees (once again it's the ones that face your client and not just the ones within your main office), they will automatically work harder and do well overall and please your clients.

4. "TAC Engineer"

I worked at WorldLink full-time

Pros

Lot of scope to learn from a knowledge perspective. Ideal for someone who has just graduated from school - Masters or Bachelors

Cons

Not a lot of scope to grow from a career perspective

Advice to Management

To allow employees to move into cross functional teams with ease so as to ensure they have enough motivation and to encourage them to grow further in their career

5. "Internal Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Speed, flexibility, work-life balance, technology is good.

Cons

High pressure to perform, not the place to be a floater.

Advice to Management

None.

"Not impressed"

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

Too many to mention!

Advice to Management

Give others a chance to grow, its not always about your management who(for the most part) have no clue whats going on!

"Its only Client is Samsung Supporting Verizon - Client is Good but WorldLink, i guess i cannot even express here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at WorldLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None.....Even the Benefits are sub par.....
    This is a totally UNBIASED, Fair and Honest feedback.....

Cons

SAMSUNG has WORLDLINK as its ONLY resources provider (Not sure if it is Legal in United States and they must have twisted the Law to make it barely legal i guess). This situation leveraged WORLDLINK to treat their employees/contractors as bad as they can. Therfore there is a huge dissatisfactin among employess and therefore lots of people come and go at WORLDLINK and practically donot care genuinely supporting SAMSUNG's customer ie VERIZON and therefore VERIZON is getting truly bad service. WHY Someone in SAMSUNG made a decision to have only one Company as its resources and not to have competition or multiple vendor for Excellence will always remain a Mystery.

Why VERIZON (with all its outages and bad service etc) and knowingly supporting SAMSUNG to have WORLDLINK as its only source is a big question mark. SAMSUNG perhaps does not allow Competition (a foreign company and who knows what) but why VERIZON not seeing wrong with it which afterall impacting their services and customers, makes me wonder...Why, VERIZON not demanding for competition from SAMSUNG to get best of the best supporting their Network and not half harted burned employees of WORLDLINK who practically do not care because not that they are bad people but they were being mistreated by WORLDLINK big time and I have spoken and known lots of them excluding cheap H1B labor who walk and talk per WORLDLINK desire...

So for those trying to get onboard, and if you have an option and you are not a cheap H1B labor then TRUST ME and stay away from WORLDLINK as far as you can. In any case Think several times and Think hard..

Advice to Management

Not sure if anyone advised the CEO that he is best suited to run Prison Camps etc ....you are in the wrong business

"HR Manager"

I have been working at WorldLink full-time

Pros

tech focus, customer oriented, the change was always welcome

Cons

process improvement, and the overall communication

Advice to Management

none

9. "Still in love with WorldLink!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at WorldLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 2.5 years at Worldlink, I STILL think about how lucky I am to be part of such an amazing company. Why is it amazing? I am constantly reminded that I'm working towards our mission. We are helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies that they love. That means we're helping people CHANGE THEIR LIFE! Oh...and the Holiday parties are always amazing.

Cons

I don't think any company can say that they are perfect, and we have all made our fair share of mistakes. I think WorldLink tries to learn quickly from their mistakes and pivot or change as needed.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing it back to our mission! It's what keeps us on path.

"Not a good company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

nothing is good about this company

Cons

no increments for any employee unless you beg for it

Advice to Management

grow up