WorldLink Reviews | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
WorldLink President and CEO Adil Adi
Adil Adi

Pros
  • Speed, flexibility, work-life balance, technology is good (in 4 reviews)

• A good company that gave me the opportunity to start working in Telecommunications World with Samsung (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Benefits aren't competitive (no 401k match, insurance rates are only 'ok', only 10 days PTO for first 3 years, and then 15 days with 3 (in 5 reviews)

• Extremely unorganized work environment (in 3 reviews)

1. "Internal Employee"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Speed, flexibility, work-life balance, technology is good.

Cons

High pressure to perform, not the place to be a floater.

Advice to Management

None.

2. "Its only Client is Samsung Supporting Verizon - Client is Good but WorldLink, i guess i cannot even express here"

Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at WorldLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None.....Even the Benefits are sub par.....
    This is a totally UNBIASED, Fair and Honest feedback.....

Cons

SAMSUNG has WORLDLINK as its ONLY resources provider (Not sure if it is Legal in United States and they must have twisted the Law to make it barely legal i guess). This situation leveraged WORLDLINK to treat their employees/contractors as bad as they can. Therfore there is a huge dissatisfactin among employess and therefore lots of people come and go at WORLDLINK and practically donot care genuinely supporting SAMSUNG's customer ie VERIZON and therefore VERIZON is getting truly bad service. WHY Someone in SAMSUNG made a decision to have only one Company as its resources and not to have competition or multiple vendor for Excellence will always remain a Mystery.

Why VERIZON (with all its outages and bad service etc) and knowingly supporting SAMSUNG to have WORLDLINK as its only source is a big question mark. SAMSUNG perhaps does not allow Competition (a foreign company and who knows what) but why VERIZON not seeing wrong with it which afterall impacting their services and customers, makes me wonder...Why, VERIZON not demanding for competition from SAMSUNG to get best of the best supporting their Network and not half harted burned employees of WORLDLINK who practically do not care because not that they are bad people but they were being mistreated by WORLDLINK big time and I have spoken and known lots of them excluding cheap H1B labor who walk and talk per WORLDLINK desire...

So for those trying to get onboard, and if you have an option and you are not a cheap H1B labor then TRUST ME and stay away from WORLDLINK as far as you can. In any case Think several times and Think hard..

Advice to Management

Not sure if anyone advised the CEO that he is best suited to run Prison Camps etc ....you are in the wrong business

3. "Still in love with WorldLink!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I have been working at WorldLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

After 2.5 years at Worldlink, I STILL think about how lucky I am to be part of such an amazing company. Why is it amazing? I am constantly reminded that I'm working towards our mission. We are helping people everywhere find the jobs and companies that they love. That means we're helping people CHANGE THEIR LIFE! Oh...and the Holiday parties are always amazing.

Cons

I don't think any company can say that they are perfect, and we have all made our fair share of mistakes. I think WorldLink tries to learn quickly from their mistakes and pivot or change as needed.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing it back to our mission! It's what keeps us on path.

"Not a good company"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Jersey City, NJ

Pros

nothing is good about this company

Cons

no increments for any employee unless you beg for it

Advice to Management

grow up

6. "Support Engineer"

Former Employee - Network Support Engineer in Frisco, TX
    Former Employee - Network Support Engineer in Frisco, TX

I worked at WorldLink (More than a year)

Pros

HR response query quickly and provide help immediately. People work together and help each others.

Cons

the company provided inconvenient workplace for customer support assignment, small desk in an open place interference each others.

Advice to Management

listen employees more and provide better facility and work environment.

7. "Don't expect frills"

Former Employee - Commissioning Engineer in Plano, TX
    Former Employee - Commissioning Engineer in Plano, TX

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fairly quick to address issues, allows some telecommuting dependant on client requirements. This was a workplace management operation for Samsung.

Cons

Company does not do raises, it is very much like a contract agency that way. Vacation policy changes regularly, including just before a major layoff -- when it changed so that less vacation was carried over into the new year (layoff was in January) -- with short notice nobody was able to take any so most of us lost.

Advice to Management

Work with client to establish a competency scale for raises. (Eng 1, Eng 2, ect..)

"Great people, poorly managed."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

I worked at WorldLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful coworkers; a sense of comradery within the teams (WorldLink's only reason for retention.)

Cons

Poor management who micromanages all aspects of day-to-day work and undervalues their teams thus creating a very poor work environment.

Advice to Management

Trust your teams, or hire people you feel you can trust.

9. "Work almost 3 years"

Former Employee - Telecommunications Engineer in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Telecommunications Engineer in Overland Park, KS

I worked at WorldLink (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great salary. Work can be done remotely from home.

Cons

Only 10 days vacation per year. Work was project dependent. So if there's no project left to work on your life here is over.

"Not worth your time"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Pros

The people who work at WorldLink are absolutely phenomenal. Especially on the operations side (not including managers). They are flexible, smart and absolutely amazing. Always willing to help and have very good work ethic.

Cons

Very poorly managed company. Management and some Senior Managers do not know how to manage a business and its employees.

CEO seems to think a little too much of himself and is delusional to the point that it hurts the company rather than doing any good.

COO is disrespectful and believes in bullying employees in person and via email. There is nothing professional about how the COO runs operations and she definitely lacks the ability to communicate respectfully and make rational decisions. Everything from the manner in her behavior to the tone of her voice when speaking to an employee is unprofessional and uncceptable.

Employee Morale is a huge problem which is conveniently ignored and negative feedback is rendered very quickly in every aspect of an employee's duties. Basically, there is zero appreciation and employees are constantly pulled down and humiliated.

Employee benefits are terrible to say the least.

Qualified and hard working employees are underpaid beyond imagination and some managers who basically do and know nothing are paid exuberant amounts of money. All in all, educated, certified employees are not worth a dime. There is no support for career development of an employee in fact, I would say they have been a huge roadblock in any possible career development I would have expected and deserved over the years.

Advice to Management

1) Understand that you do not own your employees. They are the reason why your company is even considered a revenue generating entity.

2) Confront the morale problem and do whatever it takes to fix it immediately.

3) Eliminate unnecessary tasks that do nothing but waste an employee's time and prove to be absolutely useless (Status Reports)

4) Treat your employees how you'd like to be treated. They are not your servants.

5) Get Real!

"Terrible Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Pros

None, this company does not know how to function.

Cons

If you would like to work for a company with a Management team that has no clue what is going on, please go ahead and work here. The company is family owned where no one communicates with each other. The CEO is on his own trip, only interested in golf which has brought in NO business. They invest in the most irrelevant events that brings no revenue and then blame others for not bring any ROI. The COO just wants to micromanage people till they quit. It's almost like they want people to quit. People at corporate have to fill out an hourly report of what they do which takes up so much unnecessary time and energy. She likes to lead by terror and expects people to read her mind.
    The COO is the most sane out of the management team but is constantly checked out. He doesn't seem to agree with the CEO and COO's management style but has given in to the ridiculousness that goes on.
    The turnover at this company is WAY too high. Atleast 40 out of 70 people at the corporate office has quit and the remaining are looking for a job. The morale is non existent and people are demotivated beyond belief.

The underpay everybody and give no year end bonuses with the excuse that they have not done well that year. but buy Tesla's instead. This sets a very wrong impression on employees who have worked hard all year.

Advice to Management

There is no hope for you guys!