WorldVentures Holdings Senior Director Reviews | Glassdoor

1.6
WorldVentures Holdings Chief Executive Officer Josh Paine
Josh Paine
0 Rating

"Fast paced environment with constant shifts in focus."

Current Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I have been working at WorldVentures Holdings full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Company has a good work / life balance and the pay is more than fair. Good benefits. Work environment is comfortable.

Cons

Top executives disagree on alignment. This leads to frustrating directives and majority of time gets spent on keeping moral high.

Advice to Management

Trust in those who you have hired to make critical business decisions and hold them a countable.

WorldVentures Holdings2017-04-29

"At one point I was hopeful... Didn't think it could get worse, but it did!"

Former Employee - Senior Director in Plano, TX

I worked at WorldVentures Holdings full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Back when I joined more than 5 years ago, this place looked very promising- it had a silicone valley appeal, benefits were great. Most everyone earned a bonus and it was paid quarterly! What company does that??? They moved to a nicer facility. People didn't show up to work until past 9 am and the office was usually empty by 5 pm (that, in hindsight- is a red flag). Oh, and employees had the opportunity to travel to work in events around the world (another red flag, as this was very cost inefficient). Business was growing and the owner will cry with excitement every time he would have a town hall meeting with his employees, this usually on cue (again, now that I think about it this was another red flag).

Cons

So here's the thing... it was the way they handled their finances. No one in the c-suite was ever held accountable for their budget mishaps. Expenses, COG, Invoices... it seemed like no one was tracking what was going out vs what was coming in. And then one day it hit us like a ton of bricks. WorldVentures ran out of cash! All of a sudden vendors, leased facilities, sales reps, contractors- no one was getting paid. Then they started to lay people off. They went through multiple rounds of layoffs. But that wasn't enough. Meanwhile, the CEOs and presidents (because this company had several of each, go figure) where still leaving the rockstar lifestyle. Currently and at this point, this company is not hiring. If it is, maybe to backfill some critical customer service or accounting roles to keep the lights on. Employees are flocking. If you need a gig and don't care about low morale then this could be your place. You don't even have to show up to work, I doubt any manager cares at this point if their employees are performing. But if you are developing a career... well never mind. However, I'm mainly writing this for any prospective sales reps. Don't invest in this company or what they promise. Yes, at some point there were a few individuals making a decent amount of money (the top field sales leaders), but hardly anyone is making anything now. And if you are joining at this point, good luck seeing any return on your investment. WorldVentures owes a lot of money. Greed and lack of business acumen took them from a fun place to a miserable graveyard. Oh, and the benefits now suck because they can't afford to keep good benefits. I doubt any employee will ever see another bonus. The newest CEO is constantly looking for new rounds of investments to cover their debt. With no true assets, I really don't understand who would consider investing in this company. But to each its own.

Advice to Management

Advice to management--- not sure there's anything left to say. Advice to sales reps--- consider another company. you will not get your money's worth out of WorldVentures. Whatever any reps (that may still be around) are saying, it could've worked at one point, but not anymore. You will lose your investment and if you are a member you will not get to enjoy the product because none of the suppliers are getting paid so there is very little at this point being offered worth the membership fee. Advice to potential employees- go through all the reviews before considering joining this place. Use your judgement.

WorldVentures Holdings2018-03-20